dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being more comfortable, better on batteries and having a back light ddont make it stable! And no sir, i dont want to argue but i also dont want someone else paying 1200 dollars for a machine they dont like using.....And it is deeper no doubt.....if you can turn it up and ddeal with the chatter. But it does not id nearly as good as the atp at any depth. Being deeper and being usably deeper in a real hunting enviironment are two different things! Not worth two ATpro's .......period!
No but learning how to use it will and does. Oh yea nice cover on the other thread.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscratcher.....doo you even have an ATpro? Cause i dont see one listed! Thats the thing.....most of the ATP trashers dont even own one!

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which way is it in the Head to Head forum on the Garrett atp vs Fisher f75 you say the fisher is way deeper and way more comfortable and easier on batteries. It is almost like some just like to argue.

Personally I am not looking for an argument or even getting into a comparison of the 2 units. I am merely providing my opinion based on my personal use and ownership of both machines. I have logged many hours on both and in my experience and opinion the F-75 is more overrated than the ATP. I personally know 2 other well experienced detectorists who are also selling their F-75's as they are not pleased with performance. One of these individuals has been detecting for over 35 years and has had his F-75 for many years. I do not prefer Garrett over Fisher over MineLab, etc... nor am I loyal to any specific brand. In fact if you read my previous post you saw that the sale of the F-75 was financing the purchase of another Fisher unit...the CZ-3D, and that I own a F2 which I am perfectly happy with. I also own a MineLab and in the past have owned Teknetics machines. I just feel the F-75 at twice the price of the ATP, is not twice the detector. Once again this is just my opinion which I base on facts I have experienced. Others may differ and that's fine.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscratcher.....doo you even have an ATpro? Cause i dont see one listed! Thats the thing.....most of the ATP trashers dont even own one!
You are going to have to show me where I thrashed the atp. I can show you where you said comparing the atp to the f75 was like comparing the jeep wrangler to a caddilac escalade. Actually quite funny how touchy you garrett fanboys are first thing out of your mouth is about atp thrashing and it did'nt even happen. Its a pretty small site to say on one thread its better and another it is'nt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually quite funny how touchy you garrett fanboys are first thing out of your mouth is about atp thrashing and it did'nt even happen.
It's no different than the Minelab drones or the "Tesoro Guys" or...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's no different than the Minelab drones or the "Tesoro Guys" or...
Only wayyyyyyyy worse with the garrett fanboys. Hell on this thread you have a guy say the f75 is better on another thread and getting mad because he thinks some said something bad about the same detectctor he was talking bad about. That takes the fanboy cake.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only wayyyyyyyy worse with the garrett fanboys. Hell on this thread you have a guy say the f75 is better on another thread and getting mad because he thinks some said something bad about the same detectctor he was talking bad about. That takes the fanboy cake.

Opinion or fact Kettle?

Pot

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opinion or fact Kettle?

Pot
I'm not talking about you diggerinva on head to head forum says the f75 is deeper better at this and that and then get upset that I said my t2 is deeper. That is a fact you can read yourself. What is really funny is if someone was to post in the garrett forum that they were not impressed with the atp the garrett fanboys would melt down I just find you guys funny. Wait a minute you did melt down over just that. I could probably find it for you if you want?

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not talking about you diggerinva on head to head forum says the f75 is deeper better at this and that and then get upset that I said my t2 is deeper. That is a fact you can read yourself. What is really funny is if someone was to post in the garrett forum that they were not impressed with the atp the garrett fanboys would melt down I just find you guys funny. Wait a minute you did melt down over just that. I could probably find it for you if you want?

Yes, I know! What?

No need for a drone to find it for a fanboy. But thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had all three of those machines. Can't say the T2 or the Deus hit ANY target the ATP wouldn't hit. Save your money!
Thanks again for the honest opinion. You guys are taking some heat for that but I appreciate your telling it as you see it. I take your comments as your personal opinion and if others don't like it ... tough!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for the honest opinion. You guys are taking some heat for that but I appreciate your telling it as you see it. I take your comments as your personal opinion and if others don't like it ... tough!
I took it the same way as an opinion.

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere this machine is darn near identical to the F75 other then a save setting option and a few bells and software tweaks, forget exactly now without going back to it. What was is about the T2 that disappointed you the most, and have you had any experience with the F75 as well?

Maybe you'd like tto buy my F75 ltd???? Cause its not finding much the atp missed.....Big coil-forget it! Small coil, better sttay under 85 on sense and above 6 on diisc....if not itt will false your A!# off! Bad thing is at these settings it is no deeper than the atp...and there is no way tp tell a mashed bottle cap ffrom a zinc penny....no way! The atp will give those BC's away everytime! If you could run the Fiisher at fulll throttle or even close, it would be a monster. Also, when turned up the fisher will grab small bits of rusty iron and id 70-85 on them! That sucks! I beleive my f75 will be finding a new home and i might look at a cz-3d to take its place....

Would you take 200 for it just get that darneded pesky machine out of your hair? ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read somewhere this machine is darn near identical to the F75 other then a save setting option and a few bells and software tweaks, forget exactly now without going back to it. What was is about the T2 that disappointed you the most, and have you had any experience with the F75 as well?
No experience with the F75. As far as what most disappoints…it doesn't work iron "better" than my ATP. That and the depth indicator is VERY generous. Calls 2" coins at 5-6" ALL the time!

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No experience with the F75. As far as what most disappoints…it doesn't work iron "better" than my ATP. That and the depth indicator is VERY generous. Calls 2" coins at 5-6" ALL the time!

Oh ok cool, i have been some pretty intensive research of these two machines, the T2 SE and the F75, then i found out they are practically the same hardware wise on one of these reviews sites. But anyway, it seems that the T2 SE was made to be a relic type machine with higher numbers ranging in the iron zone. The F75 more so a coinshooter with "hotter" settings whatever that means with less iron range numbers.

So im betting the T2's software setting are enabled for it to be a relic hunter/iron for those guys who dont want to miss out on a good iron machine, which is why you are having some trouble with it as opposed to another machine that didn't really have a emphasis on iron retrieval like the ATP. Likely not a fair comparison, since one is set to be a relic machine. Least according to the guys that made it

my understanding is that T2 and the F75 are basically the same machine but have different software. First Texas owns Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter. Dave Johnson has been one of Fishers lead detector designers and engineers. When First Texas bought Fisher they had him design a new machine from the ground up. That machine became the T2. Then they took that design and tweaked it a little more adding notches and the ability to remember settings and changed the target ID scale so there were less numbers in the iron range and more in the coin range and that became the F75. So in effect the F75 is the T2 version 2.0. At the same time they kept working on getting some bugs out of the T2 software which is up to version 6.

You can read an interview with Dave Johnson about the T2 here http://www.tekneticst2.com/PDFs/Davids_interview2.pdf[/COLOR]

If you are a hate iron kinda guy, i say give the T2's successor a try, the F75. Now this is just based on a few days worth of research and stuff i have read all over on the subject so i am by no means an expert of opinion, i simply learn from the other guys who been there done that lol.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take 200 dollars and an ATpro....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread