Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks zephyr,thats i good ideal too,that long shutter speed surely blurs it.plus when i try to zoom in.it wont focus most times,camera may be going bad.its been knock around alot from feild use.thanks for the info. dog,tth

hayman

Greenie
Dec 1, 2010
dog tth:to get that camera to go darker your going to have go with a higher nm infrared filter.i think you got 760nm ir filter and a 37mm diameter or size lens.on ebay they go for about 12 to 20 dollars.they make them from 720nm to 1000nm and more.china or hong kong made of course. they work fairly good. now if you go with hoya,or,tiffen they are alot more expensive.you could use a cokin filter holder,and put in cut down filter sheets like booeyman said.a off brand cokin filter holder on ebay were about 8 or 9 dollars,but,if you like making things,then making a pvc holder might be for you.like zephyr said,night time work you have to have that tripod.when i use my camera at night the shutter can stay open for least 20 to 30 sec.doing it hand held for that long makes a very blurry picture.dog tth,you got me sitting on the edge of my seat to see what happens next.take your time and don't give up.your going to see it again.good luck

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info.hayman. i tried the iso, mine went from 50 to 400,so i set it on 50 and its much darker,thanks again. and iam going to go with zephyr advice on the tripod and timer,i think i got a remote with it,so i think ill fire it with that.ill admit all i do is turn it on and use the zoom,lol.ill surely keep you guys posted on this.thanks for your help. dog,tth

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if this will be much help to you. If you use a cabled remote try to leave the cable on the ground between the camera & release. I ran across this. Didn't realize I was still transferring vibration through the cable. This was bacl in the film days & took me a lot of rolls do figure it out.

Sounds like you've got a good grip on it, a lot of patience & you'll do well.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I found this image on tonights "Coast to Coast AM" website. I don't know what it means,
but some of us may find it intersting.
Rich

Attachments

• Bizarre-Light-Phenomenon_photo_medium.jpg
    Bizarre-Light-Phenomenon_photo_medium.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 661

GOLDENSKULL

Oct 14, 2010
Hi to all friends,

i read all of this topic...

please tell me, did we can see treasure aura by ine digital camera with IR filter... ?
Did really anyone do this, and find teasure ?

Thanks...

eaglewings35

Aug 31, 2010
Clyde, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, I have been reading this thread with great interest. I was out with my cousin and I was taking pictures of what we believe to be a Spanish symbol. When I picked my camera up to take a picture I saw on the screen a purple Verticle line. I instantly knew what this was, so I snapped a picture of it. I reviewed the picture immediately and the camera didnt capture the aura. I did this a couple of more times, the aura remained but it never showed up on the picture. This was taking place on a rainy overcast day. My cousin went back a week or so later and took his 2 cameras. This time it was clear and sunny. His digital camera showed the aura, just like mine, he tried to take the picture, and just like mine it didnt show up. He used his camcorder and low and behold, it did show up !!! What does a purple line indicate, dirt and more dirt??

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Hey Guys, I have been reading this thread with great interest. I was out with my cousin and I was taking pictures of what we believe to be a Spanish symbol. When I picked my camera up to take a picture I saw on the screen a purple Verticle line. I instantly knew what this was, so I snapped a picture of it. I reviewed the picture immediately and the camera didnt capture the aura. I did this a couple of more times, the aura remained but it never showed up on the picture. This was taking place on a rainy overcast day. My cousin went back a week or so later and took his 2 cameras. This time it was clear and sunny. His digital camera showed the aura, just like mine, he tried to take the picture, and just like mine it didnt show up. He used his camcorder and low and behold, it did show up !!! What does a purple line indicate, dirt and more dirt??

-eaglewings, can you possibly post the camcorder views? sure would like to see that.

Rick59

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2012
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI,Garrett GTI 2500, Fisher Goldstrike and Coinstrike, Minelab X-Terra 70, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are correct sir:hello:This seems extremely unlikely, and if it were possible why are no larger companies promoting this technique to boost sales of there lens filters, anything for a buck philosiphy:icon_thumleft:

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Midas said:
Sorry, if I have offended. I was merely alerting the good folks here to an exciting and practical new method for hunting treasure, I didn't mention a book.
Why talk about yourself in third person?

To make it seem like you're sharing a newspaper article about yourself with all of us?

::)

to be correct, in third person it would read,

"Sorry, if Midas has offended. Midas was merely alerting the good folks here to an exciting and practical new method for hunting treasure, Midas didn't mention a book."

AMANDA-SIMONE

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI guys
im a dowser living in greece, for over 15 years ive been dowsing. im only looking for buried gold coins,from the 2 world war.

ive just bought a canon 350d rebel xt and all the cokin parts which david described in his book.

i need help to understand how to take a picture of the targets i have.

also my targets are in metal boxes from army bullets.the smallest amount is 3.000 pieces.

help please help

can anybody tell me step by step which settings I should put on my camera, CANON 350D REBEL XT with 18-55 lens ?

do I have to put in front of the round u-v filer another filter(square) ?

Maybe a colored square filter ?.

Im confused , david has told me some good things , im having trouble understanding.

Also maybe someone knows if the camera is affected by the magnetic field when looking for large amounts of gold coins? ?

Usually I dowse with an Anderson rod , but, whatever dowsing tool you use it does not break through the magnetic field, (alone)

yojuyo

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, Im really glad after 3 years this thread were still active, I had to regeister anew account coz my old accnt after 3 yrs were not working. I was the SICARII before and I had post pics and even do the experements on this topic. I found out that time of the day and the direction of shots is essential to capture those metalic radiation, I'll try this again in the oil field where lots of burried active pipelines..... ^_^

yojuyo

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was their a book about this already? Wow! after 3 years..

gtxkid

Feb 10, 2013
Pueblo CO and Pensacola FL
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro 6X10 DD and 4X6 DD coils and coil covers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone thought of using a FLIR camera.
Could use a different lens and play around with the setting for what you guys are trying to do..
Kinda like looking for different heat signals.
Just my two cents.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, having converted many digital cameras to pure IR, it is relatively easy to remove the IR block from the sensor. It is best to get a cheap camera at a thrift or other place to do this with. On the internet, it is easy to find instructions on this conversion...
There are several professional shops that will do this on a professional or more expensive camera, but then you convert the camera to IR permanently.

That being said, with the IR filter on the lens, you will get a 'monochrome' image, ie one color with highlights.

An image with multicolored IR is very suspect.

Most people switch the digital camera to B&W, which matches the typical images taken with IR.

BTW...there is an easy way to see if your digital has the filter over the sensor or not (many do it with software now) So go and get a TV remote, hold it in front of the camera, press some buttons and see if you can see the IR light from the remote. If you can, you are in luck, and your camera is not blocked. Then you only need the IR filter for the lense, (and long exposures)

Last edited:

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone thought of using a FLIR camera.
Could use a different lens and play around with the setting for what you guys are trying to do..
Kinda like looking for different heat signals.
Just my two cents.

So are you now finding gold? Tell us, tell us, tell us......

Jim

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So my guess here is that we are not seeing "auras". What we are seeing is the infrared heat signature.
I will have to go and find some of my exposed color film and get me some IR filters and give this a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread