• stoneaxe.jpg
    stoneaxe.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 13,846

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
Very interesting to find one offshore. Not unusual down there I'm sure, but unusual to us landlubbers. It is definitely a celt which is simply an ungrooved axe. Sort of a quickie axe. They come in many sizes from 1" to 8" or so. Generally thought to appear around 2- 4,000 BC.. Yours resembles the ones here (KY) from the moundbuilder era.

VERY IMPORTANT Don't post anymore pics here (of Indian stuff)or let anyone else know about it, or the other artifacts I hope you find. It could potentially cause the archies to descend on you like locusts and shut down your wreck recovery. Not real sure about this, but my understanding is that Fla's laws on Indian artifact recovery are draconian.

You are probably already aware of all this, but I just wanted to make sure you CYA! ;D

Here's a link to a TNet post
http://www.treasurenet.com/f/index.php?topic=14006.msg96148

I sure wish I could get there to lend a hand. Best of everything to ya.

Kevin

D

datazen

Seahunter,

I am an avid diver and very interested in working on your project. I heard about this from a fellow diver/friend who has also contacted you. I am in Jacksonville, FL, own all my own equipment and an extra boat if necessary and have many hours of diving experience. I own my own business based at home and am available most of the time.

Are you setup with a hooka rig or do I need to provide my own? I also have many tanks and communication units.

Regards,

--Michael

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI RIO
WERE YOU UP HERE TODAY. IF I HAD KNOWN YOU COULD HAVE JOINED US. WEATHER PERMITTING WE WILL BE OUT TOMORROW. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN THE AREA.
HERE IS A PICTURE OF SCOTTY GRAY WITH THE TRUSTY JW FISHER PULSE 8X THAT HE USED TO FIND TWO MORE COINS TODAY

Attachments

• TREASURE HUNTING 035.jpg
    TREASURE HUNTING 035.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 13,434

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi seahunter,
no i wasn't down today, just saw you on the cam. was watching cause my guests from Texas was on the enterprise, no offense,their the people i mentioned when you were doing maintenance, they had an invite though another party we know. but if you review todays cams some good pics, looks like in a couple your blowing.
things are coming together on my end and with luck i may be on site this week, so i might drop out of the loop till I'm back for supplies. with luck ill write a book on this one, if not i hope the fishing's good.
god bless and keep up the good work.

p.s. still will try to come down when scubaeekers in town for lunch

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO DATAZEN
WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU. SEND ME A PM OR EMAIL AND WE WILL GET TOGETHER. WILL WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU.
SEAHUNTER

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks like Murphy's Law is still alive and well in Texas :( I'm not ready to postpone my Florida trip just yet, but the reason I cancelled my Cozumel / Belize trip was because my Father had to have open heart surgery. Things were going smoothly until last night, now he has to have another chest tube put in and his kidneys aren't functioning so they are putting him on Dialysis.

Needless to say he is my primary concern right now, and his condition will dictate whether I come down over Labor Day week or wait a little longer. I bet I can't get Joseph to hold off on his next find until I get there :D Best of luck to both of you, and I'll see you both sometime soon. I'm still hoping to head out the Friday before Labor Day weekend, but you never know. Keep finding the good stuff!

Jason

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
ScubaSeeker said:
Looks like Murphy's Law is still alive and well in Texas :( I'm not ready to postpone my Florida trip just yet, but the reason I cancelled my Cozumel / Belize trip was because my Father had to have open heart surgery. Things were going smoothly until last night, now he has to have another chest tube put in and his kidneys aren't functioning so they are putting him on Dialysis.

Needless to say he is my primary concern right now, and his condition will dictate whether I come down over Labor Day week or wait a little longer. I bet I can't get Joseph to hold off on his next find until I get there :D Best of luck to both of you, and I'll see you both sometime soon. I'm still hoping to head out the Friday before Labor Day weekend, but you never know. Keep finding the good stuff!

Jason
scubaseeker,
Neptune usually shares his bounty with men that have hearts of gold, friends and family are the good stuff, the rest is a bonus, take your time...................

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SCUBASEEKER
I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION. WE WILL BE HERE FOREVER, SO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL WORK OUT FOR THE BEST. I AM SURE WHEN YOU GET HERE IT WILL BE THE RIGHT TIME.
SEAHUNTER

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
seahunter,
did you drop that gold bar off upnorth, what a guy to give so generous, :) :) :)
boy if that was true enough that we had one to spare.
shore is pretty.....................
our day will come or as we should live............ today is the day

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RIO
TOMORROW WILL BE THE DAY. I PLAN ON DIVING TOMORROW WITH SCOTTY GRAY. HE IS ALWAYS GOOD LUCK. WISH I WAS OUT RIGHT NOW.CHECK OUT HOW FLAT IT IS. HOPEFULLY WE WIL BRING UP THE GOLD !!!!!
SEAHUNTER

Attachments

• zoo001t (1).jpg
    zoo001t (1).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 13,202

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good luck tomorrow Seahunter, wish I was there, but I'll have to settle for watching you guys on the web cam. I think Scotty uses horseshoes for weights in his scuba gear ;)

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread