Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

okantex

Aug 31, 2009
hi Duke_j ,
I am following your mails , if you don t mind I would like to see your picture showing aura around transmission line.
I am also experimenting but I could not have repeatable results.
kind regards

smooth

Jun 11, 2011
i have been more than too pages on this subject
and i really liked it
if there n't any problem i have sony digital camera model 8i wich i need to know if there any filter for it please
thanks alot

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smooth said:
and i really liked it
if there n't any problem i have sony digital camera model 8i wich i need to know if there any filter for it please
thanks alot
Go to most any photography shop, and they should have them. Hoya is one of the mfgs of glass filters and Lee makes polyester scientific grade filters. The plastic filters are a lot cheaper & can be cut to fit if you're making your own lens adapter. I'm sure there's a ton of sources on the web, just happened to have a photographic supply close.

smooth

Jun 11, 2011
boogeyman said:
smooth said:
and i really liked it
thanks alot
Go to most any photography shop, and they should have them. Hoya is one of the mfgs of glass filters and Lee makes polyester scientific grade filters. The plastic filters are a lot cheaper & can be cut to fit if you're making your own lens adapter. I'm sure there's a ton of sources on the web, just happened to have a photographic supply close.
thanks alot for your fast reply
so i just forget to mention that may camera is for video recording is that okey
and i have to buy lens that surely must be 720 nm at least right man
thank you

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup.

If your camera isn't threaded for filters, you can use the Lee filters to save money. You can make an adapter to slide over the lens from PVC pipe fittings, a black 35MM film can. etc. If you go to a 1hour or drug store that proceses film and ask for the 35mm film cans they're usually more than happy to give you a bunch free.

smooth

Jun 11, 2011
boogeyman said:
Yup.

If your camera isn't threaded for filters, you can use the Lee filters to save money. You can make an adapter to slide over the lens from PVC pipe fittings, a black 35MM film can. etc. If you go to a 1hour or drug store that proceses film and ask for the 35mm film cans they're usually more than happy to give you a bunch free.
thanks alot man i will work on it and see what happen and then i would told you wish me luck :headbang:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
howdy all,i read a couple of this post the other day,very interesting.i have a older dig. camera i bought years ago used of ebay with xtra accs.so iam looking thru the xtra lenes that came with it,and low and behold,there a real dark one there,so i put it on and go outside take a pic.,but it to brite outside,it dosent look right.so i wait till eve. and go for a ride to where there no street lights.and here is what i got.i can tell you there is no houses or lights over there.what do you think? there sure is something over there on the right giving of some kind of energy.i played with the photo with differant gammas and it still shows up. dog.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
I would suggest getting a map and a compass, and doing a triangulation on it. That way you will know how far away it actually is, and exactly where. Remember to compensate for magnetic North versus true North, when you plot it on the map.

Then, if there is a road that goes close by that spot, go check it out. Bring some binoculars, too, in case you can't easily get close to the spot.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have been there,and climbed up that side of the mountain,nothing there but a dead end trail.no houses or electric lines around.the glow and colors are much better right of the card then showing here,colors arent as sharp or bright went i post it. dog.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry guys,iam wrong on the colors being sharper off the card on the computor,it was because i was messing with it,its the same as here. i will surely be working on this new angle of treasure hunting for sure ee thr. iam very interested in this.i know theres nothing over there but empty desert for miles.its strange to me.we have had some rain latley here. ill take another one tommorow eve. to see if its still there.i can tell you that when i took the photo i could see nothing with the eye. thanks on the ideal of the binos. ee thr,i will take them with me and check before the photo and after. dog.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
dog---

Please remember that I have no first hand experience with this sort of thing, and make no claims about it one way or another.

If you read all the posts in this thread, you will see that different people have made different claims about things like this.

I just don't want to make you think that I know anything particular about it. My first reply was with the thought that lights from a distance can appear to be coming from other than where they are actually located. So my first thought was, instead a chasing a wild goose, you should really pinpoint exactly where it is by a method which is known to be reliable.

The eyes can fool sometimes, you know? I would think that it's better to take the time to triangulate the thing, than to make a dozen or so trips to the wrong spot. Just sayin'....

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear ya ee thr. i have only read a couple post myself. iam not saying one way or the other about this. i looked at the camera accs. i had a lens.went for a short ride and snapped a photo. iam not going to go out of my way,at least not yet lol.i just gave it a shot and figure id put it out there for anyone interested in it,and if anyone wants to try and work the photo over and see what you come up with,your more than welcome.i can only say that i saw no light over there at all with just my eyes or thru the camera when i took the shot,i was surprized to see that glow show up afterwards.the distance to that ridge line is about 6 to 7 miles as the crow flys. i will try and take another shot tommorow eve. and see what shows. take care all. good luck in your searches. dog.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
That's what I would do, too...take a second shot. If it was still there, I would triangulate it to pinpoint it on a map, and mark it, anyway.

Then I would want to know what the heck it is.

That dark "lens" sounds more like a filter. What are it's dimensions, and what is it labeled?

If you do go to check out the "glow" spot, I recommend that you bring the same camera setup, too. And get several shots of it or the area, with and without (what I think is) the filter.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ee thr, the camera is a olympus camedia c-760 4.0 pix. the filter i put on it,is in a clear case that has 760 in a red square then m37 marked in red.i bought this atleast over 5 years ago used off ebay,so i guess the camera pretty old,and i really dont know anything about photogarphy.but the lens looks the same as rjwmam topic#96 page 1 this fourm, 3rd lens in from the right.thanks for the good ideals.ill be honest that i dont know how to trianglate with a compass.but i can say that the trail ends over there on that ridge line and that is the ride line that i have walked up towards the peak,i never made it to the top,but for as far as i could see,there where no houses or electric lines.i gonna look on google earth to see if there is some houses around back of the mountain. i will take another photo at night of the same area and take the binos to see if i can see any light with them. + ill look at the clock to get a time on the shot. i didnt do that last time,but it was late as the sun was allready setting below horizon. take care all. good luck in your seaches. dog.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
dog---

Triangulation is simple.

Get a map which covers both the area where you are, and the area where the spot is.

Mark on the map the point at which you are.

Stand where you are, with a compass. Align the "N" on the compass with the red end of the compass needle. That's North. Hold the compass still (it's easiest if you set it on something about waist high or higher), then sight across the compass face at the glowing spot. Imagine a line from the spot, through the center point of the compass face, and read where that line crosses the compass readout on the side facing the glowing spot. That is your compass direction to the glowing spot, from where you are.

Then, find the compass drawing on the map and observe the direction of the same compass direction on it. Using a ruler, draw a line which is parallel to that compass direction on the map, from the spot you are standing, out beyond where you think the approximate distance to the glowing spot is.

Then move to another place which is a good enough distance away from your original spot, to enable viewing the glowing spot from a different angle. You don't necessarily need to move an extremely large distance. And your new place should be somewhere that you can easily mark accurately on your map---like there are two streets crossing or something like that. Then mark where you are at your new spot to stand, on your map. Take another compass reading like you did the first time, and draw another line on your map. The first line and the second line should now cross each other on your map, right? The point where they cross, is where the glowing spot actually is.

For greater accuracy, move to a third spot and make another line the same way. The three lines will either cross exactly (that rarely happens), or will form a triangle where they meet on your map. If you were reasonably accurate in your compass readings, the glowing spot should be somewhere within that triangle. That's why it's called "triangulating" the location of the glowing spot.

You can also use the reverse of this method to determine where you are on a map, by standing in one spot for all your readings, but take the compass readings from 3 different landmarks around you, and which you can recognize and match you your map for certain.

It's fun to learn, and can really come in handy if you prospect or treasure hunt. It can even save your life.

Best of luck!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you thought of comparing what you're seeing with a map to see if you're getting a glow from city or town lights in the far distance? If there is nothing in a straight line for 10 or 20 miles beyond, I'd scoot over & check it out. Checking against a straight line on a map may save you some wear & tear hiking. As most anyone that lives in the western deserts can tell you the glow on the horizon can be seen for miles & miles.

Also, if you're not sure of which filter you're using, check the side. There is a number that you can match up to find which filters you have on Hoyas web site.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ee thr thanks for the course on the compass,the info is great to have. boogeyman i have been over there twice on that ridge line walking up towards the peak of the mountain,there are no houses or towns over there even looking tru binos.i checked google earth today and saw no houses or towns.i dont know what it is. i went out this evening to take more photos over there,but i waited to long and all photos came out black.i thought the later i waited the better the light would show up. i did look thru the binos over there and saw no lights at all. iam gonna give it a shot in the early morning to see what shows up and then the eveing again.if i get anything ill post it. good luck in your searches. dog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread