old farm house

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
a old gal friend bought a old house about a year ago. she wants me to help her fix her truck. i know there is not to much wrong with it. anyway she said i could detected her yard. she said that it was built in the 1800s. i ask her again last night how old it was. she said 104 years old so that would make it 1902 so thats close enough for me she has two girl and I'm going to take my kids to spend the night on sat. i will take my cam, to take pix,s and show them here on Monday of the house and any finds. she has told me that her kids after a rain would find marble,s and old seashells. wish me luck. its not ofen that i get out to hunt :)

Upvote 0

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
If you do help remodel that house be sure to check behind the mantles over the fire place .Coins sometimes drop behind them and slide down behind it. Sounds like the kids spent lots of time in the yard ,should be great hunting.Good Luck Bob

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sounds like a really fantastic place to hunt , with lots of history.....I am glad that you finally are going to get to hit a good spot...Best of Luck and we look forward to seeing your finds!!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck and keep us posted,just hope this place hasn't seen a detector yet....HH!!

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Sounds like you just might have a pretty cool place to detect. If you tear down any walls look for newspaper and the dates, will give you a good time on when the building was built. Good luck.

Ken

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like that site could give up some nice pieces.....Good luck......... :)

OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
she is supposed to be here at 11:30 am to pick us up. last week she did not because of rain. i cant drive no more because of something stupid i did last year. i learned on that one. she said that for sure she would be here if no rain. its going to be up to 49 degree,s with winds to 10 to 15, so i guess its going to be kind of cool. I'm taking the dfx and another coil. the 8 in ex, dd . i guess i should take my old xlt as back up just in case. I'm going to take my dige, cam to post some pix on sunday or Monday. thanks for the good luck

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jon,

good luck on the hunt, keep us posted.

Looking forward to the pics of gold rings, I.H., silver ;)

have a good un.................

OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Jon,

good luck on the hunt, keep us posted.

Looking forward to the pics of gold rings, I.H., silver ;)

have a good un.................
i have only found one gold ring in my seven years of detecting. funny you said that about the rings. when she told me that i could hunt , she said if you find a old gold womens ring that she wanted it and i could keep every thing else. :) I'm fine with that.

S

southbound

That sounds like a good deal. Now you have to find two gold rings!!! Good luck, Vern

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
JON, Sounds Like It May Be A Productive Site, Best Of Luck & Good Hunting. Sorry About Your Mistake. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 094.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 094.gif
    5 KB · Views: 556
OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
i was going to send a pix,s of the old farm house. but i can not seem to resize it down to go on the site. as far as finds and detecting that day it was a big flop. got to hunt apart of the front yard , trying to stop my kids from going down to the creek with her kids and us getting down there late. finds one toy plane, pull tap, old bottle caps, 11 cents in clad and one of what ever it is? im going to try to get the pix, of the old house if i can down size it. all and all the kids had a good time. so if they were happy so was i :) they loved getting the eggs out of the hen house.

Attachments

• what is it.jpg
    what is it.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 464
  • what is it 001.jpg
    what is it 001.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 444
  • farm house.jpg
    farm house.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 444

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it didn't turn out as well as you wished but at least you got to go!!!

Here's something to keep those kids busy....

Beep a couple of good spots...give those kids a spoon and let them dig the hole and see what they can find! ;)

Good luck for your next trip out!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
Nana40 said:
Sorry it didn't turn out as well as you wished but at least you got to go!!!

Here's something to keep those kids busy....

Beep a couple of good spots...give those kids a spoon and let them dig the hole and see what they can find! ;)

Good luck for your next trip out!

Nana ;)
thank you nana. i get to hunt again when it warms up. she has a lot of ground that gos with the house. im going to plow her garden. you never know what comes to the top when your tilling ground. them kids were all over the place. i will keep the spoon thing in mind when we go back :)

OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
jon43 said:
i was going to send a pix,s of the old farm house. but i can not seem to resize it down to go on the site. as far as finds and detecting that day it was a big flop. got to hunt apart of the front yard , trying to stop my kids from going down to the creek with her kids and us getting down there late. finds one toy plane, pull tap, old bottle caps, 11 cents in clad and one of what ever it is? im going to try to get the pix, of the old house if i can down size it. all and all the kids had a good time. so if they were happy so was i :) they loved getting the eggs out of the hen house.
my kids find there treasure from the hen house :)

Attachments

• treasure from the hen house.jpg
    treasure from the hen house.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 440

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread