Green acres is the place to be. Farm metal is the life for me.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the farm after work again today. I concentrated up by the house & the backyard this time. Found an assortment of goods.
*Toy gun & a toy gun barrel.
*A small round heavy brush looking thingy with sharp pointed metal bristles. Any idea on what this is?
*Some aluminum clips. I keep finding these. Are they clothes pins?
*A broken up toy Cadillac. (1940's or 50's?)
*Shotgun shell piece (Remington).
*A small metal mystery item (pictured).
I finally found a few coins by the driveway. A 1969 penny and a 1992 nickel. Big whoop, huh. ;D
It was getting dark, so I decided to quickly hit the area where I found the CW era buttons and bullet.
*I found another small button (pictured), but am not sure of the age. Any idea????
All in all a fun dig. Sorry for the dirty fingers. ;D
Any help IDing some of these things would big a big help.
Thanks & HH,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 801
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 807
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 807
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 793
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 788
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 783
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 775
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 775
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 758
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 766
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Sara77 said:
I live in a old farm house and I don't detect here because the farmer left a trail of wire wherever he went. It really p#$$#$ me off to dig up crazy twisted wire all afternoon. When we moved here I was 19 and made my husband drag the outhouse down by the river with a uniloader sp? and I'm still wishin I had left it there every time I see it. I'm getting inspired to dig up the dirt where it was but when I dig there I get grossed out cause the dirt is black and all powdery! :o

As Montana Jim said, get out there and do it!! It's not the powdery stuff you need to worry about, it's the slushy stuff. LOL The powdery material shouldn't have an odor or any germs, go for it. Often the old privies would have fireplace and stove ashes dumped into them to limit the smell, so the powdery stuff would include ash, dried poo, and dirt...no big deal. You'll probably be very happy to see the stuff that comes out of it...could be old bottles, marbles, coins, who-knows-what-else. Good luck, and please let us know what you find, I realize it probably won't be until springtime.

SARA,
TT is exactly right. I dug out that privy yesterday, and the ashy layer is nothing more than like the compost you would buy in a bag at Home Depot. No smell, just dirt. It did taste like chicken though. ;D
TT was also correct with the fireplace & stove ashes. I found small burnt pieces of wood in there during the dig.
My ashy layer was very shallow (2 feet) and was from in the 1950's by the looks of my finds in there.
Yours is probably much older even, so Mother Nature has had plenty of time to work her magic on what went in there. I wouldn't give it a second thought.
Get out there and dig! Keep us posted on what you find. If you still don't want to do it, maybe you could offer the dig to another member who lives close to you? Just a thought.
-MM-

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texan connection said:
The brush looking thing is a sewing pin cushin minuse the cloth
its a frog used for floral arrangements

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice farm finds.........The button is great , as most people know ...I enjoy finding the buttons the most. There are many different types and designs , thats why I enjoy collecting them....... Congrats on a grat job!

The Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread