The war on ammo continues

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Grr something's really make me mad, apparently you won't be able to buy new lead ammo before long on the guise of a clean environment..seems rather fishy to me.
Lead is 98 cents per pound, copper is $3.40 per pound.
And I thought 180 bucks a box for my gun is high now, what will it be next year 300 ?
And yes there is a story with my rant on the war on ammo.

End of the line for the lead bullet? Regulations, bans force switch to 'green' ammo | Fox News

Mike

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shutting down the lead factory that has been in business for over 100 years is a shame.

There are too many US manufacturers going over seas..... there goes another one.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to see the ballistics on the cartridges with these bullets. Something has to give.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hrm that got me thinking since copper is much lighter, made me remember something from long ago, seen a guy that loaded .22 bullets into 30-06 casings, now I never witnessed it personally but he said the bullet would just splatter on flesh, hot rounds he called them.

Mike

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC,

You used to be able to find factory ammo,( Rem., I believe), that was loaded with a .22 and sabot in 30-06....Vel. at a reported 4000fps. Was also loaded in 30-30, and .308. It was loaded for those hunter's who had one deer rifle, didn't reload, and wanted to varmint hunt....concept was good, but accuracy left something to be desired......Gary

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats right lets get rid of the lead its so toxic... but wait mercury is more toxic and its used in almost all light bulbs that get broken and thrown in the garbage and flushed down the sewer. Sound like the federal govmint to me. They are all idjits.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Dunno why the fed is worried about lead, if you understand math like I do and have a decent understanding of science, mostly physics, then you know we are all already good as dead.
That nuclear disaster in Japan makes Chernobyl look like a lady finger going off in the palm of your hand, to a full stick going off...3 fully melted down cores spewing millions of tons of isotopes into the atmosphere and into the ocean...well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but IT WILL kill us all, unless you just happen to have a mountain you can live under forever.

Mike

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats right lets get rid of the lead its so toxic... but wait mercury is more toxic and its used in almost all light bulbs that get broken and thrown in the garbage and flushed down the sewer. Sound like the federal govmint to me. They are all idjits

Dont forget the nice flu shots,did you get yours yet.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hrm flu shots..other post about making bird flu more deadly..then considering that flu vaccines are grown in chicken eggs..I smell a Kentucky fried chicken egg conspiracy...Good I needed something new to investigate..
Thanks for the inspiration RJC.

BTW RJC I got some interesting video I shot of the meanest looking armored giant SUV on a flatbed semi going down the freeway with the tarp that was covering it dragging behind it.
Had the word Myoped on it whatever that means.

Mike

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
BTW RJC I got some interesting video I shot of the meanest looking armored giant SUV on a flatbed semi going down the freeway with the tarp that was covering it dragging behind it.
Had the word Myoped on it whatever that means.

Post it if you can,lets have a look see.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I will have to load it to my PC its on my wife's phone lots a glare which she is f-ing this and that about so foul language is present, also the word is myopeo I tried to Google it but am coming up with nudda, in hindsight I should have drove along the left side since she could not get the full size in the bid, but I swear its bigger than the semi carrying it.

Mike

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would like to see the ballistics on the cartridges with these bullets. Something has to give.

180 grains is 180 grains. A rifle doesn't care if it is copper or lead. ALL ballistics are based on the G1 ballistic coefficients. So if a lead round has a BC of .500 and a copper round has a BC. of .500 they are the same as far as ballistics are concerned.

NOW when we get into to terminal performance, copper far outshines lead.

I shot an elk to years ago hear on a quartering away shot and basically blew his heart out through his chest. Needless to say he dropped where he stood.

Things like this make me laugh. They want to ban lead rounds to make ammo less available and in the process actually force people to use a more deadly round. Gotta love the wisdom of our congress critters.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Might be one of the MRAPs.

images.jpeg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright,either that send a messege to TH (Treasure Hunter) and ask him.I dont think anybody has virgin ears in here lol.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh you guys and your conspiracy theories!

Do I believe them ????

Errrrr, well sometimes yes :(

They're all out to get us, especially OB and O....

Let the Liberals liberation liberally begin....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread