First timer

steven332

Jul 1, 2013
millville
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no i would assume not there are some pretty fast rivers that people over here, new england, find gold in

OP
OP
mnmchase

mnmchase

Jan 30, 2013
no i would assume not there are some pretty fast rivers that people over here, new england, find gold in

I must be doing something wrong. Wish I had someone around here I could learn from. Thank you

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to YouTube and search, georgiagoldguy, in particular Tips to find gold in creeks and streams. May help, and if not there are a bunch of other videos to browse. Good luck.

shawn32671

Jul 4, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ghosttownhunter on youtube has great videos that are helpful too but his are mostly on prospecting and dry diggings but has great tips for panning techniques.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mnmchase,
Welcome to Tnet! You also want to learn "how to read a river" for prospecting. Search this site as well as you tube with those search words and you should find a short training thread.

Basically anything that obstructs the flow of the water will cause "heavy particles" to build up on the down river side of the object. Then there are which sides of the river to look on or at as the heavies drop out at different locations depending on the curves in the river bed.

Best of luck to you.................63bkpkr

Also, put some small lead bird shot in your pan and then add dirt. You are panning correctly when all the pellets are still in the pan after everything else is gone.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you're not digging deep enough. In fast moving water the gold is deep in the cracks and crevices.
Try under and around boulders and rocks on the banks too.

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe you are on the wrong river altogether. Any history of gold in the general area? Upstream or downstream...?

maplesapper

Nov 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the river is steep and fast, go to a spot where it widens up and flattens out. Water thats to fast and steep with bedrock will get flushed out. key rule is where it slows. Anywhere it slowes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread