OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
======
Funny Randy. The one on the right looks to be asking either "what is a bar" or "can we go to the bar" ? Not camera shy are they. These are cute too. Thanks for sharing. Beer for the one in the bar :occasion14: and coffee for the two who don't go to the bar :coffee2: :coffee2: :notworthy:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
======
Funny Randy. The one on the right looks to be asking either "what is a bar" or "can we go to the bar" ? Not camera shy are they. These are cute too. Thanks for sharing. Beer for the one in the bar :occasion14: and coffee for the two who don't go to the bar :coffee2: :coffee2: :notworthy:
Actually that shot glass in front of casey IS her beer. The bar tender always serves her a 2 oz beer Hysterical

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I have a new grand dog. This is Trixie. She is an Australian cattle dog/Corgie mix. I haven’t got to meet her yet. She’s cute though.

3EAD3041-2D7A-4E56-94A0-F76F3572AB57.jpeg

F6187C0F-1259-4854-8F61-662ED2A77112.jpeg

FA88F73D-F4B5-4EA8-BBA2-113B71AC7DAA.jpeg

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree WD, Trixie IS cute. Love her nap time picture ! They Always look so innocent. :notworthy:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, The 2yr old cat hates the kitten....although all of a sudden he's turned into Mr Sociable now.

Up until yesterday he wouldn't eat anything that wasn't His brand and mix of food...Now he's eating shredded cheese out of my hand...I'm sure because he saw the kitten will eat anything, considers it a treat and isn't picky. Constantly purrs, is loveable, but he did scratch the heck out of the palm of my hand when he accidentally hit something that made a loud ding and it scared him.

The older cat has Never purred in his adult life. I found him when he was Tiny, sitting in the middle of a busy road late one night and brought him home. He refuses to go outside, hides when the door opens and throws a fit if I put him in the carrier to go to the vet. I'd never attempt to try and carry him to the car.

I've had the kitten in his carrier in the main living area so everyone can get used to each other... I let him have free run of a room to eat and use his box. When I let him out with the older cat... he immediately tries to tackle the kitten and bite his neck while growling. The kitten just slaps him and wants to play.

Anyone know the best way to get a young but older cat to like a kitten that just moved in?

Thank You!

Kace

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
======
Maybe Casey is looking for his Master ? :tongue3: What breed , Pointer ? That is a funny picture and cute. Thank you for sharing. :notworthy:
Master took the picture. She is allowed in and always hops up on a bar stool Yes she is a short haired pointer Excellent bird dog very soft mouth

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
IMG_20171102_205259.jpg
Gunther and Abby...

IMG_20180117_204838.jpg
Abby, Gunther with son Bo(cephus)

IMG_20150308_210713_538.jpg
Gunther as a fat pup...

IMG_20150522_194834265.jpg
Ready to go!!!

Sadly, Gunther is the only one we have left due to the neighbors....

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My buddy Scruff E. Cat hanging out under the Christmas Tree..

He's all the Christmas present I need..8-)

Scruff at christmas2-2.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, The 2yr old cat hates the kitten....although all of a sudden he's turned into Mr Sociable now.

Up until yesterday he wouldn't eat anything that wasn't His brand and mix of food...Now he's eating shredded cheese out of my hand...I'm sure because he saw the kitten will eat anything, considers it a treat and isn't picky. Constantly purrs, is loveable, but he did scratch the heck out of the palm of my hand when he accidentally hit something that made a loud ding and it scared him.

The older cat has Never purred in his adult life. I found him when he was Tiny, sitting in the middle of a busy road late one night and brought him home. He refuses to go outside, hides when the door opens and throws a fit if I put him in the carrier to go to the vet. I'd never attempt to try and carry him to the car.

I've had the kitten in his carrier in the main living area so everyone can get used to each other... I let him have free run of a room to eat and use his box. When I let him out with the older cat... he immediately tries to tackle the kitten and bite his neck while growling. The kitten just slaps him and wants to play.

Anyone know the best way to get a young but older cat to like a kitten that just moved in?

Thank You!

Kace

Can't help you Kace. All that I have experienced from cats is that it their way or the highway attitude. :BangHead:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kace, just went through that same situation here. Wife got a
small kitten about a year ago.

For the most part Scruff just ignored it, and on occasion would
hiss at it if it got too close. He was actually very gentle with it,
in a sense, because he could have beat the crap out of it if he
so desired. This kitten (JoJo) was small, and at 5 mos. old weighed
about as much as Scruffs back leg.

Took about 6 mos, and then one day he just tackled her and politely
let her know he was the boss, and he did so in the same way your
cat did...holding the smaller cat down and holding it's neck..gently.

Scruff is 13 now, and is not what I consider to be "social". First sign
of a strange human, and he vamooses. First sign of another cat (even
the scent of one that crossed his turf) and he gets pissed..ready to
fight for his space.

But, he and JoJo (little one) now play..chasing each other around the
house. It doesn't happen every day as Scruff spends a majority of his
time outdoors, and she is a strictly indoors cat. Still, I never thought
I'd see the day when he played with another cat..8-)

Be patient..they (the cats) will work it out in time.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1662198
Gunther and Abby...

View attachment 1662199
Abby, Gunther with son Bo(ceps)

View attachment 1662200
Gunther as a fat pup...

View attachment 1662201
Ready to go!!!

Sadly, Gunther is the only one we have left due to the neighbors....
They do breathe better on their backs I have noticed. Sleeping on their stomachs they are a gurgley snorkeling mess. I dare not ask why your neighbor is responsible for you only having one left? Sounds pretty tragic.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace, as much as I hate to hear it let alone see it, they will work it out. They kinda need to establish an order. When ever I heard a "commotion" I would watch to make sure it did not get out of hand. Good luck and have patience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread