weary1

Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to build a dredge, if your finding this amount of gold just panning.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're you excited when you saw GOLD? It sets my heart to racing when I see even tiny specks!

weary1

Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below is my total take thus far...same amount of gold in both pics but showing what it looks like in the pan and the vial...I still have to go through the cons again then go through the main material a few more times to try to recover what I'm sure I've missed...My snuffer bottle (not shown) is about halfway full of flour gold and black sand and hoping to figure out a good way to seperate the sands from the flour gold but I'm sure off to a good start for a place "that has no gold". what's kind of funny is in doing research I found an article about my town saying a gold venture was taken up here in the late 1800's to early 1900's but it said there was insufient amounts to make it a profitable venture so the idea was abandoned, stating that someone may on a good day be able to pan roughly 50 cents a day, well what's that in todays standards? 5-10 bucks? anyway I'm not in it to make cash but to experience the thrill of finding color.

Oh and the gold shown below is minus half of the bottle contents from the bottom pic in my original post up above...I gave some to a very good friend and now he's hooked as well...It's funny, you show the gold and the jaws drop and apologies come in for my being called foolish to even try this.

Just imagine what your daily take could be if you were running a 2", 3" or 4" dredge in that area!

cwwj123

Feb 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow you found some very beautiful gold! And the rarest, it sounds. =p Too bad that doesn't add to the price. "non-existing" is about as rare as they come. /laugh

jlee68

Jan 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those small pieces came from somewhere...try looking a little ahead of where you found them because the gold is so heavy it often only travels a small distance before it finds a place to settle. Good luck and keep looking.

twizzle

Greenie
Jan 20, 2014
iowa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that's awesome, I too am in north central iowa around fort dodge and I tell people I wanna look for gold or even just practice my panning skills and im looked upon as a goof ball wasting my time. I was able to find what looked like flour gold but not much so I discarded it. I will be getting out there this spring on my way to south Dakota and hit some streams in nw iowa and maybe ill find some nice pickers like you.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Twizzle, don't you dare toss any more gold back in the creek! ;-) Just out it in a ziplock Baggie and mail it to me!

Seriously, save it until you learn to separate that fine gold, it does add up!!

Last edited:

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats! Nice lookin gold!!! :-)

Top Member Reactions