T2se Disappointing!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more comment and im done with this.....In the head to head post i simply stated the facts of what you get(ffor twice the price) over the ATpro....the sstarter of the thread was trying to choose. I was simply stating the facts! And did you read the last line dirtscrratcher? I DRIVE A JEEP WRANGLER! Andd i wouoldnt trade it for an Escalade! It much better suites me! The Fisher is deeper, its a fact! It's probably the most powerful VLF machine made! But you can not, CAN NOT, harness the power! It will hit a 10 inch dime in a test garden no problem....but hitting a target in a test garden and finding it in a park are two diffferent things! I would love to know where NASA Tom found a place he could run tthis machine at 99 sense and 0 disc in Boost process....it wasnt in Va...i can tell you that! My best description is llike having 1000 horsepower to the back tire of a ten speed! The power is there, but you'll never get it to the ground!

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually a pretty elite group that are no deeper than the atp. If memory serves me you have said the same about the mxt and the etrac and who knows what others. I would guess to say many and by many I would say most do not agree.
Well said! I hunt with a guy that has an AT Pro and he always asks me to come check his faint whisper signals with my T2 SE. It's always clear and crisp on mine. He has no problem admitting that he would much prefer my machine over his heavy AT Pro. But honestly I hope people listen and don't buy the T2 or F75 so we can get the deep ones. If you don't learn the machine you will never reach it's potential.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at this for 9 months and have pulled over 20 pre 1850 coppers. 3 1700s Spanish silvers and lots of great coins and relics from great depths and in heavy iron. I don't deal with any chattiness because I know how to set it up on specific sites. I'm not here to fight with anyone but the finds speak for themselves. The AT Pro is a nice machine....but I have hunted many times with a guy that uses one. His is not as deep as mine. That's just a fact when comparing those two machines. I have pulled a large cent at 12 1/2" with a nice repeatable signal. No # but a great signal. If you love your AT Pro or whatever machine you have that's great, but my T2 SE if much more sensitive than my friends Pro. It took me a LOOOOONG time to get dialed in with my T2. I wanted to smash that thing at first. But when I got it figured out the finds came fast and furious. Lots of 1700s coins. Lots of very deep coins and awesome relics. Bottom line is if you do the work to put yourself on a great site you will be successful. Most quality machines will find most relics and coins on a good site. But not all will get the deep tiny ones and I personally think the T2 shines when it comes to this. Good luck with whatever machine is comfortable in your hands. All the best, Abe

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
but the finds speak for themselves.

COULDN'T agree more! And finds around here...9" is the MAX depth I've (or ANYONE else in the area) dug coins. Be it with the MXT Pro, VX3, Deus, CZ-3D, ETrac, T2se and even the lowly ATP with it's little 5x8 coil. 9"...count em! 9"! (real inches! in Minelab inches it would be closer to 15 I'm sure)
Probably why I'm not overly impressed with depth claims. I have NO doubt that these machines can detect detect deeper coins. But what good is it to me if they just aren't there? It's not!

I have one site in particular that keeps producing after years of heavy detecting. To say it's iron infested would be a gross understatement. In the year and a half I've used my ATP it has pulled some great stuff. A largie, silvers, several IH's, Shield nicks, Wheats & buttons by the hand full and even 19th cen Norwegian coinage. (lots of Norwegians around these parts). The T2 has been on this property several times and has found some nice buttons as well but not once turned a target the ATP didn't/couldn't hit in comparing. And vice versa with the ATP having the T2 check. Both machines chase shot down 6,7,8" amongst all that iron too.

Re: The chattiness/instability some users complain about, with sens, freq & disc adjustments this can all be remedied pretty easily. VDI jumpiness on the other hand is kind of a joke. But not as much of a joke as the overly generous depth indicator.

If you don't learn the machine you will never reach it's potential.
Same for all machines. ATP , T2 or a M̶i̶n̶d̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ Minelab!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily for me majority of my sites are literally in the middle of nowhere. I can crank up my sens to above 90 on a regular basis. I hike miles for my sites....and I only have one or two sites that I've found coins at more than 10". At one of them everything is stupidly deep. But the research and the sites are the important part. If you're too lazy to do that then you will never find a quantity of quality finds. That's the bottom line . And if nothing is deep....well you don't need a deep seeker

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at this for 9 months and have pulled over 20 pre 1850 coppers. 3 1700s Spanish silvers and lots of great coins and relics from great depths and in heavy iron. I don't deal with any chattiness because I know how to set it up on specific sites. I'm not here to fight with anyone but the finds speak for themselves. The AT Pro is a nice machine....but I have hunted many times with a guy that uses one. His is not as deep as mine. That's just a fact when comparing those two machines. I have pulled a large cent at 12 1/2" with a nice repeatable signal. No # but a great signal. If you love your AT Pro or whatever machine you have that's great, but my T2 SE if much more sensitive than my friends Pro. It took me a LOOOOONG time to get dialed in with my T2. I wanted to smash that thing at first. But when I got it figured out the finds came fast and furious. Lots of 1700s coins. Lots of very deep coins and awesome relics. Bottom line is if you do the work to put yourself on a great site you will be successful. Most quality machines will find most relics and coins on a good site. But not all will get the deep tiny ones and I personally think the T2 shines when it comes to this. Good luck with whatever machine is comfortable in your hands. All the best, Abe
You mention that it took a while to dial in the t2, it took me a while also. If you look down on this forum fella has a post that his t2 is on the way May 24 and starts this thread July 28 pretty much 2 months after getting it. I do not believe that is enough time to make claims such as he did. I put two months into a detector recently and that was long enough to know it is not for me but the last thing I would do is start a thread about how disappointing it was because first I know two months is not enough time to really learn a detectors full capabilities and limitations. Second what purpose does it serve other than to upset people, wait a minute maybe that was the point all along. Things that make you go humm.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mention that it took a while to dial in the t2, it took me a while also. If you look down on this forum fella has a post that his t2 is on the way May 24 and starts this thread July 28 pretty much 2 months after getting it. I do not believe that is enough time to make claims such as he did. I put two months into a detector recently and that was long enough to know it is not for me but the last thing I would do is start a thread about how disappointing it was because first I know two months is not enough time to really learn a detectors full capabilities and limitations. Second what purpose does it serve other than to upset people, wait a minute maybe that was the point all along. Things that make you go humm.
After 9 months and several great finds I am still learning all the time. Disappointing is the last word I would use but to each there own. I studied and researched the T2 SE for months before I bought it and read an online menu several times. One day it just clicked and the finds came. But yes it takes some time to get dialed in with this machine. And several of the top dogs use the T2 SE and F 75 which has to say something

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Or…It could be that one just wants to share his/her experiences and or opinions? Maybe? Possible? Or you wanna quench all those too that don't fit your ideas?

Just out of curiosity, how many hours do I have on my T2 in that two months time? What? No clue? Figures! I'll give you a lil' hint, I'm on my 3rd set of batteries!

After 9 months and several great finds I am still learning all the time. Disappointing is the last word I would use but to each there own. I studied and researched the T2 SE for months before I bought it and read an online menu several times. One day it just clicked and the finds came. But yes it takes some time to get dialed in with this machine. And several of the top dogs use the T2 SE and F 75 which has to say something

Maybe I would have found it to be more impressive if I hadn't used/owned other good/great machines.

I DO NOT think it's a bad machine nor do I dislike it. Just expected more I guess! Oh well!

You're right fella, seem they keep missing this part like you are bad mouthing the T2se!

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or…It could be that one just wants to share his/her experiences and or opinions? Maybe? Possible? Or you wanna quench all those too that don't fit your ideas?

Just out of curiosity, how many hours do I have on my T2 in that two months time? What? No clue? Figures! I'll give you a lil' hint, I'm on my 3rd set of batteries!

Maybe I would have found it to be more impressive if I hadn't used/owned other good/great machines.

You're right fella, seem they keep missing this part like you are bad mouthing the T2se!
Not trying to quench your opinion just do not agree with you telling people to skip the t2 and save their money on your whole whopping two months experience. I would like to think people are smarter than that and would like their advice from someone who actually has put more than a whoopping whole two months in. Just for an example you for a long time were nearly constantly flogging of the etrac when I was new to this site. Imagine my surprise when I saw in your own words that you never really learned the etrac. How would I know how much you detect I hope you get to detect all you want and find everything you dream about. But once again two whole whopping moths is not enough to tell someone to save their money and skip any detector. How many time have you told guys to just give the atp more time because even you did not like it and gave bad reviews at first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not trying to quench your opinion just do not agree with you telling people to skip the t2 and save their money on your whole whopping two months experience. I would like to think people are smarter than that and would like their advice from someone who actually has put more than a whoopping whole two months in. Just for an example you for a long time were nearly constantly flogging of the etrac when I was new to this site. Imagine my surprise when I saw in your own words that you never really learned the etrac. Oh and to answer your question I detect a lot.

Wow! You are one diluted soul! First bold part…Not me! Go ahead check, I'll wait!
Second bold caption…Yep hated it! No secret! Nothing to do with the performance. Weight & R2D2 being raped by an ice cream truck sound sucked! No…I REPEAT NO amount of time was going to fix THAT mess!
Finally bold red…Woopity DO! Don't remember asking! So what's a dozen eggs going for in China?

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You are one diluted soul! First bold part…Not me! Go ahead check, I'll wait!
Second bold caption…Yep hated it! No secret! Nothing to do with the performance. Weight & R2D2 being raped by an ice cream truck sound sucked! No…I REPEAT NO amount of time was going to fix THAT mess!
Finally bold red…Woopity DO! Don't remember asking! So what's a dozen eggs going for in China?
As I said at the very beginning of this thread thanks for your input and I had no doubt you would get some grief. People get all insulted when their babies are talked about in any sort of less than flattering way. I know at least a few of these T2 guys in this thread have also had to send their machines back for service after brief ownerships. So again your input is appreciated. Oh I own an ATP and am comfortable saying it is an OK machine and I would be totally honest if asked about it.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I edited that really fast you are a quick one aren't you.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said at the very beginning of this thread thanks for your input and I had no doubt you would get some grief. People get all insulted when their babies are talked about in any sort of less than flattering way. I know at least a few of these T2 guys in this thread have also had to send their machines back for service after brief ownerships. So again your input is appreciated. Oh I own an ATP and am comfortable saying it is an OK machine and I would be totally honest if asked about it.
I am not insulted in any way just think advice should come from more than two months. Tell me did you learn your atp in two months?

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not insulted in any way just think advice should come from more than two months. Tell me did you learn your atp in two months?
Yep! It's not an overly complicated machine. Just like the T2! I find the audio on the ATP MUCH more informative . The T2 beeps too though.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! It's not an overly complicated machine. Just like the T2! I find the audio on the ATP MUCH more informative . The T2 beeps too though.
I was not asking you your opinions have always seen tainted to me

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was not asking you your opinions have always seen tainted to me

Naw! It would be different if I thought the T2 was the greatest thing since sliced bread. FACT is you have a cob up your posterior when it come to the ATP.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sliced bread not quite. Cob up my you know what over atp no not at all. Do I think my t2 goes deeper as in finds deeper targets than an atp, yes after comparing many signal with two different ones. I mention two different one because as much as they brake down you could easily claim one was just broke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread