They do not have any more gold

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least physical gold and silver is something and has been used since recorded history as wealth….
Now look at the dollar, excuse me, Fed Reserve Note…..the Fed Reserve being a private bank which lends at interest to the sovereign gov and note being a debt instrument…….
How does that work?
Those who fail to remember history are condemned to repeat it…..

If nothing else, gold and silver will preserve your wealth……look at the value of the dollar over the past century (thanks Fed Reserve) and compare that to the value of an ounce of gold or silver and which has preserved wealth??????

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Historically, investing in gold is better than stuffing money under your mattress...but that's about it.
Even with the explosion in gold prices over the last several years gold lags behind other investments except over the very short term.
This is a complicated subject and gold brokers love to cook the books, but just for example:

If you had invested $500 in gold back in 1983 when the price per oz. was $333/oz., your investment today would be worth about $1965.00.

If you had invested $500 in US Treasury Bonds back in 1983, they would be worth about $2300.00 today.

Over that period US Treasury Bonds ( by far the safest investment in the world with no risk ) have out performed gold by about 17%.

When you start talking about stocks and funds and even CD's, gold just gets destroyed as an investment.

Investing in gold carries substantial risk and, historically speaking, very low return. Buyer beware. Big time.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold, silver will preserve wealth……does anybody watching the unlimited printing of Fed Reserve notes think the dollar based economy will end well?
And the risks of gold are exactly what?
Care to speak also of the risks to treasury bonds and stocks?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The motive in the Fed printing all the money, might be to pay back the Chinese with cheap dollars and later bring back the currency value by taking some out of circulation. In that case, you could expect gold to take a hit and fall back a few $$$$.

Last edited:

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Gold, silver will preserve wealth……does anybody watching the unlimited printing of Fed Reserve notes think the dollar based economy will end well?
And the risks of gold are exactly what?
Care to speak also of the risks to treasury bonds and stocks?

"Basically, gold is a way of going long on fear"---Warren Buffett

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your call…….enjoy the fiat (backed by nothing) dollar based paper assets, or get some gold and silver……

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historically, investing in gold is better than stuffing money under your mattress...but that's about it.
Even with the explosion in gold prices over the last several years gold lags behind other investments except over the very short term.
This is a complicated subject and gold brokers love to cook the books, but just for example:

If you had invested $500 in gold back in 1983 when the price per oz. was $333/oz., your investment today would be worth about $1965.00.

If you had invested $500 in US Treasury Bonds back in 1983, they would be worth about $2300.00 today.

Over that period US Treasury Bonds ( by far the safest investment in the world with no risk ) have out performed gold by about 17%.

When you start talking about stocks and funds and even CD's, gold just gets destroyed as an investment.

Investing in gold carries substantial risk and, historically speaking, very low return. Buyer beware. Big time.

Gold has its problems. It's not too liquid; that is, you can't buy groceries or gas with it.

You actually have to hold it physically since otherwise you have to trust someone else to always keep it for you and surrender your gold on demand. I don't think I need to elaborate on that one.

There is a discount for selling it, and a premium for buying it. Look at it as if it were a tax; or imagine that you had to give up 15% every time you bought or sold something.

You can get robbed. There is just something about it that brings out the nasty in people.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum luck…….so I get it, we trust the bankers to keep our money……..NOT!
Look at the purchase price of the dollar since satan's minions in the Fed Reserve (a private bank) seized control of the money in 1913…….
Look at what an ounce of gold would purchase……..now tell me, with which would you be better off…….
Stocks……..can you say rigged market, sham market………

We have a choice, you decide what is best for you, I for me……..I'll take my chances……if you trust those sons of satan bankers, go for it……….

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum luck…….so I get it, we trust the bankers to keep our money……..NOT!
Look at the purchase price of the dollar since satan's minions in the Fed Reserve (a private bank) seized control of the money in 1913…….
Look at what an ounce of gold would purchase……..now tell me, with which would you be better off…….
Stocks……..can you say rigged market, sham market………

We have a choice, you decide what is best for you, I for me……..I'll take my chances……if you trust those sons of satan bankers, go for it……….

Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The authority of the Federal Reserve System is derived from statutes enacted by the U.S. Congress and the System is subject to congressional oversight.

Maybe you'd rather have Congress directly in charge of the nation's money? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread