Robertson Family Press Release Implies Duck Dynasty May Leave A&E

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Not cherry-picking if you do your best to adhere to it all. The real cherry-picking comes in when many ignore the parts that do not suite them or may not be politically correct. The thing that blows my mind is the fact that we have lost site of fact that there is a little button on the remote that allows us to leave a channel that may conflict with our beliefs and values. Anytime we accept censorship as acceptable on such issues we all loose. When you ask any man of his age and upbringing about such topics expect to hear the truth. Whether you agree or disagree, condemning any man for his religious beliefs is plain and simply wrong. He is a Christian and is standing by his beliefs. I actually admire the fact that he is NOT cherry picking and worried about who he may offend. The man is doing his best to follow the word as it is written.
Exactly ! Well said. When I was growing up the absolute most important thing I was taught was that no matter what, always speak the truth. It's called "integrity". Some of these hypocrites need to get some.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
TNGUNS:

"...condemning any man for his religious beliefs is plain and simply wrong."

I find some people here on TN are down with that as long as the religion is Christian. At least one other religion - not so much.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you use your religion to authorize or legitimize the killing of those that are of other religions then, yes, I find tolerance of them a little difficult. Otherwise I could care less what you believe unless it's o-bama. :)

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
TNGUNS:

I find some people here on TN are down with that as long as the religion is Christian. At least one other religion - not so much.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
lol

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 116
  • knowitall2.jpg
    knowitall2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 100

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Bookaroo,
Yep.... I have no problem at all condemning a religion who has declared war on Christians simply because they are Christian. As a matter of fact I have no problem at all in defending my life, my family, my country, or my religion from those who would cause them harm. I will gladly take arms against them and do my best to end their existence. Not sure if you were referring to the Muslim religion, but the best answer I have based on my interpretation of your comment. And Good luck to you my friend.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, the Protestants and Catholics were fighting in Northern Ireland. I find nothing wrong with their religions but their perverted use of it could use some improvement.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNGUNS:

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

When the stated purpose of that other religion is to either convert or destroy all non believers and to instill their laws in our country then your correct.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Like I just posted on another thread.. I read this on another forum I frequent and it's very fitting. "We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few. I suggest we give millions of responsible American gun owners that same courtesy."

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
celluloid heroes are the basis of some peoples world view...

i never watched this program..will probably never watch this program.
i care less for this set of hollowood productions as jane fonda on a weapons mount in vietnam....meaningless tripe...used to distract from actual topics requiring education and critical thinking.

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ian Bayne, GOP Congressional Candidate: 'Duck Dynasty Star Is Rosa Parks Of Our Generation'

On Friday, GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne went all in, comparing Robertson to civil rights icon Rosa Parks.

"In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians," Bayne said in an email to supporters.

"What Parks did was courageous," he added. "What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too."

Robertson's anti-gay remarks in an interview with GQ comparing homosexuality to bestiality have received quite a bit of attention. But he also commented on the state of African-Americans during the Jim Crow era, claiming that they were all carefree and totally happy with their (unequal) status:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course the liberals in GQ didn't print what Phil said prior to the comments that sent the gays and liberals running down the street screaming...

syguhaze.jpg

" You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let’s get on with it, and everything will turn around."

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
how sad...
my celluloid hero is better than our celluloid hero.
my celluloid heroes religion is better than your celluloid heroes religion.
my celluloid hero makes more money than your celluloid hero.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if Jesus said "He who is without sin cast the first stone" And his MoM was in the crowd? Just saying.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently this guy said that homosexuality was like bestiality. How does he know?? Is this a case of "it takes one to know one"??
Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
gunsil:

He did speculate about how certain views would "morph" into other views.

Would his views on gay folks morph into the religious teachings of the Rev. Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Phil Robertson never compared beastiality to homosexuality.He was asked what he thought to be sinful and beastiality was one of the sins which it is in the Bible.See how things get twisted? Remind me if any of you that are still defending A&E and ignoring Phil Robertson's 100% belief in God's word come over I should hide the dog.

Leviticus 18:23

And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
CoilyGirl:

From the interview: "'Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,' he says."

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread