have you guys seen the new gold hog HOG PAN?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Goldhock

Aug 11, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
could be a GPAA rule I guess?? Even in wilderness areas a sluice is allowed as no moving parts so not a machine...I even have a letter from Senator Udall's office to prove it!

I was wondering about that, seeing all the regs I've dug up say different. Thanks for the tip!
Btw, can you forward that letter to me, so I can put it with my other files please..thanks Kevin. Looking forward to catching up, hopefully a little later this month..early next month!
Bob

Last edited:

glot

Greenie
Sep 8, 2014
Rockhampton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is no one magic bit of equipment. If you like it, use it. If not, don't. There may be blokes out there with more prospecting experience or more geological knowledge but Doc is one hell of a smart bloke. Great business man. Would love to have a beer with him and hear his thoughts. Very smart man. Knows something about gold too.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep looking at the HOGPAN. Hands and pans only here. Will the "authority" actually classify it as a pan? I guess I shall soon find out.

smith one th.jpg

smith two th.jpg

smith three th.jpg

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gorgeous country!!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought the hogpan and i know The price seems steep, but its one great piece of equipment. I would gladly pay it again. Captures everything even super fines, just posted pics on other thread (looking for used hogpan) I walked up a small creek at lunch, near a house im working on. Only had about 15 min shovel time but was able to classifiy nearly a full bucket of cons to bring back to sample. Granted you can classifiy more material with standard 1/4" screen, but everything falls thru standard screen. The hogpan gets rid of lighter material thru fluid bed slots. I.E. less non gold bearing material in pan.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While out hiking using hogpan recently My business partner and i only ran into one problem. We only have one hogpan! We will soon be taking care of that problem.

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great thread, the only problem I have with the hog pan is the price if I could find enough gold to justify the cost it might be worth it to only take one piece of equipment into the backcountry and haul out a small amount of super cons. But seeing as I just had a new young one in June I can't justify the price until I find some thing worth hauling out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread