Re-lic-ing My Wounds

K

KirkTN

Well, Big brother john37115 :icon_king: put it on me today. He dug a Confederate Infantry Button! :o He was kind enough to not rub it in too badly. However, I've been curled up in the fetal position ever since I got home. :'( He did earn the find I'll give him that. He detected from about 10 to 3:00 on a sprained ankle and hilly terrain. I'm Really Tickled for him. :thumbsup: Those are the kind of finds that really trip our triggers. I wasn't totaly skunked. Pretty much but not totaly. :-[ I did manage to pluck a few nice bullets, those are always fun. I'm adding a few little finds from yesterday also, not much but did find one nice Injun with a full Liberty.

Attachments

• 2-24-09 CW FINDS.jpg
    2-24-09 CW FINDS.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 693
  • 2-23-09 cmf.jpg
    2-23-09 cmf.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 681
  • 1903 indian head Full Liberty.jpg
    1903 indian head Full Liberty.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 686
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..... Very nice finds. You are making me drool. If Nashville is washed away by drool it will totally be your fault, lol.... I'm trying to get permission to hunt where several thousand troops camped and there was a hospital there and that building is still standing, it's an old farm house. No luck getting him to answer the phone yet. Wish me luck ;D have a good one

DANGLANGLEY

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool bunch of finds alright :thumbsup:
Is that a pistol up top of pic #2 ?

Mike

marky1016

Greenie
Apr 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
FISHER CZ7a w/SUNRAY PROBE;F5;F75
Nice finds :thumbsup:Wish I could hunt where you can find civil war finds,but I live in NY :sad10:Great job....

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I thought you didn't find nothing. I'll quit feeling sorry for you now you rascal. Just kidding you done good my boy as Leroy Smith would say. LOL
You weren't kidding that Indianhead is bea-u-ti-ful.
That site has the kindest dirt, hard to believe I found some square nails there yesterday that looked like they were dropped last week.
Lets do it again soon shall we ::)

OP
OP
K

KirkTN

DANGLANGLEY said:
Wow..... Very nice finds. You are making me drool. If Nashville is washed away by drool it will totally be your fault, lol.... I'm trying to get permission to hunt where several thousand troops camped and there was a hospital there and that building is still standing, it's an old farm house. No luck getting him to answer the phone yet. Wish me luck ;D have a good one

DANGLANGLEY
Thank you Dan. LOL I do wish you luck at getting that CW site. Are you in Davidson County?
trikikiwi said:
Pretty cool bunch of finds alright :thumbsup:
Is that a pistol up top of pic #2 ?

Mike
It does look like the remains of a weird little hand gun in the pick now that you mention it. It doesn't look that way in person. I'm really not sure what it is, maybe some sort of a pin used on farm equipment. :icon_scratch:
marky1016 said:
Nice finds :thumbsup:Wish I could hunt where you can find civil war finds,but I live in NY :sad10:Great job....
With the old History Up there, you can find stuff we can only dream of.
Twin Digger said:
some compition going on... who's leading now????

Keep hunting

Twin Digger.
just a mild case of sibling rivalry, just kiding we support each other all the way, just having fun with it. ;D
VOL1266-X said:
Great Finds Captain Kirk-Super IH. HH.

Thank you Quindy, That Injun did hold up good.
john37115 said:
I thought you didn't find nothing. I'll quit feeling sorry for you now you rascal. Just kidding you done good my boy as Leroy Smith would say. LOL
You weren't kidding that Indianhead is bea-u-ti-ful.
That site has the kindest dirt, hard to believe I found some square nails there yesterday that looked like they were dropped last week.
Lets do it again soon shall we ::)
I knew somethin' when I saw that S***Eating Grin. You kicked my tail today. Good thing it wasn't a CS buckle, I'd probably be in the nervous hospital tonight. :D

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Nice relics, glad you could get out. The wife and I are going to Gatlinburg next week, don't think I will have time to detect though. I might take it along, just in case. HH
JDD

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkTN said:
Well, Big brother john37115 :icon_king: put it on me today. He dug a Confederate Infantry Button! :o He was kind enough to not rub it in too badly.

Ummmm....nevermind that little thing about 'Who's yer Daddy' ? :tongue3: :D

Well you got some great keepers too! That Injun is GREAT!!! Always love the old bullets!

You two did good! :wink:

Nana :)

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. Maybe having a sprained ankle slowed him down so he could search better. I'm not saying you should sprain your ankle but if it works you might want to try it. ;D
Dman

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great assortment of relics there, my friend.

Best Wishes and HH,

Buckles

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff, does look like a little gun ya got there. Dig out the old electrolysis kit, and get to work!

R

rig runner09

I'm just amazed with all the old bullets I'm seeing we don't find them around here nice find and pics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread