Robertson Family Press Release Implies Duck Dynasty May Leave A&E

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Hi, My belief is that Jesus message was" Love the Lord your God, love your neighbor as yourself - do good to those that treat you badly - go the extra mile." His "mission" was to redeem the the human race by His death on the cross. He fulfilled every letter of the law, but called sin as it was & healed those who had faith. This Christmas season, lets focus on being compassionate to others & uplifting those who are in need. Merry Christmas to All.
I was surprized to see some one else under stand that Jesus lived up to not just Gods law, but to mans law also. Which should tell every body that he ( Jesus ) was a married man..That will give you some thing to think about.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing more humerous than a non-christian quoting the Bible. Tell us some more of your wisdom Uncle Matt. You have no clue what Jesus said or stands for. Not once did he promote Sin, nor would he ever. He HATES the ways of people who promote sin. He said it himself. You have no clue - Stop the hatred!

Curious how you know what UncleMatt's personal religious beliefs are?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I think jerseyben, Old Bookaroo & UncleMatt are all the same guy and I would like a full scale investigation started immediately. They are always answering for eachother... LMAO.. I'd love to stay & play but I have "real" stuff to do. Later kidz...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Going to be interesting to see how the Cluster Duck unfolds in mid-January, 2014. If the Robertson family refuses to participate in a 6th Season, chances are A&E will keep them from going anywhere.

If they do cooperate and the series is filmed with less or more Phil Robertson, probably in six months to a year after that season is over the family can move on.

Who owns the "Duck Dynasty" name? I'm betting it's A&E or an affiliated corporation. The Robertsons, sometime in early to mid-2015, can go to another network. What can they take with them?

And what if A&E intentionally stretches out Season 6 - to delay the broadcast of the final show?

Between now and then, the feathers will fly. Will the Ducks?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing more humerous than a non-christian quoting the Bible. Tell us some more of your wisdom Uncle Matt. You have no clue what Jesus said or stands for. Not once did he promote Sin, nor would he ever. He HATES the ways of people who promote sin. He said it himself. You have no clue - Stop the hatred!

Why is that humorous? Shouldn't it be very embarrassing for a group who claim to follow a certain religious text to be outshone in knowledge of that text by a non-believer?

CLUE: I was raised in a religious home, where I had to memorize a chapter of the Bible every single month. I may be wrong, but I bet I know more about the scriptures than you ever will.

And it doesn't do much good to point out the scriptures that refute people's agendas when all they do is ignore that information, even though it is in their own Bible!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

1536588_680895181930893_1211292242_n.jpg

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Same old crap......a minority telling the majority what to think and what you can and cant do........and if you don't follow in march step YOU are the DEVIL!!!!!
This minority would dictate the social mores for everyone, IF we let them.......will we?

Christianity
Gun owners
right to life
etc etc

These are all BAD things to rid from our lives and then we will see the light too!!! BAAHHAAAHAA
P.S. No one reads the complete statement from Phil Robertson, at the very end where he qualifies what he says at the end by explaining he isn't judging anyone.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 915605

There is a 4.5 years difference in age and they married when she was 16 and he was 21 in La where legal age to marry is 16 with parents permission and they have been married for 47 years so where in the heck are you getting pedophile. ..

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just waiting for Phil to go on the air and explain why he thinks its okay for him to cherry-pick Christ's teachings. Christ said to love, not hate. He also said not to judge others. But Christ never said a word one way or the other about homosexuality. So why does Phil feel as a "Christian" he has the right to ignore what Christ really said, to focus on what he didn't say?
Jesus did say, that a man would leave his father and mother for his wife and they would be one flesh. Recall that or need the chapter and verse?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I loved the show and hope this gets resolved. Phil has his opinions and everyone knows that. What did they think was going to happen when they interviewed him? I respect Phil and his family but as UncleMatt says, Christ said to love everyone.

is it not possible to love a person yet hate the things they do?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is your brain on liberalism ......No Facts + spin+ some education = misinformation.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
There is a 5 years difference in age and they married when she was 16 and he was 21 in La where legal age to marry is 16 with parents permission and they have been married for 47 years so where in the heck are you getting pedophile. ..

We will NOT go quietly into the night!
Because vomiting garbage onto the pages of this forum is what they do and nobody makes them stop. "pedophile" ? Prove it with a link showing where he was convicted in court of that nasty vile accusation or shut up !! Everytime I think you can't go any lower UncleMatt you make me wrong. The other mistakes he's made in his life he's admitted to, made amends to his wife & family for, and become a better person as a result. He certainly dosn't owe an explanation for his past to YOU :censored: !

Last edited:

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they do leave A&E and make a better television station popular.

It is kind of ironic how he was suspended for expressing his beliefs when A&E claimed he was not accepting the beliefs of others (essentially).

Such hypocrisy and irony makes this situation almost laughable. A&E is like the incarnation of the left's ideology that you should accept the beliefs of others unless it conflicts with the left's.

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was surprized to see some one else under stand that Jesus lived up to not just Gods law, but to mans law also. Which should tell every body that he ( Jesus ) was a married man..That will give you some thing to think about.

Really? Jesus was married? To Whom and your source of this knowledge?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 915605

OK Uncle Matt - Jesus did say "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" Then he turned to the woman who sinned and said .......Come on Uncle matt, you can do it. Finish his words. Patheitc Lib's who know nothing about the truth.
Also -Jesus did say, that a man would leave his father and mother for his wife and they would be one flesh. Recall that or need the chapter and verse? - Thanks Jeff for stating facts.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He talked his trash earlier in the thread, JB old boy - Read up, you just might learn something!!!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good riddance!! Now let's see the Kardashians, the Shahs of Sunset, Survivor, WWF Smackdown, Honey Boo Boo, and the rest of the mindless TV shows fade into the sunset. These shows represent the "dumbing down" of America. Surely the American TV producers can come up with some better fare for the viewers. It almost seems like they are in competition to see which production company can come up with the worse tripe and get paid handsomely for it.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Good riddance!! Now let's see the Kardashians, the Shahs of Sunset, Survivor, WWF Smackdown, Honey Boo Boo, and the rest of the mindless TV shows fade into the sunset. These shows represent the "dumbing down" of America. Surely the American TV producers can come up with some better fare for the viewers. It almost seems like they are in competition to see which production company can come up with the worse tripe and get paid handsomely for it.
Just like I keep trying to tell the whiny *****y guys on here who click on a thread only for the purpose of complaining about the topic.... If something dosn't interest you DON'T LOOK.. Geez.. It really is that simple. :thumbsup: My wife loves all those hokey "paranormal" shows. I don't. I prefer the History channel & National Geographic and that stuff. When her stuff comes on I turn on my computer or go work in the garage.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just waiting for Phil to go on the air and explain why he thinks its okay for him to cherry-pick Christ's teachings. Christ said to love, not hate. He also said not to judge others. But Christ never said a word one way or the other about homosexuality. So why does Phil feel as a "Christian" he has the right to ignore what Christ really said, to focus on what he didn't say?

Not cherry-picking if you do your best to adhere to it all. The real cherry-picking comes in when many ignore the parts that do not suite them or may not be politically correct. The thing that blows my mind is the fact that we have lost site of fact that there is a little button on the remote that allows us to leave a channel that may conflict with our beliefs and values. Anytime we accept censorship as acceptable on such issues we all loose. When you ask any man of his age and upbringing about such topics expect to hear the truth. Whether you agree or disagree, condemning any man for his religious beliefs is plain and simply wrong. He is a Christian and is standing by his beliefs. I actually admire the fact that he is NOT cherry picking and worried about who he may offend. The man is doing his best to follow the word as it is written.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread