Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get out yesterday for a few hours. Nothing too great. But did pick up a 1853 large cent, which someone has altered a little as you can see on the back. Guess they didnt have much to do. :tongue3: I dont dig a whole lot of thimbles but was able to score two for the day. And the key. What can I say? I dont know if I will ever dig a complete one or not, I have many parts and pieces but not a whole one yet. The last Item I have no idea what it is? If anyone has a guess I'm open to suggestions. Its about the size of a quarter, Im guessing maybe part of a pin. :dontknow:

Attachments

• 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 593
  • 53 back.jpg
    53 back.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 591
  • thimbles.jpg
    thimbles.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 580
  • key.jpg
    key.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 602
  • what.jpg
    what.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the pin object a feather or leaf motiff? I have found one or two that reseambles leaves.
Great finds.....and yes, I agree with all others: one large cent and what you found is nothing to sneeze at. Good hunt.
Go back and bruise the area. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mainer

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone.

CMDiamonddawg said:
mainer said:
Thanks everyone. :icon_thumright: you could be right on the whats it being part of a hat pin M.R. Thanks bud.

Quindy I didn't know you have never dug a large cent. With all the great digs you have its hard to believe. Hope you are able to get one in the near future you certainly deserve it. :thumbsup:
I guess we take finding large cents for granted :icon_scratch: I never realized a lot of folks never found one :( nice hunt mainer , stop in and say :hello: CMD :icon_thumleft:

Your right Dawg. I know I take finding a large cent for granted, and I certainly shouldnt. :thumbsup:

hikeinmts said:
Is the pin object a feather or leaf motiff? I have found one or two that reseambles leaves.
Great finds.....and yes, I agree with all others: one large cent and what you found is nothing to sneeze at. Good hunt.
Go back and bruise the area. :thumbsup:

Its a feather motiff. Post a pic on here of yours. Would love to see one. :thumbsup:

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jesse :hello:

Congrats on the LC
The key,guess you will have to keep trying,someday a whole one will appear...
Have fun out there....
Scott

OP
OP
mainer

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE