PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Jose, the next question is how to remove the salt from the gold???

My first guess is with water....

My second guess is..... I don’t know how.

Any advice, amigo?

#/;0{>~

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2NDGUESS, mY BOOK, ON ASSAYING IS IN ALAMOS, MEX, i REALLY DON'T REMEMBER. You.ll have to wait until the VA gets through with me.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, I have been doing a bit of reading on this subject and what I’m getting from it is a headache and confusion..

One article says that salt acts like mercury does, when added to silver, but it is supposed to be added to the ore as a brine.
It called the end product, “Mercerized silver”. ???

Then another article said that adding salt into the gold ore, during the patio process, would have the same results as with mercury.

The process of separation of gold and silver, using salt, got over my head before I got a good start on it.

Needless to say, I’m gonna have to keep reading [emoji433].

#/;0{>~(c)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, see if you can find , in yourl lbrary or on the free book translation on the net, " De Re Matalica", Down load it. It was the description of the mining how to in the 1500's Beautiful and clear drawings

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, see if you can find , in yourl lbrary or on the free book translation on the net, " De Re Matalica", Down load it. It was the description of the mining how to in the 1500's Beautiful and clear drawings

I have it in my laptop!

It is a hard read, but well worth it, especially when you are looking for answers.

I’ll find some reading time and refresh my memory.

Thanks amigo.

#/;0{>~(c)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Any updates on the book about Tayopa and your search mi compadre Real de Tayopa?

To everyone else, lets start sharing some of those experiences! Keep 'em coming! I'll toss another log on the fire and reheat the coffee pot.

xcowboy-coffee-fire.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UCHSLrhV-A.jpg

I have decided to start a sideline business, a bed-n-breakfast, by leasing the line shacks (er I mean "cabins") at the ranch. I am now accepting reservations! Solar heating, natural flow-through ventilation for those warm days, and you can literally lay back and count the stars while laying in the bunks!
My-new-bed-and-breakfast-business.jpg

This one is for mi amigo MIKEL, for our next trip to the north country!
w9jdpml1ai.jpg :thumbsup:

Coffee anyone?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Adventures with squirrels.
Chased one away building a nest last spring. But did not notice it built higher in the same tree after leaves emerged...
So , Squirrels above yard / above dogs = fleas.

Plenty of other things to do so after tomorrows continued flea spray of yard war ,it's on to other projects.
Dad is ill so that will be a priority.
Need to get out to my hunting property and do some work too.

Picked up a spring tooth harrow.
Replaced half worn through bolts in a couple places. Cleaned it up and lubed it.
Replaced missing spring tooth after cleaning , so it has lichen on it like the whole thing did.
Used round stock to replace a couple missing spikes on rear.

IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Arkansas, we would consider that to be an anchor!
Hook that to a tractor [emoji609] and wear the tires out. Trying to pull it through the rocks that sprout up in the fields!!

#/;0{>~(c)

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates on the book about Tayopa and your search mi compadre Real de Tayopa?

To everyone else, lets start sharing some of those experiences! Keep 'em coming! I'll toss another log on the fire and reheat the coffee pot.

View attachment 1736360

I have decided to start a sideline business, a bed-n-breakfast, by leasing the line shacks (er I mean "cabins") at the ranch. I am now accepting reservations! Solar heating, natural flow-through ventilation for those warm days, and you can literally lay back and count the stars while laying in the bunks!
View attachment 1736361

This one is for mi amigo MIKEL, for our next trip to the north country!
View attachment 1736362 :thumbsup:

Coffee anyone?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Oro, I would like to reserve the first one for the night before Christmas!

I might even try the igloo, if it comes with a tuxedo.... I’ve never heard of a polar bear attacking penguin [emoji210] in natural surroundings.
I might be safe if I look like a penguin!!

#/;0{>~(c)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slo but sure Oro, my eyes are just not up to it. I would like to schedule a cabin the same time as Mikel and you, we have much to talk over. Are those spurs I see on you /???///

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Slo but sure Oro, my eyes are just not up to it. I would like to schedule a cabin the same time as Mikel and you, we have much to talk over. Are those spurs I see on you /???///

Are you sure that is me in the photo? If so, then who shot the photo? :laughing7:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro, what type of working is that leaves walls aout 6', floor faily smooth about 8 or 9 wide, and no roof I have the picture somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. One of the mines at Tayopa.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Oro, what type of working is that leaves walls aout 6', floor faily smooth about 8 or 9 wide, and no roof I have the picture somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. One of the mines at Tayopa.

Open cut, trench. If the vein(s) continued deeper, it would be "stepped" down to continue following. Surprising to find that in Mexico at all, fairly common in colonial era mines in S. America.

Keep 'em coming amigos! :occasion14:

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate going back to the Spanish Mining Law book, but that may be the explanation for one of the laws that I couldn’t make sense of...
I couldn’t differentiate between digging a hole and sinking a pit...
It was late in the book, but it was one of the first things that had to be done before getting to stake their claim.

I still don’t know which is which!

Yet.

#/;0{>~(c)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Mikel, they had to prove that their claim had to have sufficient value to receive a concession Still was in effect during the revolution.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions