My Wifes First Time

tnfishdaddy

Oct 12, 2005
Upper East Tennessee
My Wife's First Time

Laid around all morning with the family being lazy. Decided to take the boys to a park to play and ride their bikes. Of course the detector was packed in also. Boys got to blow off some steam and I got to do a little detecting. Unfortunately, the place was pretty clean. I only found one pulltab. Asked the wife if she wanted to try. She walked 2 feet and found a penny. Walked another 2 feet and found another. She hands me the detector and says that this just isn't her thing. Oh well. At least I don't have to buy her a detector now. ;D

Upvote 0

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Re: My Wife's First Time

Man, I thought this thread was about something different. (Whew). ::)

At least she tried, I've never had a lady friend even do that.

DM

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Digginman said:
Man, I thought this thread was about something different. (Whew). ::)

DM

Yeah, what Digginman said. My wife's tried mine (metal detector, you clowns), but she hasn't picked up the enthusiasm, either.

Mike

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought this was going in another direction too.

If you really want her to detect with you....trick her....ha. Get a ring and plant it in a certain spot and let her find it. Just a thought.

LeJeuene

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac

lol....i cant even get a serious reaction from my wife when i show her a silver coin. some people have the coin bug, and some people just dont. my grandma used to encourage me when i was a kid "you fine rink for me" (find ring) and if i show her something good she would always say "ohhh is looking beatiful!" :D my wife just says "let me spend it"

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

lejeuene said:

If you really want her to detect with you....trick her....ha. Get a ring and plant it in a certain spot and let her find it. Just a thought.

LeJeuene

I found a nice silver ring with a malachite stone a few months ago. I lost it when she said, "Hey, that's my size."

She has found a better, easier way to treasure hunt. She just inspects my finds when I get back home. But I get to go out any time I want to! And she does help me with my research. She is better at that than I am.

Mike

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

lejeuene said:

LeJeuene

I found a ring, but my wife wasn't too impressed when it turned her finger green ;D

L

lakelandheel

nice try, keep trying but don't push it. I detected back in the 90's.When ever my wife was with me, it would take for ever to get it back from her.Funny thing was, I'd say honey why don't we go and get you one.She would say oh no I don't need one.Solution I bought me another one for the water.She detected with me for about 5 years.I sold both a white 6000 and a fisher 1280x.Know I'm thinking about getting back into it.GREAT SITE BY THE WAY.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Like Art said....give her time....My wife has been putting up with me for a while,she finally broke out and took my back-up to the local school and found exactly that...2 pennie's....When I brought the ring home this weekend I think she was hooked....Good luck and HH!!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tnfishdaddy said:
;D ;D ;D ;D Maybe it should have been called First Time In Awhile ;D ;D ;D
uh...that's questionable too :o. Hey, at least she won't be tagging along with you and nagging you to leave after one hour! ;D

Laater...

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am hooked and waiting for my detector to arrive. I borrowed my brothers and although I only found trash, I liked digging in the dirt. I am more interested in coins and relics and the research of the history than jewelry(unless it is bigger than 1k diamond) otherwise for jewelry i would just hunt ebay...lol ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions