OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Evidently this guy said that homosexuality was like bestiality. How does he know?? Is this a case of "it takes one to know one"??
Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!

Phil was a hard partier back in the day. I think he put like this: Sex drugs rock and roll. He is also an Alcoholic, though technically not in recovery, that's in his past. So i guess the proper term is Dry Alcoholic. Point is the guy did some partying! Didn't we all!

Haven't read anything in his past about how he avoided spending time in Southeast Asia. Uncle Sam was doing junkets to the area at the time. Many of us got to go for a year. Some won the Uncle Sam lottery and got to go twice! But Phil, Hmm? Missing from his bio. Did he get the free trip to the land of Bullets, Bombs, and Clap? Maybe it's in his book?

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Phil Robertson never compared beastiality to homosexuality.He was asked what he thought to be sinful and beastiality was one of the sins which it is in the Bible.See how things get twisted? Remind me if any of you that are still defending A&E and ignoring Phil Robertson's 100% belief in God's word come over I should hide the dog.

Leviticus 18:23

And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion.

Phil used the word morph. The definition of the word morph is to change shapes. That is one object changing from one shape to another. Thus a connection.

had he just gone down a list of things he considers sins, i'd agree with you. But he said " Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there." The connection isn't even implied. By the very definition of "morph" he said both are one in the same.

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
And he went from college to teaching to drinking to finding God and rebuilding himself.

I guess he got a deferment. A very popular way to go in those days, though not highly thought of 40 years later, when improper context is applied. Most of my friends and both my brothers did the same. That's cool!

Of course much changes in 40 years. Like the fact that Phil married a 16 year old. That wouldn't fly today up here in the liberal northeast. Even 40 years ago it didn't fly here. Surprised it would fly in the conservative south. More surprised there wasn't more commentary about that on these pages. Considering all the defenders of Phil the man of God. Anything in the Bible about sex with children?

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My definition of morphing in this case means branching out,not necessarily deriving from.I took his statements to mean that sins of the flesh in its many forms are all one in the same.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
If we go back far enough 30 was senior citizen territory. So getting married as a young teen was not only the norm, it was necessary. But that was then and this is now. And on a biblical time scale 40 years ago is now.

It's just an observation that while Phil went down his laundry list of morphed sin, adult sex with minors wasn't on it. Though i believe it would be on most people's list. But, i'll speak only for myself - it's on my list.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And he went from college to teaching to drinking to finding God and rebuilding himself.

I guess he got a deferment. A very popular way to go in those days, though not highly thought of 40 years later, when improper context is applied. Most of my friends and both my brothers did the same. That's cool!

Of course much changes in 40 years. Like the fact that Phil married a 16 year old. That wouldn't fly today up here in the liberal northeast. Even 40 years ago it didn't fly here. Surprised it would fly in the conservative south. More surprised there wasn't more commentary about that on these pages. Considering all the defenders of Phil the man of God. Anything in the Bible about sex with children?

Legal age to marry is 16 in La with parents permission and there is only 4.5 years difference so there was nothing pedophile about it......

My wife is 20 years younger than myself....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Yet age of consent in 15 states is 17 or 18. And, maximum age difference not to be rung up on rape charges is 4 years or less in all but two states. La is 2 or 3 years depending on age of victim. But that's today not forty years ago.

I guess how it is looked upon depends on where you live.

AS for a wife 20 years younger - the age difference is meaningless if she was an adult when she married.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Yet age of consent in 15 states is 17 or 18. And, maximum age difference not to be rung up on rape charges is 4 years or less in all but two states. La is 2 or 3 years depending on age of victim. But that's today not forty years ago.

I guess how it is looked upon depends on where you live.

AS for a wife 20 years younger - the age difference is meaningless if she was an adult when she married.
NF you're really grasping at straws in an effort to make him look bad. Come on man. What difference does it make what the law is in 15 other states. What matters is that he didn't break the law in the state he lived in, had her parents blessing, AND they have been married nearly 50 years. My apologies but posting junk like this makes you appear desperate. When I married my first wife she was 16 & I was 17. We had our parents blessing. I also joined the Air Force at 17 with my moms blessing. Are you suggesting that I'm a criminal even though the state I lived in at the time didn't consider me to be one ? Sorry my friend but your opinion dosn't fly. PS it was one of those New England states that you claim would never allow it... Looking back it was a stupid thing to do.. but it's wasn't illegal.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Native Floridian:

He left college in the late 1960's - married quickly, so he may have gotten the deferment for that. He got older, and he was white and from the country. As things heated up over there, and the draft stretched wider, he may have gotten another deferment for having children. Kind of like Dick Cheney. Then he aged out?

He could have had a physical reason to not serve - he was a high school and college football player, so that wouldn't come as a shock.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't Jerry Lee lewis bang some underage relative So what! I still enjoy him. What's that have to do with Phil saying anything? Love is fickel.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native Floridian:

He left college in the late 1960's - married quickly, so he may have gotten the deferment for that. He got older, and he was white and from the country. As things heated up over there, and the draft stretched wider, he may have gotten another deferment for having children. Kind of like Dick Cheney. Then he aged out?

He could have had a physical reason to not serve - he was a high school and college football player, so that wouldn't come as a shock.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

And went to
Oxford? When did we start talking about Clinton? What is the point you want to make?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread