All Treasure Hunting

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously folks - and especially no disrespest to Ph-man, but the whole Ameritek thing isn't about breaking New ground in detector technology. It's about breaking new ground in detector marketing. First Texas probably doesn't even know how many different detectors they make – what with Fisher, bounty Hunter, Technetics and various house branded machines they turn out for the mass-market.

What they are trying to do with Ameritech is present three detectors from their whole lineup which are already terrific value for the money and make them available to enthusiasts at low prices direct from the factory – and with yet to be revealed twists on how online sales can be supported by enthusiastic folks who will interact with the buyers to ensure that their questions are answered and that they are engaged so as to help them choose the detector which best meets their needs and budget.

This is exactly what good dealers have been doing for years – guiding buyers to make a good choice. Dealers are going to be a part of Ameritech even though it's factory direct. It's a whole new approach and I think folks will be pleased as more details are revealed.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously folks - and especially no disrespest to Ph-man, but the whole Ameritek thing isn't about breaking New ground in detector technology. It's about breaking new ground in detector marketing. First Texas probably doesn't even know how many different detectors they make – what with Fisher, bounty Hunter, Technetics and various house branded machines they turn out for the mass-market.

What they are trying to do with Ameritech is present three detectors from their whole lineup which are already terrific value for the money and make them available to enthusiasts at low prices direct from the factory – and with yet to be revealed twists on how online sales can be supported by enthusiastic folks who will interact with the buyers to ensure that their questions are answered and that they are engaged so as to help them choose the detector which best meets their needs and budget.

This is exactly what good dealers have been doing for years – guiding buyers to make a good choice. Dealers are going to be a part of Ameritech even though it's factory direct. It's a whole new approach and I think folks will be pleased as more details are revealed.

Yep. It's all about marketing. BH has the image of low costing affordable starter units, while Technetics and Fisher are steps above with some internal and physical differences that offer some better options like 3 pole design and screw on connectors. But the Liberator only offers the Teknetics name from what I can see. But you are correct. There seems to be a misconception that if you use a BH, your a beginner or below the mainstream. Pay more for a Technetics and your pride increases. First Texas isn't dumb, and has a great marketing department. Whether it's a Liberator or a Land Ranger Pro, it's increasing the production line.

But what is really going on when someone suggests to a friend to skip the LRP for a Liberator because it's not a cheap BH? This is how FTP is trying to generate sales on (what I already know) is a great detector second to none in it's price range. I can't wait to see the Liberator reviews, and smile all the while.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my gut I feel that 1st Texas plans are to take over market share from other manufacturers with all the recent price reductions of the T2 & F75 and now the Ameritek series. They have been re-branding certain machines with a tweak here and there in options and data displays. This will keep them viable until the next generation of detectors are perfected enough to go to market. All the like detectors through their 3 brands should allow them to use up a majority of their components. To me any price drop is a great move for the consumer.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PS man. i guess you missed the bit about factory direct shipping and - with a discount code $50 off and free shipping. It will all get clearer next week.

meanwhile here's a discount code you can use - A1492 !

Hi Rick,

Any word on when they start selling these? If you try Tekneticsdirect the web site is a go daddy page.
I almost bought a used F70 but would rather try this as it looks identical and get the 5 year warranty with it.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Rick,

Any word on when they start selling these? If you try Tekneticsdirect the web site is a go daddy page.
I almost bought a used F70 but would rather try this as it looks identical and get the 5 year warranty with it.

I was thinking about trying one as a backup but the dead link is kinda worrysome

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rick,

GoDaddy is simply the domain host. URL is not live yet. Website should be up for pre-orders tomorrow March 15th. Had a few technical issues and pushed website launch back 24 hours.

Ameriteks will release and orders fulfilled March 20th.

I was thinking about trying one as a backup but the dead link is kinda worrysome

See above. Nothing to worry about.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, please remember members cannot advertise not supporting vendors, this includes pictures that have web links or website address in the picture, you must edit the name and website address and or link out before posting the picture.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GoDaddy is simply the domain host. URL is not live yet. Website should be up for pre-orders tomorrow March 15th. Had a few technical issues and pushed website launch back 24 hours.

Ameriteks will release and orders fulfilled March 20th.

See above. Nothing to worry about.

HunterGT - Still not seeing anything on them... waited an extra day, nothing, then another and still nothing.
Wonder if I should wait to try again on the 20th?

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teething troubles with the website - not helped by the fact that the entire marketing team is over in Europe marketing detectors and trying to fix it while traveling.

still not up. It will get there - soon I hope.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the discount code I posted should have been A1485

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HunterGT - Still not seeing anything on them... waited an extra day, nothing, then another and still nothing.
Wonder if I should wait to try again on the 20th?

It won't be up this weekend. I would say Monday-Tuesday at this point. Pretty much what Rick said...tech issue with the website.

Not fun for anybody.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Rick & Hunter!
Appreciate the update. Its tough with the snow on the ground, me wanting another machine and money burning a hole in my pocket waiting to go visit someone else. I have almost bought 4 more machines this winter so far, good thing I keep looking and see something better every time.
My son thinks I might need help! :tongue3:
I guess collecting MD's might get me in the Betty Ford clinic!
As I can't use it anyways, bloody snow, I will wait till Monday to check again and then wait another week if necessary.... man this winter is really long!!!!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol.........typical FTP. Same thing happened with the new Fisher Fs and BH Pros. They are perfectionists. If it's 99%, it's not going up. Same as detectors going out into the field. They'd rather live with a delay rather than putting up something to say they met a deadline yet it had flaws. That's good QC, and good business.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally gave up on the Patriot. How many more days will they keep postponing the release?
15th, 18th, 20th... still down. Even again today. Why keep playing with the low and middle units. Going for the big guns!
Got a Deus instead, now I don't need anything else!!!!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally gave up on the Patriot. How many more days will they keep postponing the release?
15th, 18th, 20th... still down. Even again today. Why keep playing with the low and middle units. Going for the big guns!
Got a Deus instead, now I don't need anything else!!!!

They will release it when it is ready. Not a day sooner. They ran into an issue that delayed the launch - simple as that.

Instead of being like other companies who release too early (cough cough XP Deus V4 killing $600 coils)...they are making sure it is perfect.

If your coil fails...you will absolutely be needing something else. Best of luck with it either way. :thumbsup:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correction - It appears the Land Ranger Pro may stick around. There we go Phantasman. Now we know for sure. :)

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see – you bought an over $1000 Deus because you couldn't wait for a $300 Ameritech. That's what you said wasn't it?

Looks like your impatience cost you a lot of money. Of course the Deus is a fine detector - I know I've had two of them – I don't have one anymore - I thought for the money they were pretty damn poor at discriminating out Rusty beer bottle caps – just my opinion of course.

Oh wait a minute – I just went back and checked your first ever post on this forum on 13 January 2017. You already have the Deus then - so I guess when you wrote "got a Deus instead, now I don't need one." (italics mine) - you didn't mean you bought one instead of an AmeriTek - I guess you meant you already had one. Funny though - that's not the way you wrote it - it very much sounded like you bought the Deus instead of waiting – surely that's not what you intended to say? Or was it?

Last edited:

Chilli Chuck

Mar 21, 2017
Chillicothe Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-7a pro and F-44 also Teknetics Patriot and Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had trouble getting on the tekdirect website so I just ordered it through a dealer.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Correction - It appears the Land Ranger Pro may stick around. There we go Phantasman. Now we know for sure. :)

Good news. I see you got rid of your 2nd LRP for a Tek Liberator.

Guess what. I've had the Liberator for over 2 years now.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread