Bad News : PEGLEG (Don Webb)

Ramitt

Jul 24, 2007
I am saddened to hear this. He was an interesting poster and a man of passion for treasure hunting. My sympathy to his friends and family, he will be missed.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Don,

Thank you for always being so enthusiastic in your ventures and especially for your frienship. Its was a pleasure having met you and to be a part of your adventure.

I am saddened deeply that you are gone, but I am joyous in knowing you are resting in a better place and you suffer no more!

May God Bless and Keep You Always!

Your Friend,

Robert

pirates life

Sep 27, 2006
Key Largo
I very rarely post on this forum, a lurker mostly, but I felt compelled to post in this thread. After seeing the post about him being admitted to the hospital, I have been reluctant to check TNET the past couple days in fear of seeing this post.

His passion will be missed here. His “out of the box” thinking was always a pleasure to read. His adventurous spirit was an inspiration to me.

I know that he will be in my thoughts for a long time to come. My prayers go out to his family.

And in true Pegleg format:

My BEST wishes go out to you Pegleg. I hope that you are able to SEE all the GOOD and inspiration you have provided to us here.
You were BLESSED with a full and adventurous life. You WILL be sorely MISSED…
Thanks

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I going to MISS doing battle here on TNet with Don. We did not always see EYE to EYE, but we both shared a PASSION for treasure hunting that often resulted in some INTERESTING PM's! I will ALWAYS remember the WARMTH he expressed towards me at the 2007 EXPO.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Pegleg,

You have enriched all of our lives and made us challenge ourselves to do better and to look for the treasures that we dream of. TreasureNet is a better place because of you. You will be missed here on TreasureNet, but in our hearts and minds you will still be with us. You are now watching down on us and guiding each of us to the treasures that you know await us.

Cyndee,

You will be in our thoughts and prayers during this time. Trust that he is in a better place and not in pain.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pegleg,

Tha man with dreams and crazy ideas...Many times you made us laugh with dose crazy ideas, many times you made us think with dose crazy ideas and many times they were great ideas......

Because of one of your ideas (Expo2007) many in this forum got to meet in person and you brought many members together
great frindships were created in that event....

You will always be remembered in this forum.

it would be nice if we all helped a little bit and organize Expo2008 and make it a yearly event in memory of Pegleg

Will miss you. RIP

Chagy.....

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Don,
To my first friend here on Treasurenet, I will miss you dearly. Cyndee, I am so so sorry... please contact me if there is anything I can do for you and your family.

Lynn Jackson
Diverlynn

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Russell, Cyndee and family,

I remember Don when he prospected on dry land.
Many fine discussions and remembered conversations.
My heart aches with the loss of my friend....
I wish him Buena Suerte on his new adventure.

I can only reflect back now knowing he is happy, and he is loved.

No I wouldn't wish him back... But I will sorely miss him.

My deepest condolences to all the Webb family.

Thom E.
Old Dog

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I am going to devise a memorial of sorts to put down on one of my favorite Spanish wrecks in Pensacola Bay since his many posts inspired me to be persisitent. Does anyone happen to know Don's birthyear? PM me if you have it.

Thanks,

Pcola

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
My condolenses and prayers to the family and friends of Don. He was a fiesty character and enjoyed reading his posts.

Tony K.
BF750

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pcolaboy, Don was a very young 70 years old, and I belive that would make 1937 his birth year.

Tom

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I think his birthday was January 27th 1937

Dale

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
im very sorry to hear this. my condolances.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
wreckdiver1715 said:
Pcolaboy, Don was a very young 70 years old, and I belive that would make 1937 his birth year.

Tom

Thanks...I will get to work on this and be in contact with Cyndee somehow when I'm ready to put it down.

Pcola

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I've enjoyed a very little time with Don in chat here on treasurenet... I am sorry hear this news... I know many here loved and will miss him.

Condolances to all who feel the loss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions