Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think Jeff's concern is GPS co-ordinates attached to picture files...especially smart phone ones. I haven't heard if video cameras or pics from such is "location free" but if it is...roll on I say!:icon_thumleft:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone talked to Jeff lately? I just called him and no answer. His last post was 5 days ago about his wallet coming up missing.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I am leaving for Arizona Thursday and will be meeting up with Jeff to help him test with the Goldclaimer, I will be bringing a video camera but I don't think he wants a video until claims are filed I will ask him. I will be making a video on the trommel at a different location.

Any word from itspaidfor

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Hey guys I am in Yuma now and have been trying to call Jeff for 3 days and no answer. he did give aprox directions to where he is at. I do not like the situation. I will keep trying to call and see what happens.

Keep us informed thanks.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I talked to Jeff today and he is fine. He had some material to run, got his truck stuck over the weekend but all is well except for still looking for the gold.
BTW...Jeff's phone will only work in a "sweet spot" in camp.

itspaidfor

Feb 18, 2015
LeClaire,Ia
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear all is well! We are at the super 8 in Yuma waiting for detorez detectors to open at 10am. Need some new moss & carpet.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, sorry for the delay but my phone is hit on miss for getting on line with out here.

This has been a learning experience to say the least. All of the color I've been finding has been small. That's small as in need a magnifying glass to see it. Not worth the time to work.

However, yesterday I sampled a bench deposit about 2 miles upstream and found some better color. I didn't even need my glasses to see it. Access is going to be the main problem with working it. As it gets drier out here, the sand in the wash gets softer. Hence the reason I got stuck last Friday. My little mule isn't as sure footed as I'd hoped. A little help from Debbys' brother in law and I was out in no time. It was during the walk back to camp that I spotted the area I tested yesterday. Unfortunately it in one of many soft zones on the road through the wash. This area might have to wait till we get some rain here to compact the sand again. All I know is I don't want to get stuck again.
I have been taking pictures
But until the claim,is filed I won't post them for obvious reasons. Video shouldn't be a problem.

Best time to try to reach me out here is in the early morning or around 7ish at night. When I'm down working in the wash in have zero signal so I don't bother turning the phone on. More soon.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gold may not jump in your pan but keep searching and I'm sure you'll find that great deposit worth claiming :) ...and visiting!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I kinda thought it would be cell service issue. Kingman area has very few cell towers. I tried again this morning to call Jeff with no luck.

SpecJet

May 8, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The trick to getting traction in loose sand is to drop the air pressure in your tires way down, like 20 PSI or lower.
This will increase your contact patch and allow you to float on top.
It also has the advantage of a smoother ride over washboard roads.

In extreme cases I've gone as low as 10 PSI and driven a stuck truck, buried to the axles, straight out of the hole created by the driver that was running 60 PSI for towing his trailer on the highway.

Having a small air compressor or hand pump is mandatory as driving at high speeds with low air pressure is not safe for long distances.

The first thing I do as soon as I hit the dirt is air down to 25-28 PSI, depending on road conditions and the load I'm carrying.

Running offroad with reduced air pressure also helps in avoiding punctures from sharp rocks or other objects.

This may be old hat for some people, but it's something most people don't think about, until it's to late.

Good luck Jeff, following this thread has inspired me to plan my next prospecting adventure to new ground.
I've been researching an area outside Salome, planning to head out there this week.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Left two voice mails or you Keith, or should I call you mom? Just kidding of course. Thanks for the concern guys as it means a lot to me. Between Debby and the couple from Wikiup I met out here I'm being well taken care of. The Wikiup folks come out every few days to go riding and bring me water on every trip. Debby seems to have made it her mission to see to it that I have all the comforts of home here at the base camp. My tent looks like,some bedouin harem tent for all the pillows! The pantry is well if simply stocked and I've got Guinness a plenty. The only thing I could really stand to get is a YETI cooler. At their prices it's going to be some time before I can afford one. They should be gold plated as much as they charge for those things!!!
Going to give proprietor a call next. We now return you to our regular programming......

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff wanted me to pass along that after his last post Verizon said he was out of data, so expect a week of off line from him. Still ok to call him early am or later in the pm.
He also said he tried re-running sample cons he had all ready run but this time using his drop riffle sluice and found visible gold using it. Still learning where to look and what to use.
We're rooting for GI!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone talked to Jeff lately? I just called him and no answer. His last post was 5 days ago about his wallet coming up missing.

Anybody know if he found his wallet? That can be such a pita trying to replace stuff; especially from out in the desert. And he's going to need identification when it comes time to file his claim.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok guys. Back on line and phone again. Came into Kingman for a dose of civilization. Walletnturned back up from its hiding place under my Pink Floyd tee shirt.

Found a good place about a half mile back towards camp from where Debby and I got stuck in the sand. (Walking back to camp paid off in a lot of ways.) Went back to the area the next day and took a two bucket sample and found gold I could see without a magnifying glass. Still need to figure out the extent of this deposit to see if I want to file on it. It easy to see that this is an old river bed.

What is going to be the main problem working this area is going to be access. As the wash dries out the sand get softer. I'll post more later as right now I e got a hot blonde and a cold scotch waiting for me...😈

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG...you are having WAY too much fun. Hot blonde and cold scotch, and chasing gold. I was envious before, but now ......
I don't think I could fit into my Pink Floyd tee shirt any more.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok... I've just been informed that she isn't a hot blundering a dirty one. Ok...fine by me as long as its a mental thing. A dirty mind soba terrible thing to,waste.

Let me,say that ANYONE that wants to,film much activities for some show needs to be able,to,do a couple of things first. They have to leave all added drama at do the city limits
limits. I've got no time for it in my life. Next they can't be going by any scripting. Of they can't handle that, then get off my operation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions