Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's just me ,but I actully thought you were looking for the CAR and not West Virgina.

OP
OP
W

wvrelichunter

Mar 13, 2010
charleston,wv
Detector(s) used
whites m6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i live in wv.i know a few where i live and found some good stuff.want to find new places.i love to go to car or va but its hard to.

miasdad

Mar 13, 2010
hi thirty7 i am in wv around greenbrier county you know of any cw camps ?how would you find this out i am sure they was every where around creeks ponds for water.ect

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
miasdad said:
hi thirty7 i am in wv around greenbrier county you know of any cw camps ?how would you find this out i am sure they was every where around creeks ponds for water.ect

Hello, I'm in Va. now but used to live in Lewisburg in Greenbrier county. Typing " Greenbrier county west virginia civil war camps " in google will give you plenty of info on where some camps were. I know a few spots from when I lived on route 60. Pay close attention to those white historical markers and hope you meet some friendly landowners / farmers. Do any arrowhead hunting in Greenbrier?

digging wv

Sep 16, 2007
Cabin Creek
Detector(s) used
Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to look up CCC camps in WV. There is one about 6 miles from my home. Will be in it this summer. Also about 1 mile from an old train yard that was flooded in the 50's. Photos show several houses washed against the engine house. Also had a steam locomotive explode in the same yard. A little exercise this summer! 8)

Placer1

Greenie
Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a list of ghost towns in West Virginia. Link. That might be a good starting point for research.

howardgooden

Aug 29, 2011
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE,Fisher F2,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im in Randolph county. Plenty of places down here. Locals are nice and usually don't turn u down! Get in touch and I will let u in on more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread