Compadre 5.75" vs Vaquero 5.75" Concentric coil on fine gold.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to resurrect this old post from another website.

"I've been notice the great sensitivity this little machine has and I wonder if the Vaquero (with the same 5.75 coil) would beat the Compadre on depth and sensitivity to gold?" Posted by Topo.

Without comparing the Vaquero now on the 9x8 coil but the 11x8 RSD owning this and it's depth on fine gold what about it on a head to head comparison with the 5.75" Vaq vs the 5.75" Compadre?

Anyone

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The short answer is yes. :skullflag:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Here is the smallest, thinnest gold chain I ever found with the smallest clasp.

user10659_pic72905_1478095278.jpg tiny clasp gold (1).jpg

The Compadre does not pick up the chain even though I have seen another vid of a Compadre that did, the miniscule clasp hits hard, however, at about 3".
The Vaq using a big 12" DD coil could not see it even at an inch but I didn't have a sniper to try on it at the time.
The sniper on the Vaq does make it much more sensitive I know for sure so I would have liked to think that setup would have hit that clasp too, maybe a little deeper but that is just a guess.

On one of my first outings with my Vaq and the 5.75 concentric I got a nice solid hit on this ring even though it was a huge area, I expected nothing because I had no business hunting such a huge area with such a small coil and I whipping that coil around extra fast...faster than usual.
I was shocked when I got such a solid, nice sounding signal at that speed and when I went back and examined further when it came in solid with no noise as I dialed that disc knob down I had to dig this signal and up popped this tiny gold ring, (1.8g) from about 3" or so.

jccc.jpg
P1040468.jpg

[video]https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FhPT55m2TOM[/video]

I don't know how well or how deep the Vaq and a small coil would pick up the tiniest of gold targets like studs or small clasps like the one in the pic but on normal targets like rings or small pendants, and I mean pretty much all of them, I gotta believe the Vaq with so much more power will find more deeper...easily.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding! Thanks both for posting this. Glad to see the Vaq is picking this up deep even in sand.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the smallest, thinnest gold chain I ever found with the smallest clasp.

View attachment 1409530 View attachment 1409531

The Compadre does not pick up the chain even though I have seen another vid of a Compadre that did, the miniscule clasp hits hard, however, at about 3".
The Vaq using a big 12" DD coil could not see it even at an inch but I didn't have a sniper to try on it at the time.
The sniper on the Vaq does make it much more sensitive I know for sure so I would have liked to think that setup would have hit that clasp too, maybe a little deeper but that is just a guess.

On one of my first outings with my Vaq and the 5.75 concentric I got a nice solid hit on this ring even though it was a huge area, I expected nothing because I had no business hunting such a huge area with such a small coil and I whipping that coil around extra fast...faster than usual.
I was shocked when I got such a solid, nice sounding signal at that speed and when I went back and examined further when it came in solid with no noise as I dialed that disc knob down I had to dig this signal and up popped this tiny gold ring, (1.8g) from about 3" or so.

View attachment 1409532
View attachment 1409533

[video]https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FhPT55m2TOM[/video]

I don't know how well or how deep the Vaq and a small coil would pick up the tiniest of gold targets like studs or small clasps like the one in the pic but on normal targets like rings or small pendants, and I mean pretty much all of them, I gotta believe the Vaq with so much more power will find more deeper...easily.

Thanks, and checked out the link with the Goldbug 2 and it picking up small grain gold and from Terry video comparison I can wait to find small grain gold and jewerly with the Vaq 5.75 concentric it would be like on steriods in comparison, wonder though how the 5.75 concentric would shape up with a 5.75 widescan though in comparison as I think that gold bug is a dd, but think the HOT Vaq concentric 5.75 would do just as well I am thinking still.

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions