May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rubber matting on my Keene A-52 sluice starting coming off cause the glue that was holding it on gave out. The matting is the small shallow riffle type stuff, stock equip..
My question is should I glue this back in place or some deep v-grove rubber mat that I also have?
In your opinion which would be better and why?
I know the orginal mat caught gold, that's where the majority is always at. No expierence with the deep-v.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not used the deep V but depending on how far the original has come off it may be wise to just replace it now with whatever you decide to go with. Might save you some problems later on. Just my opinion!

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
Stay with the way Keene designed the A-52. Glue it back in. I tried the deep V on my A-52 but I removed it that night after using it. The deep V retains too much junk and changes flows. Good luck in finding that 75% that is still out there.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use GE silicone for windows and doors as it has UV resistant ingredients and NEVER glue or you will live to rue the day you did that dumb move-John :thumbsup:

OP
OP
eureka77

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just happen to have a tube in the garage. Went ahead and put the orginal back in place.
appreciate it.

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
GE silicone works great...

Hoser John said:
Use GE silicone for windows and doors as it has UV resistant ingredients and NEVER glue or you will live to rue the day you did that dumb move-John :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread