Endless possibilities on this street. (street tear out.:)

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I been waiting for this for a long time. My own street that is being tore up and replace all new from Huron St. to Summit St. Thats over 3 block and wideing it 4 ft to the West and they have to move all the utilities from the ground and move those to and replace the sewer. From the history on 3rd st. it was dirt, gravel, pavers, and asphalt which is now gone back to dirt again. Also it was the main road to the cemetery up the hill. So Im hoping that someone lost some change along the way up the hill or down going to the Billiards thats at the end of the block on main. Ill keep you posted on anything I find. Also give me your imput on it and here are the pics of the street and some old houses on that. Later.

Attachments

• 3rd St. Mo Valley.jpg
    3rd St. Mo Valley.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,891
  • 3rd St. Mo Valley South.jpg
    3rd St. Mo Valley South.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,879
  • old houses.jpg
    old houses.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,883
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
go man go ---hit it while the getting is good * look for old spots where bussinesses were at.

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could but the started at Huron and main is one more block south from that first pic. Going tonight after the crew leaves so wish me luck.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you might be very surprized --that "sealed" unhunted ground --has most likely never seen a detector amd you never know what old coins / items folks might have dropped over the years of it being a dirt road

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it hurts that bad then head on out here. They be doing it till next yr spring.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ready, set, knee pads, batteries, digging tool, flashlight, reflector vest, go baby go, tear it up, Have your wife bring you something to eat, and drink, you got some important and wonderful things to find.

Jeez, if they tore the street up in front of my house (brick from 1900), I'd take a vacation and act like I worked for the city, or I'd take a vacation and give the city boys some cold drinks and sandwiches just so I could stay ahead of them.

Hit it, not many people get that chance.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My input would be, you showed your aces to early. Now you have competition.

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
I was thinking the same thing Cru...I live 30 minutes from there! But I'm going to leave the man to his street and wish him good luck! Good luck IAsoldier--let us know how you fair! I found a street tear-out in Iowa 3 weeks ago and nailed a VNick and Injun just laying on the surface...I wish you even better luck!

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ggossage said:
I was thinking the same thing Cru...I live 30 minutes from there! But I'm going to leave the man to his street and wish him good luck! Good luck IAsoldier--let us know how you fair! I found a street tear out in Iowa 3 weeks ago and nailed a VNick and Injun just laying on the surface...I wish you even better luck!

GO brother, he invited me and I am all the way in NC!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ggossage said:
I was thinking the same thing Cru...I live 30 minutes from there! But I'm going to leave the man to his street and wish him good luck! Good luck IAsoldier--let us know how you fair! I found a street tear-out in Iowa 3 weeks ago and nailed a VNick and Injun just laying on the surface...I wish you even better luck!

You might, but others won't.

Get your skates on, & mop it up before its too late.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being an old fart, I can remember walking along dirt streets so here's a tip for you. Back in the day, most people walked along the sides of the roads and not the center; unless there was a recent heavy rain that left standing water on the sides. Then, we'd walk the center until traffic came along. Soooooo, concentrate on the sides of the road. Swing your detector with street's edge as one end of your swing and the centerline on the other end; and don't get in a hurry. Occasionally, the city would scrape the street with a road grader that would push the dirt to the sides (hint) and slowly drive a dump truck down the center with the bed tilted up to allow a thin layer of fresh dirt to fall to the street.
Great gobs of good luck and happy hunting. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I tried my luck this evening so far not to bad. Did manage to score a old Chinese cash coin for the early 1800's a date be helpful. Plus loads of clad to boot now just waiting to find that silver. Now about sharing the road I dont care so come on up and help yourself to it. I have a buddy that mds and lives down the road about 200 ft from the construction site and he's retired so he got lots of time on his hands. So Ive no problem if you drive 12 hrs or flew out to do some detecting out here just email me and we can hunt together. Later and HH :headbang: todays totals
1 cash coin
3 quarters
5 dimes
14 pennys and no oldies yet.

Attachments

• cash.jpg
    cash.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,466
  • cash Rr.jpg
    cash Rr.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,457

Top Member Reactions