Got out a little today....................

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Went up to look the beach over again today.....

I am hitting it this weekend unless the weather turns to absolute crap.... the tides are screwed up again but the days are long enough now that I should be able to get on the beach a little after 2:00PM.

Here are some pics of what it looked like today and the 1/3rd bucket of sand I brought home..... only had one bucket today so I was lop-sided.... damn that was uncomfortable.

Will run it probably tomorrow.

IMG_0175.jpg IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0183.jpg IMG_0182.jpg IMG_0184.jpg IMG_0186.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lopsided...lol!
I'd rather carry two full buckets than one half full.

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Lopsided...lol!
I'd rather carry two full buckets than one half full.
Tru Dat.......:laughing7:

And I'll tell you what.... IF.... you can carry 2 full buckets of beach black sand... Your a better and bigger man than I am...LOL

Last edited:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The dredge is long gone and I'm pretty sure Bandon Dunes golf course has the property now. That p/u should have let some air out of the tires and kept her moving in that spot! Probably the spring or summer as the blonds are showing because of the wind. Better to stay on the wet sand as it is more firm or take a hint where the other tracks are and how they did, like that other rig. If you don't want to walk or drive on the beach right there at the end of the paved road is Whisky Run Cr.. There is another creek to the north at Seven Devils wayside with a big grassy area and lots of parking. I've never tested there but maybe me or someone should. I get too busy and forget half of the things I need to do. That's what the wife says anyway.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tru Dat.......:laughing7:

And I'll tell you what.... IF.... you can carry 2 full buckets of beach black sand... Your a better and bigger man than I am...LOL

The buckets break.........:BangHead: :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
JD, Now I see why you watch watch the tides so close!

Yup.... they come right up to that embankment..... and then some....
And I have a good tide app. on my cell.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The dredge is long gone and I'm pretty sure Bandon Dunes golf course has the property now. That p/u should have let some air out of the tires and kept her moving in that spot! Probably the spring or summer as the blonds are showing because of the wind. Better to stay on the wet sand as it is more firm or take a hint where the other tracks are and how they did, like that other rig. If you don't want to walk or drive on the beach right there at the end of the paved road is Whisky Run Cr.. There is another creek to the north at Seven Devils wayside with a big grassy area and lots of parking. I've never tested there but maybe me or someone should. I get too busy and forget half of the things I need to do. That's what the wife says anyway.

A few years ago I talked to a couple of guys that were using a river rocker box (https://www.google.com/webhp?source...ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gold+river+rocker+box) at Seven Devils. They said they were members of the North Bend Prospectors and had borrowed it from another member. They were scooping the black sand that was showing between the rocks in the creek just below where the trail exits on the beach. I asked about the efficiency of the box and they said that it was catching gold. I have been there several times since but there was never as much black sand showing so never have sluiced. I'm pretty sure that there, as well as all the other beaches, you have to catch it during or just after the stormy season to get good deposits of black sand.....I just never seem to be there at the right time or don't have my mining equipment with me when I am.:BangHead:

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from Whaleshead beach, I figured I have worked in this "slight" amount of rain, why not set up the sluices in the creek? Plenty of flow....Before I got to the beach a wave rolled right through were I would have been. Sneaker or just a large wave, 2+ feet of water where I would have been feeding black sand:BangHead:
So as I quit often do, I just brought some of the beach home with me!:headbang:

Nope!

We need a local around Bullards beach (wildminer..):laughing7: to see if there is a creek with decent flow, this summer of course, so those attending the "Bullards beach bash", know what to bring. I have an A52P, with the rubber green miracle mat type mat. Also An A52 stripped and replaced with V- mat. Cool thing about that is the original expanded and riffles can be re-installed right over the V-mat. Not that I would as it is now a beach sluice. I have a Blue Bowl (D.A.M.) that will be making the trip also.

Will there be a keg? :laughing7:

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the bucket of material I got yesterday was very disappointing........
This is the results of running it.

Still gonna hit the beach this weekend though.

IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0198.jpg IMG_0199.jpg

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need a local around Bullards beach (wildminer..):laughing7: to see if there is a creek with decent flow, this summer of course, so those attending the "Bullards beach bash", know what to bring. I have an A52P, with the rubber green miracle mat type mat. Also An A52 stripped and replaced with V- mat. Cool thing about that is the original expanded and riffles can be re-installed right over the V-mat. Not that I would as it is now a beach sluice. I have a Blue Bowl (D.A.M.) that will be making the trip also.

Will there be a keg? :laughing7:

Sounds like a party.

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
anything is possible......:laughing7:

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's what we did today and here is a very fast shakeout pan of the results... I will do a more proper cleanup tomorrow.

IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0202.JPG

We just put the sluice in a freshet running out of the rocks at the top of the beach and let ma nature do most of the work.
We only hauled 2 cart loads... the rest was from the freshet runoff.
20170210_142912.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we didn't have to work very hard at it....LOL
I'll finish up the cleanup today and see what we got.
Just redirected the freshet and let it do the work.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's what we did today and here is a very fast shakeout pan of the results... I will do a more proper cleanup tomorrow.

View attachment 1413170 View attachment 1413172

We just put the sluice in a freshet running out of the rocks at the top of the beach and let ma nature do most of the work.
We only hauled 2 cart loads... the rest was from the freshet runoff.
View attachment 1413171

Is it camera magnification that makes the black sands appear more coarse than the usual minus 100 mesh beach sand? Nice of ma nature to help feed the sluice.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It may be.... I did take the pic but I can't say for sure...I didn't take any pics on site yesterday...???? I usually do and actually had I been really thinking about it I would have taken video.... Oh well next time....:dontknow:
I didn't take the pic of the sluice though.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread