Old Cufflinks

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Finishing up a field I have only a week to play with, I found amongst odds and ends, these pair of cufflinks, my first.. Have no idea how to date them, anyone who would like to pipe in, would be appreciated. I notice the connecting bar is different than those previously posted here as 1700's. They were gold plated once, and are made of copper. Only 3 inches down.

Attachments

• Mvc-180f.jpg
    Mvc-180f.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 776
  • Mvc-181f.jpg
    Mvc-181f.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,114
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldnow said:
Iron Patch said:
Nice one! I would say it's early.

Thanks.. Wish it had some design, though.

That's the same thing I was saying about most of the hundreds of flat buttons I dug last year! :thumbsup: I'd say hold out that thinking for a marked button because very rarely is a pattern on a cufflink anymore than neat, where as a marked button can be killer!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I only have 1 with the connecting bar, all mine are normally 1/2 a cufflink. Nice to get it whole :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
goldnow

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
CRUSADER said:
I think I only have 1 with the connecting bar, all mine are normally 1/2 a cufflink. Nice to get it whole :icon_thumleft:

Well, I never saw one before in person, but I think last August one of us found a Colonial silver pair with a flower design, and also I followed some links other posters provided to that post so I had the picture in my head. To tell the truth, if I didn't read that post, I would have had no idea exactly what it was and I would have posted it on the What The H--- Is This? page.

I dug the plug, real soft soil, and instantly saw one link, and when I picked it up, it just gave an unexpected slight resistance before it all came out. Nice feeling, btw.

Any guess on it's age?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldnow said:
CRUSADER said:

Well, I never saw one before in person, but I think last August one of us found a Colonial silver pair with a flower design, and also I followed some links other posters provided to that post so I had the picture in my head. To tell the truth, if I didn't read that post, I would have had no idea exactly what it was and I would have posted it on the What The H--- Is This? page.

I dug the plug, real soft soil, and instantly saw one link, and when I picked it up, it just gave an unexpected slight resistance before it all came out. Nice feeling, btw.

Any guess on it's age?

circa 1800 give or take 10 years

OP
OP
goldnow

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
CRUSADER said:
goldnow said:
CRUSADER said:

Any guess on it's age?

circa 1800 give or take 10 years

That's good to know, thanks.. I was hoping for that.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I would think the less decoration the earlier it would be. I like it plain like that.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice set of cufflinks. Very rare to get the set. Congrats :thumbsup:

OP
OP
goldnow

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
HCW said:
I would think the less decoration the earlier it would be. I like it plain like that.

You might be right about the design/age idea, I don't know. It's a good question.

And plain is just as nice, I agree. I get greedy sometimes, for more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread