The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ?On the way to the old cellar holes ,I was undicided on what I was going to do when I get there. So when I arrived? I decided to dig in an area behind the cellar hole, where I have found some pottery in the past while digging.? So I started to dig down at least 10 to 14 inches and I started finding all kinds of pottery ,Pipe stems and nails like crazy .? Now you see why you have problems around those old foundations and can't pick up any signals where all those nails are laying.? ?Dating back to the time period of the early 1800's? this site had all kinds of? "I want to say traffic" with the amount of items that I dug out of an area only 3 ft by 5 ft , and the other area I dug was 3 ft? by 6 ft.? ?The buttons I would have never hit if I had not dug down and cleared some of the dirt and nails from those areas.? ?
? ? ?As you look at these items that came out , what is the best guess on the "what I call the Bear Claw"? the long white thing that looks like a tooth but I don't think it is and the long copper piece next to the spoons. I have no idea what that was used for?? ?I will try to get back this week since the weather is going to be in the 40's . Hope you enjoy ...... thanks and Keep on Digging!!!!!!!! :D? ? ? ? ?Seeker

Attachments

• Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 011 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 011 Medium Web view.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 981
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 951
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 947
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 938
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 944
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Old Pottery,Clay Pipe stems,and some Mistery finds at the Old Cellar Holes

;D ;D ;D Here is another piece of pottery , I thought it would bring back some romantic memories for some of you Treasure Hunters . lol......Seeker

Attachments

• Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 007 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 007 Medium Web view.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 927

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Seeker, now I know you're nuts! It was 25 degrees here, down south in PA. It had to be cold in NY.

Interesting stuff you've got there. Somebody here will help you out on the copper piece and the claw.

By the way, what are you wearing on your hands when it gets so cold? I'm using rubber coated knit gloves, but they're only coated on the fingers and palms. How do you deal with the cold, wet dirt?

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Thats A lot of nice finds!Seems like you have a good spot for a while.HHs

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

Thats alot of finds!! The claw thingy looks like a type of shell.

PRAIRIEWOLF

Jun 26, 2005
MINNESOTA

OK , that claw thing ; I think it's a tooth and my guess would be from a beaver or woodchuck . I know it's a shock but some beavers do have teeth .

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
On that long copper thing...I would imagine before it was bent? that the one peice was able to slide down into the other....would it be some sort of device that a rag or cloth was inserted through the looped end...for cleaning something....like a oil lamp glass chimney....yes....I think thats it....or else I just have myself convinced! LOL...

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker,

I'm not sure but I think the tooth looking thing may be from a wild boar. It looks like a tusk. At first I was thinking it was a tooth but the angle where it sets in the gum is all wrong for a tooth for chewing or hunting. It looks like it came out of a very young pig.
Ok I have to go now I'm making myself hungry...... ::)

http://www.penetrating.com/RawMaterials/RUWB01-BoarTusk.jog

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I never thought of wild Pig , I guess back in the 1820's the wild Beast roamed the Earth in these parts of the country.........Now a HAM dinner sounds good!!!!! Thanks again....Seeker :)

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the replys......This week with the weather going to be in the 40's .I will be back at the old place and hope for the best...... Seeker

chark21798

Dec 6, 2004
SOUTH JERSEY
Detector(s) used
explorer/ wot coil
Great finds, was wondering how you find all those celler holes. Is it all in research, or do you just search. I would like to do some cellar diving. Well keep on digging and posting great finds.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great batch-o-relic's Seeker...anything interesting on the button's or plain jane?...congrat's and HH!!

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
Seeker the tooth next to the nails in the third picture is from a dog I believe. just a guess but it is about the right shape and size for a large dog. maybe a dog grave near where you were digging.

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions