Post up if you are OK

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
The Houston area took a major blow. I have seen some pictures of downtown that look unbelievable. My neighborhood has been hammered, The power company told my neighbor that it could be over a month before we get power back.

I have damage to my home but it has no comparison to what has happened to the area.

If you guys are OK please post up, It was a lot worse than expected and I hope everyone came out.

God,Guns,Guts and Glory - Texas

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Thanks for letting us know you are okay Jason.....sure hope everyone else is as well. Sorry to hear about the devastation of your neighborhood! :'( :'( Praying you have electricity far sooner than expected!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, I am glad your ok, I tell ya, watching that on the news was just mind blowing as I have never been in a storm like that, so its really beyond my imagination to even think what it was like, of which, I hope I never have to find out. Now for us to hear from the rest of our Texan friends. I would imagine it will be hard for them to find a working computer for a while.. its just waiting it out to hear from everyone.. stay safe and thanks for jumping in to let us know.

booty

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many are still without power - with homes in water or worse. (probably will make it harder to "post up", for awhile).

But, as soon as you guys from Texas CAN - we would all like to know you guys are ok!

B

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Im good, was west of the mess got some wind and rain, No Damage . Got kin in Pasedena and Alvin, some of Alvin's got power but Pasadena doesent. Probaly be mid or end of week B-4 folks can get on galveston.

I appreciate the comrodery we have here especially in times of crises, Hope to here from the others soon

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Hey TC....thanks for checkin with Justgeese for us! So good to hear more are doing okay. Thank God for cell phones during stuff like this...sure helps check up on everyone!

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Just got internet back. Had a long night in League City, but all is ok. I quess all that prep paid off. Only for trees down on the fence line. No damage to the house, glad for those tougher wind codes, lots of homes got serious damage. Really bad flooding along Clear Creek and Clear Lake. Hope everyone else got off ok. Hey Shaw, where are you guys detecting today?? I hear damp soil enhances the signal return.

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you Houston boys are ok. Talked to a couple buddies of mine that work for AEP(Engineering Manager & a Lineman Supervisor). They were both headed your way and they turned them around. Seems ALL overhead highlines and owned & maintained by Centerpoint. There is NO WAY this small division of Centerpoint gas can bring Houston back up. It appears they are going to bring AEP back in on contract Monday to get you guys electricity back up. Either way...hope you guys are well.
Kieth

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
im here in Pasadena, we lost power and so did my parents, but they had a tree tear down the power lines. They also got fence taken out that got crushed by a large part of tree. It landed right on the edge of the house and just missed landing on the roof.
Another "branch" landed right across the roof but no damage.
I was looking out the front door glass when the first part of the storm came and u could see the aluminum carport flopping up and down.

It finally gave up cause one minute im looking at it, then it disappeared in front of my eyes.
I thought it flew away or was headed to crush my car in the yard,luckily it folded over and got stuck with the front tree. If it didn't get stuck when the opposite winds came it would have folded back over and flown away.

I just got back from a 4 hour wait to get gas,fyi, the Walmart in Laporte on Spencer hwy and East blvd,has gas.

The lines were huge but orderly, like a bank. The good thing was that a tanker truck pulled up to refuel, but 5 minutes after he left, the generator powering the station, ran out of gas :icon_scratch:

Told the cop that was there and told him its gonna get crazy,he called for reinforcements ;D Took another 30 minutes or so to get that thing fired back up cause no one had diesel, had to get diesel brought in or siphoned from some in line.

Most of Pasadena is dark, gas is hard to get ATM. Cell phones are half working, will updatee whenever I can.

BTW...all the McDonalds signs we passed were on the ground :D

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Glad to see u guys slowly but surely checking in. I feel for u guys without power. When Hurricane Charlie came thru here, the power was out for about a week in August! I about got heat stroke! I would have to go out and sit in the car's air conditioning just to cool off. When it rained again a few days later, I threw on my bathing suit and took a quick shower in the water that ran off the roof! Gross, I know, but I felt sooooo much better! Thank God for those Mississippi guys that came in to help and got our power restored!

vicki

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am here...Corpus didn't even get a drop of rain or wind. We got tidal surges that flooded the coast line. I heard one poor kid I think he was 19 went missing off of thePadre Island jetties he and a friend were sweeped off by a wave, the friend was fine but the other boy drowned. They found his body today.

Poor kid and his family

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
txkickergirl said:
I am here...Corpus didn't even get a drop of rain or wind. We got tidal surges that flooded the coast line. I heard one poor kid I think he was 19 went missing off of thePadre Island jetties he and a friend were sweeped off by a wave, the friend was fine but the other boy drowned. They found his body today.

Poor kid and his family

TKG, the story is these two guys got washed in. The surfer 19 paddled out to get them and never made it back in. I have surfed most of the Texas coast and I know that most of these guys young and old feel the need to try and help anyone in the water that looks like they need help. Regardless of what happened a prayer should be said for his family. If its true, the kid died on his surfboard and trying to help out his fellow man. He's now catching the best waves up there.

Attachments

• DSC01237.JPG
    DSC01237.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 266
OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Also, I made the trip to my town and back to Austin (13 hours RT) My area has severe damage and I believe now it could be a month until power is restored.

Myleo is OK in the woodlands with her generator and had to drive to College Station for gas. No power in the Woodlands -

My father in laws parents nice beach house that was in the Boliver area is now noting but a slab along with most all homes on that end. Complete detestation. Galveston and East bay will be in shambles for many many years.

Galveston islands had 40% of the population try and ride it out, Some of them have been rescued by helicopters and boats. Its like a war zone there. They have pulled bodies from the area out, there is human life lost. They have been sending out EVERYONE from the area and told not to return any time soon.

I posted some pictures of Fort Travis awhile back - People busted in here supposedly and rode out the storm there OK.

I hope that all you guys are OK this evening and that recovery will be as quick as possible.

Jason

Attachments

• 34493_1217899655.JPG
    34493_1217899655.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 600xPopupGallery.jpg
    600xPopupGallery.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 253

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Very sad! Sure am glad all of you are okay that are checking in......I have seen flooding before but this kind of devastation never fails to tear at your heart and make you stop and realize what is truly important in life.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Probaly the thing that makes me madest of all of this is democratic Congress man Lansan, he is standing up NOW calling for"change " during this crises, and Blaming the US gov (FEMA) for a bunch of IDIOTS who decided to stay on galveston island, AND THE FACT THAT THEY NEED ICE, Idiots who stayed there , and a Idiot that want you and me to bale them out.
Its happening agien. the guy needs run out of texas on a rail

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
TEXAN Connection said:
Probaly the thing that makes me madest of all of this is democratic Congress man Lansan, he is standing up NOW calling for"change " during this crises, and Blaming the US gov (FEMA) for a bunch of IDIOTS who decided to stay on galveston island, AND THE FACT THAT THEY NEED ICE, Idiots who stayed there , and a Idiot that want you and me to bale them out.
Its happening agien. the guy needs run out of texas on a rail

TC, Just had that conversation with my Austin family. I am very compassionate for these people but when they say "LEAVE" and now we spend 140-180 thousand a rescue I am getting aggravated.

Turn off Dr.Phil for an hour and watch the news and radio.

Thats all I will say this evening - Im stressed and pissed that few people headed these warnings.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Yup Shaw your wathchin the same thing i am. Media trying to make a "change " for thier agenda,ITS Pissing me off.
A few idiots died , its a Shame but they were foolish to stay on the Island . Its not at all like katina (just more idiots in that one), but the media wants us to see it that way. Funny how if you watch, the TEXAS populations is not buying this crap. the worlds population is in question

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions