2nd hunt at Civil War site yields Amazing finds!!! by Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upon discovering this Civil War site we dug some nice relics before it got to dark to hunt, like a US belt plate and several dropped bullets. We had to wait untill the next weekend to get back but it was well worth the wait. We got an early start, 8am and we hunted untill 5pm. We were pretty tired of digging! I dug around 120 bullets, including many nice carved bullets. John dug about the same amount, we had a great time and will be returning soon. My buddy Chris will post my pics for me. Thanks for looking. Tsgman

Upvote 0

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Like always, here comes the pics. This has turned out to be a great place to hunt. You would think he would invite the guy who puts his pics on the forum for him.

Hint hint!

Attachments

• Pictures 9.05 122.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 122.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 843
  • Pictures 9.05 138.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 138.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 852
  • Pictures 9.05 144.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 144.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 838
  • Pictures 9.05 153.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 153.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 848
  • Pictures 9.05 152.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 152.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 826

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Here is more!

Attachments

• Pictures 9.05 141.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 141.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 809
  • Pictures 9.05 154.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 154.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 808
  • Pictures 9.05 135.jpg
    Pictures 9.05 135.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 806
  • Tims finds 2nd trip in display case.JPG
    Tims finds 2nd trip in display case.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 796

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah yeah, you're just trying to make us jealous! ;D

J/k!

Nice digs dudes!

HH

Lonewolfe

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
By the way, it could be the picture and my imagination...but are any of those 'bitten bullets'? When they amputated a limb or something, they put a bullet between your teeth, and after it's all over, the bullet's totally misshapen into a lead blob with mollar holes in it. A couple of them look kind of like one I saw awhile ago, but it could easily just be me.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
livetoplay804 said:
Like always, here comes the pics.? This has turned out to be a great place to hunt.? You would think he would invite the guy who puts his pics on the forum for him.

Hint hint!

Yeah...what's up with that? I was just thinking........ now John isn't the one that posts the pictures....Chris is! :D

Really nice finds Tman!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lonewolfe, I think we have only scratched the surface on this site. It's exciting because this is the first untouched site that I have been lucky enough to help find.
Frank, if you check the 3rd pic down and look at the bullet bottom row on the far right, that is a chewed bullet. They are sometimes referred to as hospital bullets. The other bullets Snee was referring to are possibly cleaner bullets.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Not A Big CIVIL WAR Relic Fan.

Mainly because I Live TOO far From any Civil War Sites to Search,

But That is an AWSOME COLLECTION !

? ? ? ? ? Congrats Tsgman.

Keep the Finds & Pictures Coming.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HAPPY HUNTING.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff, We will be going back Sunday and I will post my finds. Tim

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing place! Hope you find more belt plates! Good luck and happy hunting!! :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your killing me Tsgman!!!! My heart skips a beat when I find old bullets. They are nothing like yours.

Keep digging!!! Congrats on the site. 8) 8) 8) I can't stand it I am going out to hunt right now!
Stan the man

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Once in a while someone hits the jackpot and that is what you have done. Congrats. I hope you have only scratched the surface.

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Tsgman, those are some great finds. I notice a boot toe plate and part of a stirrup in there too. It's very hard to look at your finds and look out my window as the snow is coming down, and I know that there is no more hunting till April, but I wish you well anyway!!! How many different kinds of bullets have you found there? Congrats...Lance

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snee said:
Is this site a small skirmish site or a battle of any historical significance?
Snee, We Are thinking it was a camp site, possibly a winter camp due to all the carved bullets found. That could be a result of a lot of excessive time spent in camp. We Also think both US and CSA used the same area. To date only 3 US buttons have been found. And it may be that the shear number of bullets are over powering the smaller signals like buttons. Most of the bullets are around 6 to 8 inche's deep. Only a small percentage of bullets are fired, most were dropped. But it is possible that Snipers or Bushwackers could of took shots at the camp? Or just out of boredom they practiced shooting. If a battle had taken place it's not in the Official Records that I can find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions