Teknetics AmeriTEK series

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0531.JPG P'man... good one! lol....the LRP and the Liberator are the same great detector. With the AmeriTek brand launch, FT are hoping to carry further the message that you have been sending for a good while now - that this is an excellent detector at a great price. Now hopefully it will get visibility to a wider range of users and get a level of support beyond what it had before.

I believe that Teknetics new site (whenever it goes live!) will be developed to offer online features which deepen support for prospective buyers and AmeriTek owners. It's a whole new approach to marketing - it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Last edited:

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys -

Now I love the new line-up of AmeriTEK detectors but if this was all about their new way of marketing, has there been an official release regarding the run down of each unit prior to their release - Has First Texas communicated with us all in letting us know if any tweaks/upgrades have/have not been carried out to their line-up? This would no doubt clear up any confusion during their pre-release stage -

Again this is not slamming their products as I love Teknetics/Fisher/BH metal detectors but if this is all about marketing then why not market in a way that keeps us all informed? -

Finally, it appears that these 3 units were designed for the local market in mind - Do you think it would have been wiser to make them more suited for the global market?

Not slamming anything at all here, but just my thoughts on the marketing of those fine units tis all

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there ST.

First Texas marketing people are occasionaly active on the forums, but most forums are touchy about what crosses the line from information to marketing.

Several of us on the forums have posted detailed explanations of the relationship between these new products and their "earlier life" as Teknetics, BountyHunter or Fisher models. To sum it up as clearly as I can, here is information I obtained directly from the First Texas marketing dept.

The Minuteman is the same detector as the Teknetics Eurotek Pro. The Liberator is the same detector as the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. The Patriot is the same detector as the Fisher F-70 (but with an 11" DD coil). And by "the same as" I mean exactly the same except for the faceplate and color scheme.

I have been told that these machines were picked out because they were widely regarded I'm on users as offering outstanding value for the price. Now marketed on a direct sales from the factory basis - and with the discount codes they represent even better value.

As far as marketing the Ameritech line outside the US – there are national laws in a lot of places regulating the relationships between manufacturers in their authorized representatives in each country. I suspect that these laws would make it difficult to expand sales to cover other countries.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody asked if there's a way to order from Technetics direct without using the website.

I am told youshould call Teknetics at tel (deleted by mod for rule violation, non supporting vendor)- he will be happy to take the order and honor the discount code.

you get the discount code from your friendly local Teknetics dealer and he gets the credit. Or you can use A1485.

Last edited by a moderator:

tuneraider

Apr 21, 2017
SE Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teknetics Liberator Operating Frequency 7.81kHz/same as B H Platinum (7.8).
B H Land Ranger Pro Operating Frequency 7.69kHz.
Liberator lists (2) search modes also like Platinum? LRP has 7.
Is that enough to justify the price difference?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics Liberator Operating Frequency 7.81kHz/same as B H Platinum (7.8).
B H Land Ranger Pro Operating Frequency 7.69kHz.
Liberator lists (2) search modes also like Platinum? LRP has 7.
Is that enough to justify the price difference?

LRP and Liberator = the same. Liberator has the same modes the LRP does. 3 preset DISC modes (C-J-A)...and the same 3 Custom DISC modes (1-2-3)....7th mode being All Metal.

I think they are saying it has Disc and All-Metal...which equals 2 modes or processes.

As far as the Platinum...it does not have manual ground balance like the Liberator...just a quick grab option. It also uses category notching instead of a 1-20 width notch that can be adjusted anywhere on the 0-99 scale on the Liberator.

I call them all 7.7khz and call it a day....they are all off-shoots of the Frat Bros "Greek Series" detectors from Teknetics. The 1/10th change is of no significance.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I want the Patriot in my stable. How does it compare to the Omega 8500?
Thanks guys..
BTW the tekneticsdirect website now seems to function perfectly.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I want the Patriot in my stable. How does it compare to the Omega 8500?
Thanks guys..
BTW the tekneticsdirect website now seems to function perfectly.

Going off of what I have read, and heard the patriot will be the deeper machine. Possibly a hint faster also. Different frequencies as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread