Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
robo said:
Not new to detecting or the Teoro line. Have a Deleon on the way. Any usefull tips or info. would be greatly appreciated. More concerned about target ID at depth and jumping numbers.

The only way to learn the TID digital patterns is to use the detector. But just remember, you're looking for patterns of numbers. Certain objects will produce certain groups or patterns of numbers. These patterns will change the deeper the object gets.

The DeLeon works great if one learns the sounds and the meter readings and how they work together. It's not a tone detector machine but certain objects produce solid/tight/small signals and some more broken signals. It is these solid/broken signals that some call tones in non tone machines.

I once found a gold bracelet mixed in with nails thanks to the TID. The sound was that of a nail but the TID pattern said gold.

Badger

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
Ladies gold rings will show number 20 or so. The bar above IRON wil be steady and tall for many of the rings and for gold chains too. Foil gives a low number, around 20 or lower so you gotta dig that too. All Metal mode is about the only way to find gold chains. I'm now using All Metal and having great success finding gold jewelry, some of it not even detectable in Disc. mode. All Metal isn't good around picnic tables, too many pulltabs, good on soccer fields, etc. Then I switch to Disc. to get more info before I dig. Using Cortes.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
robo,

The guys that have answered you so far have given you some good information. Rather than giving you info you don't need, I'll try to answer any questions you may have. The Deleon is a fine detector,if you spend the time learning it, I'm sure your going to like it. Joe

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you scroll down this "Tesoro" section, you'll find remarks and findings about the DeLeon that might help you. Several of us have posted many threads on this machine.

Also, go the the official "Tesoro" website and click on the forum link. There are a lot of comments on the DeLeon as well as other models, by people who use them.

Happy Hunting.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
We here can give all kinds of tips, however the best thing is to go out, listen to the sound-read the meter-see the # AND the bar-then dig and see what it is. I've dug signals that bounced between 20 and 95. Found out by digging that there cas a coin in close approximation to a piece of canfetti.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread