pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, how many Outlaw users are out there?

How would you compare using the Outlaw to other Tesoros? Depth? Disc range? Ease of use? Audio tone?
Asking 'cause I have a 3 coil on the way, but not the standard 3 coil pack... Mine is coming with the concentric 8" & 10" donuts (10" now NLA) and the 11x8 Widescan. I already have a new 5.75" concentric for it.

BTW - Anyone familiar with that 10" donut?

Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 11.04.32 AM.png

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You just got a Silver Coin KILLER! The concentric coils are DEEP, and pinpoint dead center. The 11" x 8" double d is one of the best all around coils I have ever put on my Tesoro machines. At 10.6kHz, you'll get depth and sensitivity to coin- and ring- size targets with the 10" concentric that the 11" x 8" DD can't match in neutral and mild soils.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the 10" for the increased ground coverage mainly, although it gives a bit more depth than the 8". Even though the theory is bigger coils don't see small targets as well, I've picked up dime size coins often with it.
luvsdux

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite Tesoro. I use it a lot. I also prefer it to my Xterra 705 in some areas.
I have almost 3 years of use on it. Depth is good, 6" to 7" on most coins. Coins and rings will sound off really clear. Pull tabs will give you that "pulltab" sound, kind of a hollow ring, not sure how to describe it but after hours and hours of digging pulltabs thats the best way I can. Use it and you will love it.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just picked up my Outlaw from the post office...

..and assembled & airtested with the standard 8" donut... It's awesome! Other than the notorius "retune" button and a lower pitch audio (audio is about like my Eldorado; between Bandido & standard Vaquero), it is very much like my Bandido II microMAX. The disc circuit on these is apparently the ED120, and it loses steel bottlecaps (in disc) even at minimum! Tabs, nickels and zincs drop out right at their respective setting!! (did I say AWESOME?)

I haven't taken out for actual ground testing yet, but it seems like the perfect coin & jewelry shooter. I've no idea why more people aren't all over this model... Seems like a great detector, and a killer deal with the 3 coil pack!

I'll give it a full testing next week, using the standard 8" donut, then maybe try out the 10.5" donut I got with it. 10.5" is noticibly heavier than the 8", but sould be good for another inch + in depth, and a couple " in sweep coverage.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Pinenut, pipe down! What, you want everybody to find out and start cleaning up old Garrett and Whites territories like we do? C'mon dude! :laughing7:

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Pinenut, pipe down! What, you want everybody to find out and start cleaning up old Garrett and Whites territories like we do? C'mon dude! :laughing7:

Meters? We don't need no stinkin' meters!

I can't imagine that Whites and Garrett don't make great models too, but my Tesoros sure are fun and effective! (and I won't tell those W&G guys where I hunt, so no matter what they use..)
^_^

Wish I could get out & dig every day but wifey needs some attention... She's been pretty quiet about me getting new toys and digging three days a week. Don't need to push my luck. No more new Tesoros for at least a week or two. Sure would like a beach unit next, though..

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Most impressive to me is that you can disc out a dime and still get quarters.
That is different in the world of Tesoro.
I assume using this one with a concentric coil having this kind of fine tune ability in the top end range would come in very handy in my pop top infested park sites.
Don't know exactly how this would work or sound but I know that using my Compadre or Vaq and concentrics crown caps are about 95-98% recognizable almost instantly.
I assume with this ability and a little practice this thing might be as close to 100% as you can get.
My Compadre's disc ability is amazing to me, my Vaq is close but just a hair under that and this one seems to take disc, and what you can do with it, to another level.
I like other features like the ability to switch into all metal without thumbing your disc knob too...very efficient and useful I would think.

Last edited:

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep a good machine.

Last edited: