Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Guys. I didn't make it yesterday, but I'm here for a little while today. As Kanacki said a while ago, I'm busier than ever now that I have retired.

JB
Have a good one! As for being 'busier than ever' ... yup, I can relate. I don't know how the heck I ever had time for a full-time job!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I spend more of my time now days, scratching my head trying to remember how I did stuff that was just normal back when I was working...

#/;0{>~

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.Bueanas dias mi amigo Homar. If the blast holes are large indicating black powder,or it.s equivalent yes, it is probably Spanish, They ran to the end of the vein very often. But remember they had the problem of ventilation . They used fires for ventilation look for sines of fires.LUCK! p's' they didn't go very deep, only to where they had ventilation problems

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose, I have to admit that the first time that I read about this method of drawing fresh air by using fire [emoji91], Well I thought it was insane.

I believe that I saw it in De Re Metallica...
but I remember seeing a drawing of two men carrying a kettle, with fire in it, down into a shaft. And that is just a disassociated memory, and I don’t know when or how it came up.

In the end, I believe that they did do it.
And I can understand how it works.

#/;0{>~

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
H a p p y B i r t h d a y

Senor Don Jose

this is "Actually" a birthday cake with a mountain theme which seemed appropriate for you.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Don b.jpg
I see Oro trying to look for the depository entrance.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Or is your official birthday in October :icon_scratch: :dontknow: ?

Ok, I see TNET has it listed for today, but it should be October, oh well, Happy EARLY Birthday Don Jose just in case I forget next month :coffee2: :coffee2:

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for thprelimanery birthday wishes, will be 96 next month. I will post the BP story tomorrow. The Japanse 20mm frag in my knee is acting up tonight.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
[Three elderly brothers age 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together. One night the 96 year old draws a bath, puts his foot in and pauses. He yells down the stairs,… “Was I getting in or out of the bath?” The 94 year old yells back,… “I don’t know, I’ll come up and see.” He starts up the stairs and pauses, then he yells,… “Was I going up the stairs or coming down?” The 92 year old was sitting at the kitchen table having coffee listening to his brothers. He shakes his head and says,… “I sure hope I never get that forgetful.” He knocks on wood for good luck. He then yells,… * * * * * * * * * * * * * “I’ll come up and help both of you,… as soon as I see who’s at the door.”]

Source: https://www.mr-funny.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread