The war on ammo continues

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well ok then, that damn thing is huge, and personally I hope I never have to come up against one, no matter how big any redneck pickup is, that thing will squash anything it comes up against...cringe lol
them damn things weigh 18 ton !...bleh park it in Detroit..the scrappers will steal it haha losers.

Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calif. has already passed the law forbidding lead. At first they outlawed it in an area populated by the endangered California Condor. Now they are spreading it statewide. We had a head of Calif. Fish & Game (Name changed to Calif. Fish & Wildlife for the pc police) that went on a LEGAL mountain lion hunt in Utah. Because you can't hunt mountain lion in Calif. they decided to get rid of him based on "principle". They should fire every state employee in this state that plays craps in Nevada because craps is illegal here. I wonder if I'll get ticketed if they find lead in a home invader?? :) We have a stockpile of lead ammo and have no intention of NOT using it.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I have 2 friends that are small time ammo manufacturers and frequent a couple of different forums that discuss the current situation pretty regularly as well. While I enjoy a good conspiracy as much as the next guy and there may be some new laws regarding lead coming in the future it's my belief that the current shortage is simple supply & demand. The scare tactics the government caused a year ago with their attempts to disarm the public created hundreds of thousands of new "preppers" as well as scaring the long time shooters. Good example is what I watched a friend do recently. She's got a little .380 pistol she carries and we were in a local pawn shop with her & her husband. She asked if they had any .380 ammo and they had 8 boxes. She bought 2 which would last her 5 years as little as she shoots. She went to the register to pay and before she got her wallet out she changed her mind and bought it all "just in case".. Multiply this behavior by tens of thousands of people doing the same thing every day all across the country and you'll have your explanation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread