ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What a sad day, I think I will spend tomorrow giving thanks for Don. He inspired us, made us laugh, and made us think. I'll always remember Cyndee bringing him by the boat while we were working on it. At the Expo, he was as happy as a guy could be, and I'll remember him like that, in his element with a big grin on his face. You will be missed Don.

Jason

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
My condolences to his family and friends.A real old time treasure hunter.
Really hoped to meet him some time.He probably takes a whole lot of
information with him.He will be missed.RIP Peg Leg.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Sorry to hear this...a loss to the treasure hunting community.... My condolences to family and friends...RIP...

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
Not having been on TNET for a week or so, I was scared to open this thread for fear that it contained just such news.

My the good Lord shine his Blessings on you Don Webb and welcome you into His Kingdom. You are now back at your peak, healthy and free. You have all the answers to every question you have ever asked and many that you had never dreamed of. May you sleep in peace good friend.

My thoughts and prayers to Cyndee, Russell, Don's family and to all those that knew him and now feel the loss of a friend. God Bless and God's speed to you, our friend.

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sincere condolences to Peg Leg's family and friends!

This is really shocking and sad. I never met Don but did talked to him a couple of times via email. I enjoyed reading his postings and found him very insightful and interesting person. He will surely be missed in this forum. I can't believe that he has left.

May his spirit continue to inspire others in the pursuit of adventure and discovery.

Peg Leg is home now!

Moe

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Thinking of Don on Thanksgiving

Attachments

• don.jpg
    don.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,048

matador

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2007
West Palm Beach
I am shocked and very saddened to hear of Pegleg leaving us. My condolences go out to his family, dear ones, and friends at this time.

I recently joined this board, mostly because of his enthusiasm throughout his threads. Though I did not have the chance yet to meet him in person I was lucky enough to talk to him through pm's. His love of treasure hunting and delight was infectuous. His very niceness and graciousness came through in every word he wrote. He now has his wings, and will fly.

Now that he has his wings I truly hope he is out there watching as we all look for treasure, and I agree that he has finally discovered where it all is, and will enjoy watching us look as much as he enjoyed the search himself. He will be missed,

Christine

TidePool

Nov 14, 2007
Upstate NY
Like many of the other newbies here, I have lurked for a few years and just recently officially joined up. Things have calmed down in my life enough that I can take a few minutes out of my busy day to read AND respond to posts. The one thing over the few years I have always enjoyed was Peg's posts- be them tales of his past or his new projects or hell even his lively "disagreements" with others they were always a highlight when I stopped by and read a few posts.
Just a few weeks ago, Peg brought up finding a new website for images which he thought was much better than Google Earth, that being Microsoft's Maps.Live this brought a HUGE smile to my face as I work for the company that originates all of that imagery and I work on lots of the Florida projects. I though that I would PM him after the holidays to talk about it.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today- tomorrow might be too late.

My sympathies go out to Don's family, and I will say a special thanks today for all of Pegs stories.
I am sure Peg is riding on Heaven's Treasure Fleet in the sky smiling down on all of us.

God bless.

E

elle

I just learned of the shocking news.
As Hal Burton wrote in his 1953 book, "Buried treasure is everywhere...all around us, wherever we live. You can hunt the most precious things of the world without even going far..."
The best treasure consists of those people we meet who make such tremendous impacts on our lives. Don's special presence we all experienced will not be forgotten.
My sincere condolences and prayers on this Thanksgiving Day.

Laura

(Peg was the only one who kept believing the artifact I found was of value...that it has clues to a hidden
treasure on the beach. He made sure I kept on it..deciphering the strange numbers it beholds. Peg...even if it's a useless relic, it's priceless in my eyes...because you cared...thank you.)

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
On this day of Thanksgiving, I offer special thanks for the memories of having received and enjoyed Don's opinions and comments on TNet.
We've all lost a good man. My condolences and prayers to his family.
Don MacKay

OP
OP
D

Drachen

Nov 20, 2007
We would like to thank you all for your condolences and prayers, it has meant a lot to us. As per dad's wishes he will be cremated and we will be having a small wake with family, he didn't want anything big, thats just how dad was. Cyndee would like you to know that the best way to honor dad would be to try and make the 2008 expo happen, he wanted that very badly. She would also like me to let you know that she would be more then happy to offer any help that may be needed. I will continue to come to this forum and keep mom updated with all the progress of the 08 expo. And again I would like to thank you all for your kind words.

Attachments

• clean_sea_3.jpg
    clean_sea_3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 973

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also would like to express my deepest sympathy and condolences to the family.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Don, but I sincerely enjoyed reading his posts and that says a lot about him.

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I may have had a few disagreements and some heated arguements with don over the months, but still respected his stand on things. I am up in the jacksonville area, and while I am not sure where he lived exactly, I do remember him saying florida. With this, if there is anything I can do to help you out in any way, please feel free to give me a call and I will do what I can to make the trip.

I am sorry to hear of Don's passing, but if he was in that bad of condition, he's in peace now, and can spend the rest of time looking out after those who he left behind.

My E mail address is [email protected] and my phone number is 904 221 4643..... seriously, if I can help you in any way, please; let me know.

Aaron

GOLDandSilver

Nov 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I've been reading here for YEARS and have never registered, and I am so sorry that this is my very first post. Reading the news about Pegleg...well I had to register. I have enjoyed his antics and posts here for a very long time, all his schemes, his advice, and his obvious love for treasure hunting really amped up the treasurenet enjoyment level for me.

I give my condolences to his family...I never knew or met him but reading of his passing brought tears to my eyes, I for one will dreadfully miss his posts.

My best to his family, Pegleg WAS a treasure and I can just imagine him in fields of green above FINALLY knowing where all the treasure is. (PS Pegleg, send me a message, I'll did it up ;))

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Good Book speaks of streets of Gold and things that eyes have not seen (from this life)and ears have not heard. I think Peg Leg was an amazing Tnet member with lots of knowledge enthusiasm and will be greatly missed. :'( :'( God be with his family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread