doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to those who have tryed most of the Tesoro brands what would be the deepest Tesoro to date
at max descrimination, and sensitivity and at all metal, just curious even though I know depth is not everything.:hello:
Oh and with what coil as well. With normal not wet soil conditions as well.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be the Tejon.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tejon...

..unless you don't need any discrimination, in which case, I think the Sand Shark would be it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All Metal - 10.5" Sand Shark (PI) / 11" Lobo Super Traq

Discrimination set above Nickel - 12" Outlaw

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to those who have tryed most of the Tesoro brands what would be the deepest Tesoro to date
at max descrimination, and sensitivity and at all metal, just curious even though I know depth is not everything.:hello:
Oh and with what coil as well. With normal not wet soil conditions as well.

You left out one piece, what's the target?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
where..?

?..Discrimination set above Nickel - 12" Outlaw

Terry, where are you finding the Outlaw running deeper than the Tejon with that same (10x12?) coil? All soil conditions, or just in more mineralized soil?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, where are you finding the Outlaw running deeper than the Tejon with that same (10x12?) coil? All soil conditions, or just in more mineralized soil?

Regular dirt hunting for silver coins the Outlaw is the winner hands down at 10.6kHz

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
All Metal - 10.5" Sand Shark (PI) / 11" Lobo Super Traq

Discrimination set above Nickel - 12" Outlaw

Really? Maybe I should reconsider another Outlaw to compliment my Golden. I was considering the Tejon or Vaq, but silver coins are what I want to find.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deepest Tesoro? Any model where you can ground balance the machine, which would likely be a fairly HOT machine!
Lotta coils to choose from too..., for most models. Gotta love it!

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that the Sand Shark is my deepest Tesoro.
Dug a bottom of a can at the beach 18+ inches. I was in a hole up to my elbow before I reached the can.
Outlaw for me on clad is 8" or the length of my pin-pointer. We just dont get very deep coins in our area.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a deep coin target first found with my CZ 5 that buried the depth needle at 8 in in my uncles yard that I decided to leave to test machines on cause I knew it was a deep coin. On the CTX thus coin reads 12 45 13 46 with a depth of 9 in. If I had to guess what it was with the CTX I would say silver dime in my soil. I have tested many Tesoros on this target including the Eldorado micromax, Bandido2 micromax, Outlaw, Deleon, Tejon, Vaquero and Cibola with stock coils and 8 x 11 rsd. The Vaquero hit it with the 8 x 11 partially supertuned, Tejon a very feint hit on would probably miss if they didn't know it was there and the rest nothing at all. I have owned many Tesoros over the years and multiples of each and the Vaquero in my terrible colorado soil consistently seems the deepest.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vaquero can hold its own when it comes to depth.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? Maybe I should reconsider another Outlaw to compliment my Golden. I was considering the Tejon or Vaq, but silver coins are what I want to find.

I think Terry is a great guy.

But the Vaquero, Cibola, and Tejon are all deeper than the Outlaw.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry has a tweaked one...

I think Terry is a great guy.

But the Vaquero, Cibola, and Tejon are all deeper than the Outlaw.

That's my experience as well. I see better depth out of both Tejon and Vaquero, and I haven't used my GB modded Cibola enough to tell. Still, my preferred Tesoros are the Outlaw and Bandido II μMAX, as I find them the most pleasant to use in trash. Outlaw gets adequate depth, but I don't think of it as Tesoro's deepest.

Terry must have a "Rusty Special" version... :sunny:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my experience as well. I see better depth out of both Tejon and Vaquero, and I haven't used my GB modded Cibola enough to tell. Still, my preferred Tesoros are the Outlaw and Bandido II μMAX, as I find them the most pleasant to use in trash. Outlaw gets adequate depth, but I don't think of it as Tesoro's deepest.

Terry must have a "Rusty Special" version... :sunny:

For today's lesson for newbies, the theory is silver likes the lower frequency better. Maybe it does, but the higher end machines that are not running "silver's frequency" may just have better innards to beat the lower cost "silver frequency" detectors.

Best Metal Detector Frequency - Best Metal Detector Guide

Terry may have a soil that renders the upper tier higher frequency machines inert due to too much mineralization.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curious to what steve1357 posted, what is Tesoro lowest end Frequency model and it's highest end frequency model they have produced.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I figure it is the Diabol or Lobo Original at 20KHz I found so far, not sure the lowest? Almost forgot they had their older manuals Thanks for the link. I will keep looking. Most have been around 12KHz and min 10KHz over the years, see none from 5-8 KHz though, interesting. You would have thought at least some of their Silver Series would have fell in between these lower zones?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/304505-md-frequencies-better-what.html

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread