Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Trailer loaded... check
Truck loaded.... check
Food and water loaded... check

Now I have to twiddle my thumbs till it's time to head to Kentucky Camp to meet Chris. I really hate twiddling my thumbs when I'm more than ready to get this show on the road.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well now I'm ticked off!!! I'm expecting a package from N. Carolina that was supposed to be here today and now tracking says it won't be here until Monday. This sets everything back at least a couple of days. Now it is looking like I won't be getting out of here until Tuesday at the earliest. You pay extra for second day delivery and they can't deliver so don't waste your money with ups!!!!!!

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And they're. Off and running!!!! Heading out for Kingman, this morning and my next report will be live from the area I'm going to start off in.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heading out for Kingman, this morning and my next report will be live from the area I'm going to start off in.
Make sure to take a ton of pictures and videos of your exploits. Many people here in AZ (myself included) are expecting a full report of how your mining operations are proceeding. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff is on his way. He is now leaving Tucson with 30 five gallon buckets I donated to his gold getting cause. I gave Jeff directions on how to get through Oro Valley and out to I-10 to head north to Phoenix. All the power to Jeff as he sets out for the next chapter of his life. Heavy pans to you Jeff...

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TOUCHDOWN!!! ....AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

Made it into Kingman last night about 8:30 or so and spent most of the night talking with my friend Danger.

Got up this morning and after getting fuel I headed out to the first area I had researched. Finding to turn off was wicked hard thanks to road destruction in the area but find it I did. Currently parked about a mile short of where I'm headed to post this as I was loosing signal fast.

The trip up was long and my trusty mule Toyota once again served me well. Thanks to Keith for all the buckets. Those are going to be a huge help. Drove through Clay's neck of the woods and I can see why he hangs his hat there.

Well time to finish the trip to the first area and see about getting camp set up.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Breaking news (12 hours ago)...

Jeff gave me a call around 8 pm last night. So far so good. He had no problems the first night (except for talking till 1 am with his new friend) and blended right in with the motor homes and travel trailers @ Wally World in Kingman. The next day was spent finding the potential claim, a suitable camp site and getting everything set up. (Jeff also said to please be patient regarding pictures until the claimed is staked and filed). Jeff was able to get two bars on the phone and linked in to TN before he called me. The call dropped a few times but with the rain and solar flares going on with the sun, it was to be expected and certainly better than nothing! He now has to start typing and updating us using his smart phone, so please forgive the inevitable typo's.

Just before dark, it started to rain and Jeff got a little wet finishing up outside but the tent was already set up and nice and dry inside with plenty of room. He had a movie in the DVD player and was just soaking it all in. Today he should be able to finish up camp and prospecting can start this afternoon.

As a side note, when he talked to Chris earlier at Kentucky Camp, Chris got wet too but not before he got a classified 5 gl bucket full. Jeff told Chris where he had been digging and certainly pointed him in the right direction as Chris pulled about 30 small pieces of course gold out of the material.

Stay tuned...more as this story develops...

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Grasshopper for posting the update for me.

After a damp night I woke up to a beautiful day here in the middle of nowhere. Some of the clouds had settled into the valleys to the east of me and the sunrise hitting them was spectacular!!!! Things are starting to dry out and I'm getting the final touches done around camp. Fire ring is all built up and the area cleared around it for a nice safe distance. Still have to get the supply tent up and the extra gear stowed inside it. I've been taking some pics but as Jeff said, I won't post any of them until I have the claim(s) secured. Still learning this new phone so bear with me here guys.

I have been seeing lots of good signs in this area. Tons of quartz in camp alone as well as rivers of black sand running down the road into the area. Should be some good hunting for some very sassy gold to say the very least. Stay tuned for further developments!!!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff, just remember to start your truck once in a while to keep the battery up or maybe you have a solar trickle charger. Anyways I hope your well and the gold gods are on your side and keep those 30 buckets out of this summer sun. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well things have gotten weird out here. Seems that my wallet has gone AWOL. Pita to say the least. Tore the tent, truck etc apart looking for it to no avail. Well at least I've got a nice clean camp again. I'm sure it will turn up in time.

The digging out here is pretty tough and much like Kentucky Camp, you have to dig three buckets of materials to get one of classified. Been hand panning the samples but once I find something good I'll setup the sluice. No sense in using it at this point as water is at a premium.

Some beautiful spots near the camp site and the locals I've met have been great. I've seen a few old workings but have yet to be able to find any of the markers for the claims downstream from me. I'm making sure to stay well up stream from any existing claims listed in the LR2000. Just being out here on my own has been great and I'm starting to feel human once again. Its amazing how getting away from people can improve your attitude so much.

Still looking for a piece of ground worth claiming, but the hunt so far has been worth all the effort just in the peacefulness of the area.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still looking for a piece of ground worth claiming
What would be really cool is if you could go more into detail of all your sampling activities. I'm sure many here would really appreciate seeing first hand (meaning lots of photos and videos) of what it actually takes to sample for gold in the desert, and then how to figure out what the best ground is to lay claim on. :thumbsup:

itspaidfor

Feb 18, 2015
LeClaire,Ia
Primary Interest:
Other
I am leaving for Arizona Thursday and will be meeting up with Jeff to help him test with the Goldclaimer, I will be bringing a video camera but I don't think he wants a video until claims are filed I will ask him. I will be making a video on the trommel at a different location.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will be bringing a video camera but I don't think he wants a video until claims are filed I will ask him.
As long as you keep the camera focused on the task at hand and don't go panning the entire countryside, me thinks you'd be 99.9% safe in taking videos of any sampling and digging activities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread