Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Been hammering it this week with friends and having a Great time. Need (2) more to reach a goal I felt at the beginning of the year was impossible but it's a Blessing too have several Great spots to hunt. Todays hunt was a short 90 minutes, going to a concert tonight so need to get clean shaved and dress normal. Headed out with MikeG Thursday for the next Am hunt.

OBN0357.jpg This Mornings hunt ....#98 for 2015... A real nice dated gold wedding band 8-19-45, sad it was lost but glad I could save it from lost forever.

OB57.jpg Yesterdays hunt with my friend Greg Diablo, about 4 hours..and time flies when your having fun in the water. A beautiful calm water day which makes all the difference when your neck deep. 3 10k Golds

OBN0357 (2).jpg Mondays hunt Alone with (11) Silvers and (3) 10k Golds, the big guy was a surprise at 12 plus grams. And a nice 1950 Class ring, no name on this one.

OBN035.jpg Then last Thursdays hunt with (27) silvers and one old 1935 class ring.. And a second picture of the silver cleaned up..
OBN356.jpg All cleaned, it took me a few hours just to get them looking close to normal, the Bay is really ruff on Silver and copper. I first have to break off the crust, do the cooking with a laptop power suppy, then clean with a sharp tool if needed then tumble...The sterling rings did not do well so they are left cookied for life..

Thanks For looking and Be safe!

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, That is insane in the membrane. I love the fact that you pull so many OLD class rings that have been rockin' the surf for decades. Congratulations and we all enjoy seeing the fruits of your hard work. Sub 8-)

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go OBN

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck, make us proud!

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
HahahahahahahahahhHhahahaAHHHAAAAAAaHhhaaahhhahahahahahahah! That's awesome!!!!

Nice job not only finding the but also knocking off the crud.

Steve
Thaks Scrappy, Its a big job for sure but I really enjoy seeing that shiney stuff, be it silver or gold..Be safe ..
γ€€
Great job rescuing the treasure!
γ€€
Thank You, I guess saving it is my passion..
γ€€
What a great time you must be having. Smiling all day long, congrats.
Yes, I am Very Blessed to be Retired and Live near water. Be Safe!
γ€€
Way to go OBN!!!! Nice finds, love the dated band from '45
Thanks Buddy, You doing a Great job yourself, Thanks for Protecting US!
γ€€
Where in the heck are you water hunting? An old wishing well that required people to grease their ring fingers before throwing their money in

Seriously, these posts by you masters are so darn humbling...

Good on ya!!
You would think but all of the places I hunt have been hit very hard over the years. I have a great machine and the bottom is always moving...
γ€€
WTG OBN! You are something else. You get hands full of treasure every time you go... or so it seems.

Congrats on making me jealous!

Best of luck to you.
Thanks Tom, Sometimes it's Good.. And others it Better, then there are the days I just enjoy being there...
γ€€
What a great few days hoping to make my goal but won't be going for a few days
Good Luck to you Kent, You have Rocked for several Years.. Sign of a Great Hunter...
γ€€
Awesome! All older gold! Congrats! WTG!
Super clean up job, not easy with that much crud on them!
Thanks You!! I hunt fresh drop beach's also, But when it comes to finding treasure I am very passionate about the old gold.. All are so Beautiful in Design, and timeless.
γ€€
Those waters was very cruel to the silver,but the gold had a lot better luck. You are killing it for sure.Happy Hunting!
Yes, the silver and copper take a beating, but the 10k Gold does very well with the upper purities unaffected.
γ€€
OBN, very VERY impressive. My wives aunt lives on the Chesapeake and was hoping to get there one day. Leave a little gold and silver for the rest of us. Lol
I wil throw a few down when you come.. Just let me know when and where..Be Safe..
γ€€
Your the best! 98 gold rings so far this year, amazing! When I grow up I want to be like you. I'm in the process of getting a custom dry suit made (if the price is right) Don't forget your South Jersey Hookamax pirate this off season. Have wheels will travel!

Congrats Beachy, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Thank You Brad! Very smart move on the Drysuit.. Mine paid for itself with in a few hunts.. Also Hurrican coming, your welcome to come down to OC when she is near. I'm fairly good at putting you on the gold when the Big Guys hit...
γ€€
Now your just showing off. LOL Took me all last year to find 44 silvers.

That's AWESOME!! I'd wish you luck on your next hunt but, don't think it will matter. Lol

Enjoy the concert and try not to think about all that gold and silver.
Thanks You! Concert was Great, Not a Big Country fan but Little Big Town was Great.
OBN0362.jpg
γ€€
Slow down brother!!!!! Leave some for us poor folk out here -

Your are on fire!!
Many Thanks RF, I really enjoy your post also.. Best of Luck on your next outings!!
γ€€
Joe,

You're killing it this year with the gold and silver....wtg.

Regards + HH

Bill
Thanks Bill, I'm fairly stunned myself but I keep on going and having fun...
γ€€
Impressive totals for sure, nice work.
Thanks Pepper, Hopefully next year will be as healthy.. Be Safe!
γ€€
Great saves for sure. Glad they can be id'ed!
Thanks bm, Yes I have 1916 Class ring I just had pictures taken of to try and deciper the Ladies Name.. Hopefull a Good story behind the life of a person that's ring is close to 100 years old..And Maybe a family that will accept it as she was once very special.
γ€€
Really happy for you! It's nice to see you killing it! Way to go!
Slider.. You have been a very good follower, Thank You
γ€€
killer stuff!, that silver gets caked up but you made em look good again, nothing like that clean shiny gold !!

congrats on all your success
Thank You! It does take some time specailly when I get several. Tonights hunt was less and because I found most of it in a clay bottom it came out very nice...
γ€€
Nice job OBN, your killer buddy....
Thank You Fellow Pirate.. May we dig many more..!
γ€€
Great finds.
Thank You!
γ€€
OBN, That is insane in the membrane. I love the fact that you pull so many OLD class rings that have been rockin' the surf for decades. Congratulations and we all enjoy seeing the fruits of your hard work. Sub
Love a ring when you can put some kind of history to it.. Be safe Sub! And Good Luck!
γ€€
Those are killer gatherings of gold and silver. Very,, very nice.
Where is all the 14 and 18 kt gold??
Thank You..Wind! Well I have dug many 14k and maybe 3 18k this year.. I would say 65% of the old rings are 14k, 3% are 18k, and the other 32% are 10k..
γ€€
Way to go OBN
Thanks Wheatie!!
γ€€
Best of luck, make us proud!
Thank You, today was beautiful and the Gold I found today was the same.. Be Safe MsB!! Joe

OBN0361.jpg

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds ...way to go... Be safe..H-Hing

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Holy Cow Batman the Excal Ring King strikes again!!! You freaking rock Joe!
I've found 5 rings this season not one of them is gold. The closet id 10kgf. Don't think it would have found them without your skullies. Thanks again.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunting brother! Very inspiring. Never ceases to amaze me how beautiful the gold comes out. Just love it! TFS and HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible...must be awesome having hunts like that over and over... congrats and keep getting em while the getting is good.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One heck of a haul!! Very nice!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap, what a great bunch of finds!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are still killin' it I see.
Freakin' amazing.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of sweet treasure ! Congrats !
Glen

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the FANTASTIC hunts!

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Incredible...must be awesome having hunts like that over and over... congrats and keep getting em while the getting is good.
Yes your correct, while the getting is good...
Things Change so quick you really have to be on it to catch the right conditions, this beach is just about done for a few weeks so I have to scout around and check conditions at my others.

Urban Prospector....SurgTec....PrairieProwler..DetectHead...J.Chahe...Casper...JoJoBama...Garrett424....Pl8man....Professor Of Eng..
Many Thanks Guys, Took a few days off but will be back out Early Am .. Be Safe And Best to all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread