WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
SEAHUNTER:
Not really that far south. But I am certified. Wallet got ripped of in the keys years ago with the cert.
Did a lot of diving in the keys and some cave diving, before I got older and wiser.
Them caves can be a bit troublesome.
Now I mostly detect the beaches. But it sure would be nice to breath underwater again.
I have lived in Florida since 1970 and love all this shipwreck stuff.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
SEAHUNTER:
I have been quite busy training my Loggerheads to bring back the Spanish gold, but now I have some free time because they just swam off. I think I saw one of them flip me the fin.
On the serious side I am unfortunately a working stiff and am off only on weekends. But sometimes I switch a day or two. ;D
But this three-day weekend my hunting buddy and me will be hunting in the Wabasso area.
It’s always great to hunt with and meet new mding people. So lets go find some good stuff.
If you see my turtles, send them my regards.

Dale

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DALE
I AM A WORKING STIFF ALSO. WEEKENDS ARE ALWAYS BEST FOR ME. DON'T KNOW HOW THE WEATHER WILL BE THIS WEEKEND, BUT MAYBE WE COULD MEET FOR COFFEE OR LUNCH AND TELL TALL TALES. PM ME WITH A NUMBER WHERE I CAN REACH YOU. LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR BUDDY TOO.
SEAHUNTER

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hey sea hunter,
if the weather is bad, would be willing to make coffee, and wup up some lunch for a couple of fellow THers, but bewarned my cookin can lead to days unforgotten, or is my THing leads to day i want to forget..............

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL THE "SEAHUNTER" WEATHERED THE STORM, IF YOU CAN CALL IT THAT, JUST FINE AND I MUST SAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE DECKS SO CLEAR. NOTHING LIKE THE THREAT OF A GOOD STORM TO MAKE YOU GO CLEAN EVERYTHING UP AND BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES. NOW IF THE SEAS WILL CALM BACK DOWN WE CAN GO SEE WHAT'S OUT THERE.

Attachments

• BOAT AFTER STORM 006.jpg
    BOAT AFTER STORM 006.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 12,428

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Ya what a storm. Its gusting to 16 as I speak. :o

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Glad to see the SeaHunter looking so good. Gusts to 16...LOL...we had 60mph two nights ago in a thunderstorm but we didn't make the national news for it ;)

I can relax now, since I've been living vicariously through SeaHunter :D

Jason

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Darren in NC said:
Seahunter, if you want to get a closeup of the coins, look for the flower icon on your digital camera (most have this). It allows for better closeups :)

Best to you,
Darren
Yes, the flower icon is the macro lens for better closeups.

I just found the Sealife cameras online. they don't have a dedicated Macro Setting. There are three focus modes (I assume you have the digital DC500):
1. Wide: .06m (2.3”) to infinity
2. Normal : .50m (20”) to infinity
3. Tele: .35m (14”) to infinity

It has autofocus, land and underwater.

The fewer the controls, the less time you have to spend worrying about them! ;D ;D ;D

best,

Mike

Bulgarian

Sep 1, 2005
THE JUP INLET DISTRICT WEBCAM HAS NOT BEEN WORKING FOR A WEEK NOW...VERY FRUSTRATING !!! I FEEL LIKE POWER JUST WENT OFF DURING MY FAVORITE TV SHOW >:(

Bulgarian

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulgarian said:
THE JUP INLET DISTRICT WEBCAM HAS NOT BEEN WORKING FOR A WEEK NOW...VERY FRUSTRATING !!! I FEEL LIKE POWER JUST WENT OFF DURING MY FAVORITE TV SHOW >:(

Bulgarian

I just went on it, and it is working fins. Only problem is, the lens is wetand the eather is bad.

Best,

Mike

Bulgarian

Sep 1, 2005
IT SAYS THAT VIDEO CAMERA IS BACK ON ON THE SITE, BUT THE IMAGES IT SHOWS ARE FROM AUG 24 2006....

Bulgarian

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are on a different camera!

Try this one:
http://www.evsmartin.com/live.htm

Like I said, there's water and condensation on the lens, and you can't see crap, but it is current date and time!

Mike

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I tried that link just now and it still says 8-24-2006, it's been that way for days...and I even tried a forced reload from IE. Hmmmm.

Jason

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that. I could have sworn it said 8-31 this morning. I must have misread it, sorry.

Mike

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So about this Diving for treasure thing.... :D

How's the water looking SeaHunter. I'm hoping for flat and clear, best of luck on your next outing.

Jason

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seahunter,
i have a dental camera system that does the closest of close ups.i dont think anyone could afford one of these since they sell for $18,000 see the scratches in this 8 reale i found.

Attachments

• 8reale10.jpg
    8reale10.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 5,046

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread