cheap riffle mat

palmercanyonsavant

May 5, 2005
claremont So. call area
Detector(s) used
Garretts AT_PRO ,
Hi everyone
hope you are finding as much gold as my brother has lately, I build the experimental sluices and he test them.

I found something that works fairly good in small to almost flour gold.

In on of my test I slanted a 10 wide sluice base (sheet metal no riffles or traps )and a floor mat (yes floor mat) (see picture )
I ran a 750 GPH pump full bore into my spray bar across the top of the sluice at 0 degrees and kept increaseing the angle the last setting was at 15 + degrees approx.

when all the sand left and black stuff also (iron ore ,magnitite,etc.) I was very suprised to find almost all the gold still in place plus 2 lead BB's I flattened.

it seems all the heavy stuff (gold, iron ore, copper,etc) stayed on the bottom but weaved slowly out of the maze of the mat but left all the gold flakes behind each raised rib on the mat. my theory was to slow down the heavy and have them port out the side of the sluice to the waiting cup hanging on the side, but no the dumb gold could not find its way out so just sat there like it was glued down, I even turned the water off and on to dislodge the gold.

I am trying to make a self cleaning concentrator I'm getting closer to the final thing.

P.S. my brother has been pulling out around 1 oz a month of course gold see picture and suprisingly no flour gold has been found yet. :hello2:

Attachments

• STA73879small.JPG
    STA73879small.JPG
    618.1 KB · Views: 624
  • STA73529brother.JPG
    STA73529brother.JPG
    932.4 KB · Views: 618
  • STA73851.JPG
    STA73851.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 571

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW... THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread