Does anyone use a...

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone here use a Pocket probe? They are made by detector pro but they also make one that is capable of using headphone's.

They aren't cheap but they get incredible depth for a pinpointer, here's a link..

http://www.dixie-metal-detectors.com/detectorprohome.htm

scroll down about 1/3 of the way to see them.

If you use a pinpointer can you tell me about it and what you think of your pinpointer.

This seems to be a very active page so I figured this would be a good place to ask but if this is not appropriate place then please move or delete.

Thanks for any replies!

Jeff

Harry Malosh

Feb 4, 2005
Ohio, Medina County
Hello Jeff,

I use an Automax Precision V2 PinPointer from KellycoDetectors. I've used it on a dozen holes and love it. It will indicate a dime at one inch and a quarter at two inches. I use a Titan 3000XD metal Detector also from KellycoDetectors and the PinPoint mode on it works quite well. I use the hand held pinpointer to help me locate items when I?m digging. Is it still in the hole or in the pile I?ve created on the drop cloth? I own 25 acres of an original farm in the area here in Ohio. It is loaded with junk and if my pinpointer worked too well I?d have to find a way to turn the sensitivity down. This one has a vibrate mode so I don?t plug my headset in and there is no noise to attract attention of other people. It has an audio mode also but no headset jack. I guess it?s all in how your going to use it. HH Harry

OP
OP
J

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Harry,

I was wondering what kind of depth that model got.
I too have thought that it may be better to not have anymore than a couple of inches of depth because like you my usual hunting spots are loaded with junk!

I may have to consider that one, and the price is much better for that model!

Again thanks much!

Jeff

R

rvbvetter

I have the automax also. Came with detector from kellyco.
Works fine and the rod is long enough for deeper holes.
It's a bit large and cumbersome at times.

Because of its size, shape and black color, when i use it in the city, i'm sometimes concerned the cops will mistake it for a gun.
Other than that, i like it.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself use a vibraprobe, and love it, especially since it is waterproof. The range is only an inch or so, but since I am only pinpointing when I mispinpoint with my DFX, it is all I need (since the target will usually be in the wall of my hole a fraction of an inch or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions