2 hours in park = A top 5 best day

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
It hit 35 today and I had the day off. :) I only had about 2 hours to kill before I had to take my son to the doctor so I decided to hit the local park. I have hunted this park hundreds of times before and found a few mercs and some Canadian silver there. a bit odd since it is only 30ish years old. I parked my car and headed off toward the baseball diamond. The ground was muddy and the wind was very cold but I needed that fix. I really wasn't expecting much other than the usual clad.

As I neared the chain link fence near the field I got a chattery hit. It was only about 2 ft from the fence so it took a min. to pinpoint it. down about 7 inches I get a penny. Wait its not a wheat like all the others its a 1908 indian. very cool a first for this park. Off I go towards the outfield when about 10 ft further I get a pull tab hit. down I go looking for the tab. but wait its awfully deep for a tab. at about 8 inches out comes an 1891 v nickel. Very cool first 2 coins are keepers. Things are getting interesting. another 20 ft across the field and another penny hit. down about 5 inches whats this another indian. no way. 1903 this time. This is getting spooky now. 3 turn of the century coins in 10 min in a very hard hit park. Off i go again and the next coins were just clad though one is a 1939 Jefferson. then another penny hit down about 6 inches no way another indian 1909. only the second time Ive gotten 3 indians in one day. how can it get any better. I get a couple dimes then and think how could I miss these. Ive been all over this part of the park. 6 ft later another dime hit only 2 inches down I spot the edge and wait that looks like silver. clean it off and there is an 1899 barber dime. My first barber of any kind. now its getting late so I head back to the truck. and get a couple pulltabs on the way moving along oh crap I forgot to check that last hole. wait theres still a signal its a buffalo nickel.

That was enough excitement for today.

not bad for 2 hours in a hunted out park. :D

Tim

Attachments

• 3-17-06.JPG
    3-17-06.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 384
  • first barber.JPG
    first barber.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
wow thats amazing, I would be happy finding ONE of those hunting all day! have you looked at any maps to see what was there before the park?

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME.. That's great!! Some really nice finds.
HH!!

Joe

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Guy....I was home most of the day and my phone was'nt ringing...lol Thats ok i know you will be calling me to go out sometime this week end!!!! Keep up the good work....See ya soon!!! :o

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The Seeker said:
WTG Guy....I was home most of the day and my phone was'nt ringing...lol Thats ok i know you will be calling me to go out sometime this week end!!!! Keep up the good....See ya soon!!! :o

Hahaha...He will be calling you now that you look like Rene Russo!!!

Way To on the barber...that is really a nice find ...It was the St Paddy Day Fairies sprinkling that park with Indians today ;) Lucky Lucky You !

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's like you hit Abner Doubleday's home field...Great find's,bet you weren't ready for that...Great find's and HH!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man that is awesome! i need a park like that around here! sounds like a goldmine! great digs!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Looks like your detector is hot right now. Those are some good depths. Right now my son and I are getting good depth also. We also have been finding stuff from heavily hunted areas. Yeah, I think that was a good 2 hours.
You need to taken that place off the hunted out list. ;D

Bob

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and old! Must be the wet conditions helping you out, I get more depth and better signals when the ground is wet. HH and nice hunt, Mike

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Totally awesome digs, WTG!!!
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Timmy, that's a dream hunt. ;) It looks like you found a great hotspot to keep you busy for awhile.

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Bavaria Mike said:
Congrats on the silver and old! Must be the wet conditions helping you out, I get more depth and better signals when the ground is wet. HH and nice hunt, Mike
Congrats on those great finds! One little two little three little Indians...WOW!
That 1899 Barber dime is excellent.What a great day you had. That park is still giving up some nice old coins for being heavily hunted. Keep up the good work. HH!

S

southbound

Guess those finds really made your day! Congrats. Great story. Vern

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a "hunted out" park near where I live and I hit it every two or three weeks for an hour or so and always find something of interest. Strange how those things have been missed so many times and one day BINGO! I think it has a lot to do with ground conditions, humidity, moisture content, temperature, etc, and pure luck ! Great finds. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread