1740 house brings ALOT, GOLD AND SILVER!!!

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
WOW, what a hunt i had today. I visited a house that was built in 1740ish, i talked to the 80 year old lady and she said her sons had detected the 2 plus acres years ago, but to feel free to take some time and hunt around. So thats just what i did for 5 hours. As soon as i started hunting i was gettin alot of clad. clad is always fine in my book!!! then i had a solid 25cent sound, and it was a boyds genuine porcelin canning lid, fully intacked porcelin. wow what a find. so i took a little break, smoked a cigg and went back out. i then found more clad, and a set of old keys which are in the picture. so by this time im lookin for more!!!. SILVER!!! 1964 rosey dime, first silver, ill take it. about 15 feet away i got a strong gold sound. about an inche down. im thinkin pull tab, but thanks to advise from everyone, DIG EVERYTHING. WOW ITS GOLD!!! A white gold s pattern ring, this ring is heavy. wow, what a day. the old lady said to me when i showed her everything. hey, someone lost and and now you found it. its yours to keep. wow, i just love old people and sunny mondays!!! hopefully the rest of the week turns out great too!!! thanks, Greg Horning

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,183
  • loot.jpg
    loot.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • ring ground.jpg
    ring ground.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,134
  • ring and tector.jpg
    ring and tector.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,129
  • other stuff.jpg
    other stuff.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,172
  • not sure.jpg
    not sure.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,135
  • dirt ring.jpg
    dirt ring.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,129
  • ring close up.jpg
    ring close up.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,163
Upvote 0

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Great finds Greg!! Looks like the old house has alot of potential. If you go back, just take your time and cut clean plugs. I bet theres other goodies there! 8)

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What did the 'not sure' yield? The suspense is killin' me....

OP
OP
firefighter35

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
SilverFinger said:
Nice finds! What did the 'not sure' yield? The suspense is killin' me....
its a boyds porcelin canning lid top, fully intacked

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Hey Greg.........Nice day!!! Congrats on the finds, stick with that place for a while I'm bettin' there's more waiting to be found!!

Dave

OP
OP
firefighter35

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
DKinPA said:
Hey Greg.........Nice day!!! Congrats on the finds, stick with that place for a while I'm bettin' there's more waiting to be found!!

Dave
i will, but i just got an email from a girl i went to school with, her parents have an old (1900s) house, and i got permission to search there too, so thank god im only workin part time right now, lol

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds there, congrats on that gold ring, looks nice! :thumbsup: that skeleton key is sweet, I just dug my first about a week ago, thats a cool relic. good luck out there, Griff

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one great looking colonial house, I wonder how much of it on the inside is original? You got a nice golld ring out of the day too.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats what a cool house and great finds. Make sure you stop back by and take the ol lady a plant or some flowers, and a thank you card.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread