hunted out site gives up gold ????

Messick81

May 6, 2009
for general info i have been using a dfx for about two years and have found some amazing things., but as most things go i thougt i should be getting things a little deeper. i went to the brands forum and ask for settings that may go deeper. i received a program to try. went to a site that ive hunted alot and tried the program on sat. for about two hours. dug up a colonial button and an 1864 i.h and a harness buckle. went back sunday and found a civil war button a very nice large cent 1846 at about 15 inches and the next thing i dug toke my breath it was a 1857 california 1/4 gold piece WOW. i called a friend and told him what it was and when i said it had a bear on it he said it might be counterfiet i will post pictures tomorrow maybe some one can help. i am happy no matter what, it,s nat everyday you dig gold . thanks

front_of_dad\'s_gold_coin.JPG
!Back_of_dad\'s_gold_coin.JPG

Attachments

• front_of_dad\'s_gold_coin.JPG
    front_of_dad\'s_gold_coin.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 6,275
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Messick81

May 6, 2009
The man from california gold said he would check his collection and if he did not have one like that he would like to purchase it. after checking he got back to me and made an offer., but i declined. he said normaly a token like this brings about 20 bucks, but he offered quite a bit more.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Messick81 said:
The man from california gold said he would check his collection and if he did not have one like that he would like to purchase it. after checking he got back to me and made an offer., but i declined. he said normaly a token like this brings about 20 bucks, but he offered quite a bit more.

I still think it is gold.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the coolest coin I have ever seen dug why sell it.

OP
OP
M

Messick81

May 6, 2009
Have a club metting tonight get to show off my coin. i still can,t belive i found one.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
If I found that amazing coin, I'd be running every lead to earth before ever thinking of selling it.
I think it's worth several months' research with all experts on California gold.

Fantastic!

OP
OP
M

Messick81

May 6, 2009
can some one tell me where i can get this coin certified, and about what is the going rate for certification.

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Wow. Can't believe I missed this post. Since it's already bumped, thought I'd chime in with some info that may be helpful. Messick, don't know if you've identified your coin yet, but my buddy Bootstrap Vinn found a vaguely similar CA gold piece a couple of years back. Rich of Central PA contributed some great information. Here's a link to Bootstraps post....Scroll down for Rich's reply. If you still have no I.D., maybe shoot him a PM.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,88390.html

Great Find!

MP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread