Bad News : PEGLEG (Don Webb)

Blacksheep 6

Aug 10, 2005
Southeastern Sector
Cyndee and family-
Please allow me to extend my sincerest condolences and sympathies on Peg's passing. My prayers are with you all in this difficult time.

To All Others Here-
I first read of Peg's passing on Thanksgiving morning...I must admit, I was so stunned by the news, that I did not feel I could properly reply at that time...Peg occupied the majority of my thoughts Thursday...on the 90 mile drive to relatives, while I was there, and on the 90 miles back home...
Almost all here have read Peg's and my clashes...we have banged heads many a time in public on this forum...and have actually had a few very civil and enlightening PM's...he was "coming into his own" with some of his posts on the "where is all the gold and silver" thread...Regardless of any disagreements we have had, Peg was one helluva guy...Although some of his ideas may have been a little off-center, he had the drive and motivation that made him unique...He was, indeed, the brightest "spark" on this forum...I will miss him dearly...

To you Peg...My Sharpest Marine Salute!!!

And a most deserved Missing Man formation from my Buds...

R I P Brother...

Blacksheep6...

Attachments

• For PegLeg.jpg
    For PegLeg.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 787

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been out for the past week and not around the computer so you can imagine my shock when I found this post. I will miss him, he was one of the first ones that welcomed me to TN and I had some pretty dumb questions back then. His posts were something I looked forward to reading, he had some unique adventures.

To his family I hope you read these posts and know that many people valued him and his insight here. They say one person can't make a difference, I have to disagree just by reading all these posts. He did.

ah farewell our friend peg leg

trixster

Nov 4, 2007
Mount Savage Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My deepest sympathies to Dons family and to Don happy hunting my friend because you know he is on the other side treasure / adventure hunting .

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sympathies to Don's family. He's off on a great adventure. God Speed Don.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Thinking of you today, Don

THE BEAUTY OF A DREAM
When the Dreamer looks inside
Holds fortune where it seems
Coins of gold can only try

And the treasure of a dream
Though the Dreamer’s tale is told
It’s sometimes lost or traded
For a packet full of gold

But shiny treasure on the surface
Isn’t always what it seems
But it never shines as bright as what
Is found inside the Dream

For when the gold is measured
And the Dreamer’s tale is told
Don’t ever trade the Dream
For a packet full of gold.

From John Burke's "Pocket Full of Gold"

Diverlynn

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Peg

Through your posts, I learned to keep an open mind about treasure hunting and to learn more about the history behind the treasures.
thanks for reminding me to keep dreaming and to never let your adventerous spirit die!

larry

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
I have just read the news about Don's death after getting back from the UK where I buried my father. My dad went to sea all of his life and perhaps he and Don are swapping stories right now. At least Don now knows the answer to all his questions.

Even though some of his ideas seemed a little crazy, I will miss Don very much. My condolences to Cyndee and the rest of his family.

Mariner

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about Dons passing.My sympathy goes out to his friends and family.I really did admire him for his determination to hunt for treasure being he was disabled.Don,say hi to mel for me.Im sure you both will find great treasures wherever you are now.

Attachments

• peglegwithgoldslager.jpg
    peglegwithgoldslager.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 485
  • peglegwithgoldslager.jpg
    peglegwithgoldslager.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 489

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread