They do not have any more gold

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not forget, there's more gold at sea than in many national gold reserves. This could explain a lot.

Fed-They Do Not Have Any More Gold-Paul Craig Roberts Economic Downturn in 2014 | Greg Hunter?s USAWatchdog

Exactly what does it explain ??

The United States has far and away the largest gold reserves in the world.

Basically, only conspiricy nuts and people wishing to drive-up the price of gold actually believe otherwise.

The source you linked has zero proof of its claims...zero.

But what if it was true and the United States had no more gold left??

It would be basically meaningless.

The United States has been off the gold standard for almost 45 years. The strength of the dollar and of US Treasuries is not based on gold. It is based on the fact that the United States has the largest and deepest and most resilient economy on the planet...and this by a wide margin. Consider that the United States has over twice the GDP of China but less than 1/4th of China's population !!

If your concern is that the influx of "secret" reserves of US gold have been seeping into the market and depressing the price of gold...well, OK, you are entilted to that opinion.

I have a more logical explanation: the price of gold has been artificially high for a number of years due to market speculation.

Step back and take a look at the firms who relentlessly advertise gold as a "great investment".

Why do they do this?? Because they make money when gold is bought and sold, regardless of whether the gold investors actually make money or not.

Gold can be a good investment, for sure. Especially if you buy low and sell high...LOL...But the gold market is volitile and highly speculative...in short, at most it should be a very small part of a balanced portfolio. I actually think most financial planners would advise staying away from it completely.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what does it explain ??

The United States has far and away the largest gold reserves in the world.

Basically, only conspiricy nuts and people wishing to drive-up the price of gold actually believe otherwise.

The source you linked has zero proof of its claims...zero.

But what if it was true and the United States had no more gold left??

It would be basically meaningless.

The United States has been off the gold standard for almost 45 years. The strength of the dollar and of US Treasuries is not based on gold. It is based on the fact that the United States has the largest and deepest and most resilient economy on the planet...and this by a wide margin. Consider that the United States has over twice the GDP of China but less than 1/4th of China's population !!

If your concern is that the influx of "secret" reserves of US gold have been seeping into the market and depressing the price of gold...well, OK, you are entilted to that opinion.

I have a more logical explanation: the price of gold has been artificially high for a number of years due to market speculation.

Step back and take a look at the firms who relentlessly advertise gold as a "great investment".

Why do they do this?? Because they make money when gold is bought and sold, regardless of whether the gold investors actually make money or not.

Gold can be a good investment, for sure. Especially if you buy low and sell high...LOL...But the gold market is volitile and highly speculative...in short, at most it should be a very small part of a balanced portfolio. I actually think most financial planners would advise staying away from it completely.
Jolly,
my message is focused on gold is at the bottom of the seas and that are many thousands of tonnes (Spain for example, has about 2,000 metric tons and another 20,000 silver). In recent years have closed almost all channels to recover this gold. This is the crux of my message more than the possible gold "disappeared". As I say in my book "Galleons ans sunken treasure", all have agreed and imbalanced in this crazy world, is don't touch wrecks (and especially with treasure). After 200, 300 or 400 years in many of them, in the future, precisely what will be there are the treasures.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jolly,
my message is focused on gold is at the bottom of the seas and that are many thousands of tonnes (Spain for example, has about 2,000 metric tons and another 20,000 silver). In recent years have closed almost all channels to recover this gold. This is the crux of my message more than the possible gold "disappeared". As I say in my book "Galleons ans sunken treasure", all have agreed and imbalanced in this crazy world, is don't touch wrecks (and especially with treasure). After 200, 300 or 400 years in many of them, in the future, precisely what will be there are the treasures.

Fair enough, Vox. I wasn't attacking you, but articles like the one you linked are always long on opinion and speculation and short on facts and evidence.

Essentially the contention of the article is that the entire Western World is secretly selling off its gold reserves and engaging in massive conspiricy to cover up this fact. This idea is far-fetched for a number of reasons. If it were so, it would be reflected in the market.

Gold was trading at around $375.00 an oz. in early 2003. It was trading at nearly $1900.00 oz by the middle of 2010. The price has come back to earth somewhat, but if massive stocks of gold had been secretly seeping out of the treasuries of the entire Western World, it would be impossible to hide...it would be reflected in grossly distorted volume in the markets...this has NOT happened.

I understand your point, but my belief is that there are much more logical explanations for why so many nations have a adopted a "hands off" attitude towards historic shipwrecks.

Have shipwreck treasures disappeared from the "vaults" of the State of Florida? Probably.
Will some of the Mercedes treasure wind up in private hands? Probably.

But instances such as these are a far cry from the kind of malfeasance suggested in the article.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Incidentally, thanks for providing such great research on historic shipwrecks.

Did you do some archival research for the SCIAA on a ship called Le Prince some years ago ??

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough, Vox. I wasn't attacking you, but articles like the one you linked are always long on opinion and speculation and short on facts and evidence.

Essentially the contention of the article is that the entire Western World is secretly selling off its gold reserves and engaging in massive conspiricy to cover up this fact. This idea is far-fetched for a number of reasons. If it were so, it would be reflected in the market.

Gold was trading at around $375.00 an oz. in early 2003. It was trading at nearly $1900.00 oz by the middle of 2010. The price has come back to earth somewhat, but if massive stocks of gold had been secretly seeping out of the treasuries of the entire Western World, it would be impossible to hide...it would be reflected in grossly distorted volume in the markets...this has NOT happened.

I understand your point, but my belief is that there are much more logical explanations for why so many nations have a adopted a "hands off" attitude towards historic shipwrecks.

Have shipwreck treasures disappeared from the "vaults" of the State of Florida? Probably.
Will some of the Mercedes treasure wind up in private hands? Probably.

But instances such as these are a far cry from the kind of malfeasance suggested in the article.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Incidentally, thanks for providing such great research on historic shipwrecks.

Did you do some archival research for the SCIAA on a ship called Le Prince some years ago ??

Yes, I do!

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I do!

I thought so !!

I may be interested in talking to you about a some of the documents you translated.

I am not sure if you translated the exact ones that interest me or not.

My basic problem right now is that lightning fried one of my computers (even though it was surge protected), and I did not have all my files backed-up properly. I don't know exactly which documents I need translated. I had them listed, but I lost the list.

I have to take a trip to look at a rare publication that may or may not have translations of what I need.

I am not sure what sort of agreement you made with the institution or individual in question, but I might be dropping you a PM to find out what something like this might cost. I understand that time is valuable.

Incidentally, I don't know if you were personally interested enough in the wreck to follow the SCIAA search, but I firmly believe they are/were looking for the wreck in the wrong place.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
We have an unbacked fiat currency. Which means we have no physical assets backing our currency. And in the event of another world war or an economic collapse, that fiat currency can become worthless. Which is were the federal gold reserve comes in. If the economy tanks, and the government cannot buy things in dollars, they have to use universally recognized gold.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought so !!

I may be interested in talking to you about a some of the documents you translated.

I am not sure if you translated the exact ones that interest me or not.

My basic problem right now is that lightning fried one of my computers (even though it was surge protected), and I did not have all my files backed-up properly. I don't know exactly which documents I need translated. I had them listed, but I lost the list.

I have to take a trip to look at a rare publication that may or may not have translations of what I need.

I am not sure what sort of agreement you made with the institution or individual in question, but I might be dropping you a PM to find out what something like this might cost. I understand that time is valuable.

Incidentally, I don't know if you were personally interested enough in the wreck to follow the SCIAA search, but I firmly believe they are/were looking for the wreck in the wrong place.

Jolly,
you get my PM​​?
VV

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's to say it is actually Germanys?

The US may have even borrowed the gold to show them.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wanted the 300 tons we have stored for them. They ended up with 5 tons only, lol. Germans give up on getting back their gold held in US | MINING.com

Pardon me for being skeptical, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's about the percentage of gold (which doesn't stretch) that's where it belongs and to whom. We've kited everything else, and the temptation is too great to be honest about it. Also very little opportunity for an honest independent audit.

In the land of the sociopaths, the psychopath is King.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've followed the comments of a CEO of a coin investment company, who has published a couple investment books. According to him, gold never has lost or gained in value. What we see with the rise of gold prices, is a clear indication of how much our currency is worth.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've followed the comments of a CEO of a coin investment company, who has published a couple investment books. According to him, gold never has lost or gained in value. What we see with the rise of gold prices, is a clear indication of how much our currency is worth.

Gold is just another system of value, with it's advantages and disadvantages.

He is just looking at it from the viewpoint of gold, which is one valid viewpoint.

When you consider all categories, that's called a market.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
we might have big gold reserves --but we also have the worlds largest debt * --our debt out strips the gold on hand by far.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we might have big gold reserves --but we also have the worlds largest debt * --our debt out strips the gold on hand by far.
From what I've heard, our debt has grown larger than the amount, of all the world gold reserves combined.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread