Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Vern. Sorry to hear you are giving up this great hobby. The other day I was out MD and dug up a 1909 Wheatie. When I saw the old date I immediately thought of you and the Wheatie contest you started. I knew the 09 had already been beat but when I got home and researched it discovered I had found a first year minted Wheatie. It made my day. I too will miss your posts Vern. Good health to you from a fellow old guy.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, it's one thing if someone decides to give up the hobby by choice but when it is possibly the only choice and you have to give it up, that is very sad to hear. I wish you the best in whatever you do next. Maybe just giving the body a break will turn things around. Whatever you decide, don't stop moving; a body in motion.......:icon_thumright:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear you had to give up something you love. Maybe you can pass on the hobby to a family member and help them with some research and you can detect through them.

God Bless you and may he give you strength to recover your way of life

All the best

Waterscoop

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I don't know if this would help you enough, but CBD oil made from hemp plants is legal. I typed in CBD oil ratings and there was 1 I think had Pure in the title and was rated over 4 stars out of 5. Think it was about $40 for a 1oz bottle. This would be a 30 day supply for some at 1 ml per day a dropper full. Some with really bad pain need more. Your decision to try or not of course, I don't want to force anyone to try to believe in something their docs haven't mentioned. Best wishes.

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man!! I don't like to hear this. You are one of the fun guys to read on this forum. Forum won't be the same :( Hope you can hang around. Wheatymike.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish you all the best Vern, and will hope to enjoy your posts and conversations still on Treasurenet.com!

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys. Sorry for no response to your kind words.
My doctor decided that I needed surgery right away, for the 2nd time, so now I am recovering once again. Having to use a walker just to get around in my home. Mostly laying prone.

I am planning to hold on to my Deleon for awhile, to see how i progress. When I am able, I'm going to post my Red Racer, with extra coils, for sale.
The lifetime warranty of the Deleon makes this decision easy.

Hey, you guys are great. All of you, "keep a cool tool in the motor pool".

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern
Sorry I have not had the opportunity to talk to you, been reading your post lol.
Hope you get better soon.

Bleep and dig
Lewy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread